Cornwall Football Forum

ENDORSED ACADEMY AND THE RESURRECTION OF MARAZION BLUES

Received from Mousehole AFC:-

The successful rebuilding of Marazion AFC, known as the Marazion Blues, has been completed, and The Blues are ‘back in business’ having been accepted back into the Trelawny League for the coming season.

As part of the agreement enabling Endorsed Academy teams to operate on the Marazion pitch, Mousehole AFC, the Academy and Marazion Community Committee have been able to work together to reform the Marazion Blues team, which folded a year ago because of a shortage of players. 

Formed in 1906, Marazion Blues have a long history and were continuous members of the Cornwall Combination League from 1962 to 2004, finishing champions twice and runners-up in the late 1970s.  

From now on, the new Marazion Blues will be an Endorsed Academy Partner and in adopting the Fly Football Philosophy the team will benefit from exceptional training and coaching support.

A buoyant Peter Collins from the Marazion Community Committee said: “We are delighted that the Endorsed Academy have delivered on their promise to re-form our Marazion Blues team and launch our partnership together. We are all so excited by this incredible news and thank everyone involved for making this happen for our club and community.”

The Endorsed Academy’s founder Ezra Chapman added: “At the start of last season we sat down with Peter and made this pledge, and working with the FA and community we are now delighted to have fulfilled it. We are in absolute support and total agreement that it’s so important for Marazion to have its own local team. What’s now been achieved is very much in line with the Endorsed Academy’s vision and goals to improve football and sport for our community. So this is another step in the right direction in our long journey. We sincerely wish Marazion Blues every success and look forward to working with them for the coming season ....and beyond.”

None of this was mentioned by the Marazion representatives at the Trelawny AGM.  

The Marazion representatives said they were ex Mousehole 3rds players and looking to get Marazion Blues running again.

A question was specifically asked by the Trelawny League committee chairman on the subject and Mousehole said it was nothing to do with them.

I was told that if Marazion are accepted into the League, Mousehole Thirds would fold. As it happens, both teams will remain in the league. I'm not sure where Marazion/Mousehole are getting the extra players from, I hope they are bringing a few new lads in and getting people back playing again.

I am disappointed that they appear to have deceived the Trelawny Committee and Clubs at the AGM (and prior to that) but I also hope that the resurrection of Marazion and the continuing membership of Mousehole Thirds will allow more players to play the game we know and love.

The other thing I hope doesn't happen is that the "superstars" of the club who are coming in from near and far do not drop down to Trelawny Division Four to embarrass our clubs - like they did on a few occasions in last season's Flexi League, hence why we are not inviting the club to field a team this season.

I must admit I hope that for the sake of Cornish Football (Grassroots football), this is not just a move in a game of football chess.

The above is my own opinion and not that of the Trelawny league.

I did type this out at the end of last week but it seems I have been overtaken.

Below was going to be what I was going to publish.

I want to tell you a Fantasy Story that is totally made up.

Imagine a local football team that plays in a village in West Cornwall. They have a first, reserve and third team and for years have been going along nicely with the usual local rivalries but getting along with all their local clubs and those of the divisions their teams play in.

Along comes a rich man waving wads of cash, jangling money bags in front of the Committee. I can take the club to great hights, win lots of leagues and cup competions. Now the majority of the committee were getting fed up as the club was not winning very much until recently. So they agreed to let money-bags come on board.

First thing was to use a local, well respected manager to attract players to the club. This he did and the club were having a great season and reached a couple of cup finals. But Money-bags wanted to win the league and go for promotion so he brought in some Out-of-County strangers and sacked the local manager much to the local football supporters dismay.

Now Mr Money-bags had a new manager but he needs to play in a ground that had more potential than that of his team's home ground in the village.

He started to investigate local clubs and picked on one even going to that clubs landlords to see if their lease was nearly up on both the ground AND clubhouse. If the lease was nearly up he could wait and out bid the other local club when it was due for renewal throwing then out on their ears.

But the lease wasn't nearly up so he had to to meet the other club face to face promising them help, etc. The other club rejected his advances and is now wise to what he wanted and wants.

Mr Money bags meanwhile had looked around for another venue for the ladies, third team and expanding youth section for his club to use as a “home ground”. They found one with a fine view of St Micheals Mount and the third team played there last season as tennents of the original club.

Suddenly panic set in. What would happen is someone started up the original club again. They would want their ground back leaving the third team, ladies and youth sides homeless.

After thinking for a while Mr Money-bags came up with the solution.

He told his third team to apply to the league using a name nearly like the original club just dropping a colour from the name. This they did, the manager moving over, keeping the third team affiliated to the league in-case the other league clubs rejected the “name change” The other clubs at the AGM voted this “New” club in thinking it was the original club as the original club had many old friends. The other clubs didn't know the wool had been pulled over their eyes.

Remember this is a Fantasy Story.

Now Mr Money-bags had promised his third team new kit, equioment, etc if they got into the league under the new name, but up to a few days ago he renaged on that deal annoying a few. But he is very happy as everyone thinks the original team is playing at this picturesque ground and would not think to start up a side under the original name of the club who really owns the ground. His ladies and youth section are safe as well.

Soon a letter will come to the league saying his third team are pulling out, which is not fair on the fixtures secretary who is working hard to sort out their fixtures.

Also by having a reserve side and this rebranded side they can have two entreis into the County Junior Cup, League Cup, etc.

Now his club has a website and whoever is the web editor has not put the third team on the list of sides at the club, strange. First team, reserves, ladies, youth all listed but no third team.

But is all goodness and light at Mr Money-bags' club. No, some in the committee are unhappy at the way he is doing things and not discussing his plans before-hand. Committee members know it is upsetting local clubs.

Mr Money-bags' club has come up with a slogan about moving together but some senior members of the club want to clip his wings.

Once again let me repeat this is a fantasy story and any-one mentioned in it is a fictional character.

55 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Imagine a local football team that plays in a village in West Cornwall. They have a first, reserve and third team and for years have been going along nicely with the usual local rivalries but getting along with all their local clubs and those of the divisions their teams play in.

Along comes a rich man waving wads of cash, jangling money bags in front of the Committee. I can take the club to great hights, win lots of leagues and cup competions. Now the majority of the committee were getting fed up as the club was not winning very much until recently. So they agreed to let money-bags come on board.

First thing was to use a local, well respected manager to attract players to the club. This he did and the club were having a great season and reached a couple of cup finals. But Money-bags wanted to win the league and go for promotion so he brought in some Out-of-County strangers and sacked the local manager much to the local football supporters dismay.

Now Mr Money-bags had a new manager but he needs to play in a ground that had more potential than that of his team's home ground in the village.

He started to investigate local clubs and picked on one even going to that clubs landlords to see if their lease was nearly up on both the ground AND clubhouse. If the lease was nearly up he could wait and out bid the other local club when it was due for renewal throwing then out on their ears.

But the lease wasn't nearly up so he had to to meet the other club face to face promising them help, etc. The other club rejected his advances and is now wise to what he wanted and wants.

Mr Money bags meanwhile had looked around for another venue for the ladies, third team and expanding youth section for his club to use as a “home ground”. They found one with a fine view of St Micheals Mount and the third team played there last season as tennents of the original club.

Suddenly panic set in. What would happen is someone started up the original club again. They would want their ground back leaving the third team, ladies and youth sides homeless.

He told his third team to apply to the league using a name nearly like the original club just dropping a colour from the name. This they did, the manager moving over, keeping the third team affiliated to the league in-case the other league clubs rejected the “name change” The other clubs at the AGM voted this “New” club in thinking it was the original club as the original club had many old friends. The other clubs didn't know the wool had been pulled over their eyes.

Now Mr Money-bags had promised his third team new kit, equioment, etc if they got into the league under the new name, but up to a few days ago he renaged on that deal annoying a few. But he is very happy as everyone thinks the original team is playing at this picturesque ground and would not think to start up a side under the original name of the club who really owns the ground. His ladies and youth section are safe as well.

Soon a letter will come to the league saying his third team are pulling out, which is not fair on the fixtures secretary who is working hard to sort out their fixtures.

Also by having a reserve side and this rebranded side they can have two entreis into the County Junior Cup, League Cup, etc.

Now his club has a website and whoever is the web editor has not put the third team on the list of sides at the club, strange. First team, reserves, ladies, youth all listed but no third team.

But is all goodness and light at Mr Money-bags' club. No, some in the committee are unhappy at the way he is doing things and not discussing his plans before-hand. Committee members know it is upsetting local clubs.

Mr Money-bags' club has come up with a slogan about moving together but some senior members of the club want to clip his wings.

Once again let me repeat this is a fantasy story and any-one mentioned in it is a fictional character.

Image result for damn meme

When this circus ends its going to be a very long lonely way down to the bottom of the pile, countless local Clubs relations tarnished and their reputation in local football, talking to a few people involved with the club in question they are even losing faith in this so called vision, i feel there is going to be a lot of smug faces when this carnival ends.

7 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

??????????????  & this is where it will all end, with the club in the ?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Keith B said:

I'm thinking it's a waste of time reading any more of this thread. Is any of it true ? !

Well Mousehole 3rds have now pulled our of the league. So I'm guessing it's 100% true. Joke really. No wonder nobody likes Mousehole.

On 20/07/2018 at 07:58, Roy D said:

Well Mousehole 3rds have now pulled our of the league. So I'm guessing it's 100% true. Joke really. No wonder nobody likes Mousehole.

Where have you seen that, NO ONE LIKE MOUSEHOLE because ive not seen that!

On 23/07/2018 at 12:12, burt said:

Where have you seen that, NO ONE LIKE MOUSEHOLE because ive not seen that!

When you do the dirty  on a respected and well  liked manager, one of the nicest people I have  met in over  40 years  involved in local football.  Yes people will start to dislike you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cornish Teddy Boy. Very interesting story you have there.You must have a lot of spare time on yours hands.As an overseas  ExCornish footballer I'm very interested  in what's going on back home. Ambition is a good thing. Cornish pirates for example when mr Evans set out a plan years ago now, there were the haters. A team full of local talent gradually dismantled for overseas players and players some ex pro from up the line..This shouldn't happen in Cornwall.  Over the years the team move up through the leagues and the haters are now supporters again watching high class rugby 2nd tier  in England I believe.. Truro city another example. Yes a few mistakes made along the Way but the team have moved onwards and upwards and the haters have returned to watch a good standard of football. Maybe not so many this season with home games at Torquay!!. Now onto mousehole. It again seems like someone has shown some ambition and trying to move the club forward. Again the haters are all to quick to jump on sites like this and  post negative comments.I for one like ambition and wish the club good luck and hope they achieve . I know from my time playing in Cornwall  lots of clubs have had good amounts of money and blown it on so called local superstar players but are still in the same leagues as before. Good luck to all clubs back home  have a great season 

On 11/08/2018 at 20:14, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

There's ambition, and how you achieve it.

Methinks perhaps you know little of what has really happened in all that you have posted.

From what i have read on all of this, i think that really none of us really no whats happened if we all be honest, who of us that have posted on it have anything to do with the club...zero! So personally i'm just watching from a far, to see if they crash an burn or fly the flag for Cornwall! It will be very interesting to see which it will be.

I think we could have a flag bearer personally!

1 hour ago, burt said:

From what i have read on all of this, i think that really none of us really no whats happened if we all be honest, who of us that have posted on it have anything to do with the club...zero! So personally i'm just watching from a far, to see if they crash an burn or fly the flag for Cornwall! It will be very interesting to see which it will be.

I think we could have a flag bearer personally!

Sack the manager just before their biggest game, try to steal another clubs ground. 

I'll support that... NOT! 

18 minutes ago, burt said:

Ive only half truths & rumours from twisted & speculative people. Until i hear true facts of what really happened, as i said before, i watch with interest.

Both facts I quoted came from the horses mouths. 

Truro a slightly different kettle of fish. 

That was always about the land, and how much could be made from it. 

And they were always prepared to walk all over the club, and its supporters to make that killing. 

My support will always be to those that I know, and were affected by it. 

A lot of long serving people. 

And I probably know a lot more that has gone on than most, but I will keep my own councel on that. 

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Both facts I quoted came from the horses mouths. 

Truro a slightly different kettle of fish. 

That was always about the land, and how much could be made from it. 

And they were always prepared to walk all over the club, and its supporters to make that killing. 

My support will always be to those that I know, and were affected by it. 

A lot of long serving people. 

And I probably know a lot more that has gone on than most, but I will keep my own councel on that. 

Confused Burt .....read the idiots post.