Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole AFC formally thank Penzance AFC

Mousehole AFC would like formally to thank Penzance AFC and their Chairman Terry Burgess for their willingness to explore a shared way forward for the future.  Although the two clubs will not be progressing together, we would like to put on record our greatest respect for the Penzance club and Chairman, and will continue to enjoy the healthy but competitive rivalry that exists between the two clubs.  In the meantime, Mousehole AFC continue to be fully committed to exploring all opportunities to better serve our community and create a brighter sporting future for our kids.  Several exciting developments are being put in place and announcements will be made in due course.

48 minutes ago, Joe Slovo said:

Reply to Mousehole AFC from Penzance.

Social Media Statement.docx

Which reads ..........................

Thank you all at Mousehole AFC for your post on the Cornish Football Forum and that is reciprocated by myself and Penzance AFC.

We are always open to explore all opportunities to serve our community and to help youngsters in the area.  Penzance AFC Youth runs 9 teams and we are linked with Mounts Bay Football Development Centre.  Their pathway is connected to Plymouth Argyle Football Academy and that works well as a stepping stone for any youngster to progress in football, if they want to.  So the statement made on social media that Penzance AFC are denying our local youngsters opportunities is a crass comment.

At Penzance AFC we are all volunteers (as I’m sure is the same with lots of other clubs) - all the coaches and staff including myself.  Everybody works really hard, from the Disability side to the Youth to the Adult sides. Penzance AFC is a Chartered Community Football Club, and all our Youth coaches are at the required standard.

Finally, there is nothing wrong with rivalry, that’s what makes football what it is, as long as it is healthy and not just for a few individuals who get too carried away with themselves.

Just enjoy the game

Terry Burgess

Chairman Penzance AFC

Penzance are not a Nike Partnership Club, as other clubs are, but looking at this NPCBrouchure there is almost nothing too it.

Just makes people think that your club is special but to me it seems you can shove it all over your local area in exchange for £100 to spend on a County FA Coaching Course, plus be able to get discounted kit.

Have a read, as I say, nothing special, looks like Smoke and Mirrors.

http://cwyfl.org.uk/web_documents/nike_partner_club_introduction_brochure__002_.pdf

John i am suprised Penzance Afc don't promote their partnership with Mounts bay football development centre more ? Especially with the goings on with certain Clubs at the minute, i myself was unaware of a partnership between the two and im sure many other people are unaware as well.

10 hours ago, David187 said:

John i am suprised Penzance Afc don't promote their partnership with Mounts bay football development centre more ? Especially with the goings on with certain Clubs at the minute, i myself was unaware of a partnership between the two and im sure many other people are unaware as well.

You could be right about that and perhaps the Club could be better at promoting itself but the priority is to concentrate on the development and welfare of those who have chosen to be playing at Penzance. Not all will become super-stars but everyone is equally important, regardless of ability.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 18:38, Dave Deacon said:

Mousehole AFC would like formally to thank Penzance AFC and their Chairman Terry Burgess for their willingness to explore a shared way forward for the future.  Although the two clubs will not be progressing together, we would like to put on record our greatest respect for the Penzance club and Chairman, and will continue to enjoy the healthy but competitive rivalry that exists between the two clubs.  In the meantime, Mousehole AFC continue to be fully committed to exploring all opportunities to better serve our community and create a brighter sporting future for our kids.  Several exciting developments are being put in place and announcements will be made in due course.

And will be keeping an eye on how long is left on the PZ lease no doubt.

Poor, poor way of going about things initially.

On 13/06/2018 at 13:56, cornishteddyboy said:

Penzance are not a Nike Partnership Club, as other clubs are, but looking at this NPCBrouchure there is almost nothing too it.

Just makes people think that your club is special but to me it seems you can shove it all over your local area in exchange for £100 to spend on a County FA Coaching Course, plus be able to get discounted kit.

Have a read, as I say, nothing special, looks like Smoke and Mirrors.

http://cwyfl.org.uk/web_documents/nike_partner_club_introduction_brochure__002_.pdf

‘Nike partnerships’ are an excuse for a club to big itself up by identifying with a big brand. Like you said, they’re nothing more than some discounted kit and a coaching course.

Makes you wonder who paid for all of the Nike branding at Mousehole’s ground...