Cornwall Football Forum

DERYK HEYWOOD BECOMES GENERAL MANAGER OF MOUSEHOLE AFC AND ENDORSED ACADEMY

Received from Mousehole AFC for posting on their behalf

In a significant development Mousehole AFC have appointed Deryk Heywood -  Chairman of Porthleven AFC - to the role of General Manager.  He will be responsible for both developing the commercial model of the club, working closely with its Endorsed Academy, while also driving forward the increasing number of developments at a local level.

Deryk Heywood, who re-located to West Cornwall over 40 years ago, explained his decision to move across to Trungle Parc:  “I’ve been at Porthleven for several years and made many good friends, and this last season was our best in the League for ten years. So its been a big decision to leave.  But the opportunity to be involved in something unique, with such huge ambition, energy and vision at Mousehole AFC, and joining the growing leadership team of the club, was simply too good to miss. Its incredible to see a club that is engaging so deeply with its community, schools and the RNLI and beyond - its fantastic.”

Deryk went on to explain his involvement with local football and how he was returning to a club very close to his heart.  As a former local player - which included an interesting stint at Mousehole - Deryk is no stranger to the West Cornwall football scene, and has many fascinating stories to tell.  “My first ever game of football in Cornwall was for St Just Youth team in 1974.  I then played in goal for Herland Rangers in the West Penwith League from 1975 and eventually joined Mousehole, where I have some fantastic and actually very emotional memories.”

“So, as you can imagine, I’m massively looking forward to returning to Mousehole, this time in a different capacity and applying myself to ensuring that both the club and Endorsed Academy achieve their vision and goals.”

The club would like to wish Deryk every success in his new role and welcome him to the team.   

#FlyingAllTogether

Just posted on facebook........ 

With immediate effect, I am stepping down as chairman at Porthleven AFC.

With my recent appointment as General Manager of Mousehole Endorsed Academy, I feel that it presents a conflict of interests to remain in another role at another football club.

In the interim,  Simon Bew has been appointed as Acting Chairman until the AGM later this month.

Deryk Heywood.

Does not matter what Mousehole do, it does not change their geographical position, they recognise this themselves now.

That's why they inquired about the lease on Penlee park (bad)

All roads lead to Trungle park .....got to find the road first!!!!!!

All the best to them from me, but for myself it can only go so far before it hits that big, big travelling problem, and that will be the players just getting to home matches.

Could always fly in s'pose.......lol

13 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Does not matter what Mousehole do, it does not change their geographical position, they recognise this themselves now.

All the best to them from me, but for myself it can only go so far before it hits that big, big travelling problem, and that will be the players just getting to home matches.

It worked for Manchester United in 1987!

14 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Older - that assumes the players will be local. 

3 hours ago, Fanfare said:

It worked for Manchester United in 1987!

Manchester United and Mousehole in the same breath ......REALLY!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Older - that assumes the players will be local. 

If they climb the ranks as they hope too, there will not be any local players, so flying them in could be an option.

There players will live closer to their away matches than their home matches ....lol

On 18/06/2018 at 15:33, cornishteddyboy said:

What does Endorsed mean?

What football organisation able to say a club is Endorsed? I can't find one anywhere.

How do they mean by an Academy? Is that for adult players or youth players? 

Either no one can or noone wants to ever answer this question. Its been asked a few times!

I am just praying that answer isnt 'nike' ?

On 18/06/2018 at 16:25, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Manchester United and Mousehole in the same breath ......REALLY!!!!!!!!

If they climb the ranks as they hope too, there will not be any local players, so flying them in could be an option.

There players will live closer to their away matches than their home matches ....lol

Same with Truro City! ?

On 18/06/2018 at 12:16, leedsunited said:

Pumped a lot of money in down at Porthleven last season by all accounts 

Rubbish ! He’s raised thousands single handed ! He’s just worked hard on the commercial side . £16,000 alone on perimeter boards ! We got rid of the artists thieves and halfwits . Especially those who couldn’t see the club hadn’t been rewired since 1958 ! They were qualified electricians and plumbers ! Flood lights were dangerous ! 

Are you for real?? You single handed displaced half of the committee. Not only that rude to organisers of an event that earns the club thousands!! Possibly the reason it’s not being held again this season!!!

Yes Derek has done a bloody good job and worked hard for the club. Yes the club needed rewireing but for the cleaver man as you portray yourself as you let yourself, Derek and the club down by posting stupid messages like this get a grip!!

On 18/06/2018 at 11:11, Gossip man said:

?? This must be a joke     He cant even manage his own Restaraunt

So do you do run taps then ? does that qualify you on running restaurants  ! Deryk runs a very successful restaurant in Penzance . Just pop in and see how busy it is ! Probably the busiest in Penzance breakfast luncheon and supper ! You really shouldn’t make statements on things you know absolutely nothing about . But like the Porthleven AFC previous committee masters of nothing except drinking , swearing in front of children and at committee meetings , inept tradesmen such as an electrician and so called plumber ! I’m qualified to tell you they were idiots ! 

Oh and speaking to decent Porthleveners they commented on several occasions that the  previous committee members and others couldnt tie their own shoelaces. 

With all respect without these half wits and acholics and people that can’t tie there shoe laces there wouldn’t have been a club to fix the electrics/ floodlights. You may have your personal greavences with people yet again you are now letting yourself down. Once a again get a grip man