Cornwall Football Forum

PARKWAY PRE SEASON

Plenty to interest SWPL followers here;

Wednesday 4th July Callington away 7.30pm.

Saturday 7th July Argyle Home 12:30pm. 

Wednesday 11th July Newquay away 7.30pm. 
Saturday 14th July Torpoint away 2.00pm.
 Wednesday 18th July Tavistock away 7.30pm.
 Saturday 21st July Bristol Manor Farm away 3.00pm.
Wednesday 25th July Launceston Home 7.30pm.
Sunday 29th Charity Bowl @StDennis v Falmouth town 3.00pm.

Not a very good reporter - Callington 1 - 3 Parkway.  Goals for parkway were from Aaron Bently, Mike Smith and Stewart Yetton. Parkway had at least four missing from the squad, but still managed to bring on three subs. No doubt Callington had players missing, as all clubs will during this 'friendly' season. We were missing Hobbs, Trott, Farkins and Hillson through family,holidays and work. Callington started off at a great pace and went ahead through a deflected shot which left the keeper stranded. The second half was dominated by Parkway who played some really attractive football, quick movement and could have scored another four goals except for some clearances off the line.  That's all I can manage.

Decent summary Home Waters however I reckon Parkway 1st goal was from Mikey Williams (20), followed by Smith (34) and Yetton (75). Cally went ahead on 13 with what appeared to be an unfortunate og. Good work out for legs and lungs for both sides. Parkway brought on 4 subs through 2nd half. Keeper Osborn, Pople, Rhead and A Trialist.

Edited by Tractor Boy

Parkway 2 - Plymouth Argyle ( First team squad ) 4.  crowd = 1250 .

Good crowd considering the England game was on. Great effort by all at Parkway . Well done Committee and helpers.

The result was even on Sky Sports news ( I could not believe my eyes ).I screen shotted it but could not download on here lol .

I have followed Parkway for about 8 years now and would never have thought we would be where we are now. 

Cmon Parkway.

23 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Really impressed with the extras. Bouncy castle/fire engine for kids, live music etc. As my Argyle supporting mate said - why can’t they do all this at Argyle?

That's to distract the youngsters from having to look at the Bald One and the other old miseries in the covered standing area.:ninja:

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

According to PASOTI two ex Truro players turned out for Parkway--River Allen & Rocky Neal

river Allen was on the bench thought he signed for tiverton ?  . do not  understand the point in using players who have not signed for you club in a pre season game its not like there was a full squad of players there . 

23 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

river Allen was on the bench thought he signed for tiverton ?  . do not  understand the point in using players who have not signed for you club in a pre season game its not like there was a full squad of players there . 

Don't know the circumstances, and who was fit and available, but think it would have been a great opportunity for a couple of youth players to be given a go.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:15, THE BALD ONE said:

Have not stood there for a few seasons Way of The Park  :SM_carton:  But you would have been Impressed with the number of tight gits who were outside looking through the fence. I counted 17.

You must be mellowing with age Sir, seem to regular remember you going various stages of red through shouting at players and refs . Remember Parkway v Elburton when Justin Crowley flattened Dan Griffiths right in front the stand? You nearly vaulted the railings in one go.

17 tight gits? Better than the paid attendances that some clubs get.

20 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Don't know the circumstances, and who was fit and available, but think it would have been a great opportunity for a couple of youth players to be given a go.

You must be mellowing with age Sir, seem to regular remember you going various stages of red through shouting at players and refs . Remember Parkway v Elburton when Justin Crowley flattened Dan Griffiths right in front the stand? You nearly vaulted the railings in one go.

17 tight gits? Better than the paid attendances that some clubs get.

I remember that well my friend.  Then just after , Lee  Bevan did a similar tackle and I turned a blind eye ............... lol.

I was going to go to Helston this afternoon to watch them play Plymouth Argyle  but when i heard it was going to be mostly there  youth team i decided to give it a miss not really fair that especially when they had all there 1st team playing at Tavistock .Off to Truro tmmrw to see the Cardiff youngsters play Truro hope Newquays Hayden Turner plays in this match instead of the 10 mins he was given against Exeter the other night

Tavi  2   Parkway  3 .  Very inexperienced Tavi team took Parkway to the wire last night with Yetton netting the winner at the end of the game.

Hats off to the young Tavi lads for effort and hard work.  It was at the end of the day,  a pre season warm up , but if Parkway play like that against Bristol Manor Farm Saturday , they will get thumped.

Parkway 2  Launceston 2.

As always a good tough game against Launceston last night.  Parkway came back from 2 down to equalise with a direct freekick from the half way line by Trott. Different starting line up to that against Manor Farm .  Good run out for both teams . Launceston look a good team too. 

Top six for them this year.  A couple of strange decisions reference handball or was it last night.  I think the FA need to revisit this and make a clear statement as to what constitutes handball.  I know the rules are already there , but just to make it clear.  It was a case of was that handball or was it not intentional or why was his arm that high ?

All in all a pleasant evening watching football.

Cmon Parkway.

Think that Parkway need time to gel. This is a completely new front line, but ultimately, the majority of the names you'd expect to play all had a part in yesterday's game; Yetton, Carter, Rosenquest, Poppleford, Crac, Joyce, Williams, Trott, Rods, Hilson etc. 

Still have the quality to create an abundance of chances and can score from anywhere... clearly.

Think Launceston looked great last night - a few playing their first pre-season game of the season, and especially in midfield, bags of energy, composure on the ball and strong in the challenge.

Interested to see how both do. Think Parkway should achieve top 3 in their league, however, as an unknown entity, they might not be given the respect they received in the SWPL the season before, and how they handle that will be interesting.

Good to hear. Carter will always score goals, but there were always question marks about how much he contributes to the general play. Do you think the Parkway style of play will change without Hobbs, possibly more balsnced with others stepping up? Would Mikey Williams be the main man now?

For what’s its worth - I think Parkway will be stronger with messers Yetton and Carter - two very experienced and proven goal scorers - especially with the service they will get from Smith and Williams. With. Mr Hobbs is undoubtedly a very good striker (arguably best in league, by a little way now) but his mobility is not that much more than Carter and he has the potential for long bans at any stage of the season. Also can’t see Rosenquest as a starter - imo not of the same standard as the other 4 up front. 

Just hope Parkway do really well and enjoy it. 

Whilst Hobbs had a very good season last year, I felt he slowed the teams play a bit as well. He was always going to leave at some point, I’m just surprised he lasted a season without a fall out. He did a good job last year and I hope he gets Tavi up this season, then no doubt he will leave. Seems happy to stay at swpl level. 

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Good to hear. Carter will always score goals, but there were always question marks about how much he contributes to the general play. Do you think the Parkway style of play will change without Hobbs, possibly more balsnced with others stepping up? Would Mikey Williams be the main man now?

To be honest Willams was the pick of a good bunch last season. He helped drag us through some tough games when we were struggling to score. Class act that lad. I think Shane Krac could be an important player too this season. As long as he keeps those tackles under control lol

Not sure the manager would have kept both strikers on, once down to ten men, in a league match. Playing time more important than result. Parkway created plenty of chances despite being a man down. Better to be missing chances, than not creating any. If Yetton and Carter hit form, could be lethal.