Cornwall Football Forum

Frogpool & Cusgarne has club reshuffle.

Frogpool & Cusgarne has club reshuffle.

After Nick Mallaber’s resignation at he end of last season, Frogpool & Cusgarne have taken multiple steps into reshuffling the club so that it is in a strong place for next season.

Long-term committee member Lee Booker has been appointed as Chairman, Michelle Mallaber will continue her role as treasurer while Dan Templeton will take over as fixture secretary, Shaun Smith as registration secretary and Tim Edwards as minutes secretary.

As far as management is concerned, Dan Templeton will be running the first team following the second team’s title winning campaign last season. However, he will be accompanied by loyal friend Tom Gall who will step up as co-manager.

The club are pleased to announce that Darren Meagor will be running the second team alongside a new management team. 

The club also welcomed many new faces onto the committee and we are really excited for next season.

Pre-season starts on Wednesday July 4th, 6:30 at the Richard Jory Playing Field where everyone is welcome.

Due to all the changes, we are very sorry to cancel our annually five-a-side tournament. However, we look forward to going again next year.

Nick Mallaber will be staying amongst the committee, and the club would like to reiterate its gratitude for his tireless work.

Congratulations  Tempo  , great that Frogpool have appointed internally  , good luck  for next season will keep an eye on your games , and fixtures sec as well you are a busy boy , well done local football needs more like yourself  getting involved  .

On 22/06/2018 at 10:11, B_D said:

Good effort Frogpool. Just a question @Tempo will your second team players be stepping up to the first team, with the first team stepping down a division? If that's the case, are you expect to lose any players that have to make the drop down to play in division three?

Likely to be swapping teams. No reason why players from last years 1st team can’t earn a place this season, just need to impress a different manager. I guess that is what pre season is for. Hopefully we won’t lose too many if any. We have a loyal squad and the majority have been together for long time. 

41 minutes ago, YoungPercy said:

Likely to be swapping teams. No reason why players from last years 1st team can’t earn a place this season, just need to impress a different manager. I guess that is what pre season is for. Hopefully we won’t lose too many if any. We have a loyal squad and the majority have been together for long time. 

Would imagine it'll be interesting competition for everyone :)

The club will reorganise players once pre-season has begun. In my head I’ll have a very similar side to the one that won’t division 3 but every player (including new ones) will have the opportunity to prove themselves.

On 22/06/2018 at 07:53, stevieb said:

Congratulations  Tempo  , great that Frogpool have appointed internally  , good luck  for next season will keep an eye on your games , and fixtures sec as well you are a busy boy , well done local football needs more like yourself  getting involved  .

Appreciate this - I’ll keep working hard for the club. As will the commtteee members, new and old, I’m sure.