Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth T. v ATDU (8-1)

I have always been intrigued by the Cornwall Senior Cup opposition of ATDU who played at Bickland Park in 1957-58.

Based at RNAS Culdrose ATDU stood for Aerial Torpedo Development Unit - a rather secretive   establishment it makes me wonder how they got affiliated as a Senior club and what league would they have played in.

Are there other obscure clubs which have appeared in this competition-ie RAF St.Eval

In the 1960s and 70s, the CCFA refused to recognise the senior league status of some clubs. Therefore some of the smaller clubs: Calstock, Delabole, Marazion, Kilkhampton, Carharrack, Stratton and Gunnislake to name a few played in the unpopular preliminary rounds where only the winner qualified for the first round.

Did RNAS Culdrose also compete when ATDU did?

Maybe they were in the Cornwall Senior League?

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:57, Mike Odgers said:

I have always been intrigued by the Cornwall Senior Cup opposition of ATDU who played at Bickland Park in 1957-58.

Based at RNAS Culdrose ATDU stood for Aerial Torpedo Development Unit - a rather secretive   establishment it makes me wonder how they got affiliated as a Senior club and what league would they have played in.

Are there other obscure clubs which have appeared in this competition-ie RAF St.Eval

I bet they were good on a wet pitch.