Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Dave Deacon

Penzance confirm the recent Mousehole bid!

Recommended Posts

The Magpies have issued this Club Statement - 5th June 2018

Last month Penzance AFC received and listened to a proposal from Mousehole AFC/Endorsed Academy Elite to come together as one in some way and play all South Western Peninsula league games at Penlee Park.

It was of interest to Penzance to learn from the proposal and we were very surprised that Mousehole AFC were prepared to give up their Peninsula League status for this to happen.

Mousehole are a local village side with their own history.

Over the last few years they have been very successful and may that continue.

So why would they give up their senior status just to help create one team capable of moving up through the national League System, recruiting players from further afield?

It doesn’t quite add up. Penzance AFC, formed in 1888 - the same time as the national League System was put in place – and founder members of the South West League, would never just give up its history or its autonomy just to be part of others’ pipe dreams. Yes, of course we want to be successful, but not at all costs.

A line must be drawn somewhere, we can’t lose sight of what a local club is there for – town or village. Penzance AFC is open to all, not just the ‘elite’, and we will endeavour to work with the community at all levels to provide a chance to play football for young local footballers.

That’s it, nothing more, nothing less.

We will do our best to achieve this. We wish Mousehole AFC, Endorsed Academy and its Elite programme every success in their quest for national Football League status. Mousehole v Plymouth Argyle K.O. 3 pm Trungle Parc…?

Maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well  - I'm astonished at the suggestion. Sounds to me (being of a suspicious nature) that they just want to play at Penlee Park. Can't blame them for that, it's one of the best grounds around, along with one or two others.

Why would any club want to lose their own identity ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last the club has squashed the rumours.

No way would I want my club to play second fiddle to another using our facilities. We may be "The Poor Relations" at the moment but Swings and Roundabouts.

Eventually people will get fed up with their "Plaything" and it will all come tumbling down and I don't want to see my team come down like a domino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can completely understand Penzance not wanting to loose its identity or take any unnecessary risks with its future. However this arrogant, dismissive and sarcastic response sums up everything that is wrong with a Cornish football scene that is dying on its feet. Clubs should be working together to create a pathway for youngsters to play at a higher level. Maybe one day a combined West Cornwall side could play senior non League football, supported by a Penzance and a Mousehole team underneath it. Maybe not. But even if you turn down a merger, find a way to work with your neighbours and be more adult in your response. Do not be so dismissive to people trying to find solutions to the problems football in the area faces. A completely moronic response that sadly will be backed by many in Cornwall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're proud to be Cornish Rob1978. To call us morons is wrong and - there's nothing wrong with individuality.

I don't believe that Cornish football is dying on its feet personally. Yes it probably needs re thinking a bit, but I believe that there is still a strong desire to continue playing the game we love. Don't know where you're from sir - are you Cornish ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im from Plymouth with proud Cornish roots. I did not call Cornish people morons. I just felt the response from the club was moronic. As you well say Cornish football needs rethinking. Individuality is great but surely there is some scope for some kind of partnership between the clubs. Keeping to the status quo will seen a continuation of long term decline. Whilst Cornish clubs often overly state their isolation (Bodmin is nearly as quick to Bristol as Plymouth due to direct A30), Mousehole is genuinely isolated and even I have doubts that the project can work, but if it can, football in the whole area would benefit including Penzance. The response from the club was dismissive, sarcastic and ignorant. A far more mature response would be to say that the club wishes to maintain its identity but will work closely with Mousehole to develop football in the region to everyone’s benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

Im from Plymouth with proud Cornish roots. I did not call Cornish people morons. I just felt the response from the club was moronic. As you well say Cornish football needs rethinking. Individuality is great but surely there is some scope for some kind of partnership between the clubs. Keeping to the status quo will seen a continuation of long term decline. Whilst Cornish clubs often overly state their isolation (Bodmin is nearly as quick to Bristol as Plymouth due to direct A30), Mousehole is genuinely isolated and even I have doubts that the project can work, but if it can, football in the whole area would benefit including Penzance. The response from the club was dismissive, sarcastic and ignorant. A far more mature response would be to say that the club wishes to maintain its identity but will work closely with Mousehole to develop football in the region to everyone’s benefit.

Thank you for coming back on this Rob. There is much right in what you say. Yes Mousehole is isolated geographically, whilst Penzance is at the end of the railway line at this end of Cornwall. Pity perhaps that Mousehole didn't have preliminary talks with Penzance before gathering all the support from elsewhere that they did. 

I thought the response from Penzance was a reasonable one, although it was unfortunate that the term ''pipe dreams'' was used. Mousehole's location is not ideal for a club with big ideas and one can imagine their frustration, when the realities of the limitations their geographical situation puts them in, became clearer to them.

Amalgamation with another club ? A poll of feelings on the subject would be interesting. Loss of identity is a big step. Years ago Wimbledon did that and lost many hitherto faithful supporters. It will be interesting to see what other responses come in on this subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the project is in any way sustainable, and we know it’s a big if, the best solution would be for a combined, merged team at a higher level which is supported by Penzance, Mousehole and Helston at peninsula league level. Clubs could keep their identities and play at same level,  whilst providing a pathway for Cornish youngsters. Even if this is pipe dream, clubs should work together to improve the local infrastructure and always show each other respect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Mousehole will finish at least 20 points ahead of Wayne Quinn's Penzance

Keep up with the Group please, stop lagging behind.

Penzance AFC are pleased to announce that Faser Cadman has taken on the roll of First Team Manager.

News posted 23rd May!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have got to agree with Rob1978 on this. Whatever your individual view on Mouseholes aspirations - surely this was a ‘private’ conversation and not one to be derided in such a sarcastic way - does not reflect well on the club, in my view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

I have got to agree with Rob1978 on this. Whatever your individual view on Mouseholes aspirations - surely this was a ‘private’ conversation and not one to be derided in such a sarcastic way - does not reflect well on the club, in my view. 

I must have missed something - ''private'' ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely the initial conversation between Penzance and Mousehole was just a sounding board between committee members of both clubs - not for general consumption? Now it’s subject of a Penzance press release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Keep up with the Group please, stop lagging behind.

Penzance AFC are pleased to announce that Faser Cadman has taken on the roll of First Team Manager.

News posted 23rd May!

Frazer Who?? Make that 30 points behind !! 

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Surely the initial conversation between Penzance and Mousehole was just a sounding board between committee members of both clubs - not for general consumption? Now it’s subject of a Penzance press release

Agreed. Sounds like Penzance have their own issues on the field having finished so far behind Mousehole last season, & being the Senior Club in West Cornwall seems to me like they can't get near them on the pitch so they use this opportunity to try & humiliate Mousehole. Notice long standing Pz & Cornwall legend John Mead didn't feel the need to come on here & 'break the news' nor did the Penzance Secretary who also is a regular poster. Seems like a failed cheap shot by someone in house I think ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yawn,suppose i'd better reply. 

1) it wasn't announced on here by us (a facebook/twitter post)

2) John Mead (indeed a legend) is not on our committee. He is our groundsman.(and that is not a throwaway comment,groundsman entails hours and hours of work evert week)

3) FYI Mousehole initially went to our landlord,enquiring about Penlee Park, realised that we still have 12 years to run on our current license. Only then were Mousehole "forced" to come up with their "glossy presentation". We,as a club,listened,mulled it over,said no thanks

 I could go into more detail but it is not necessary. As our Chair has said,we wish Mousehole all the best to travel up the leagues. How many local players this will involve is anyone's guess.

Penzance AFC are an FA Chartered Standard Club and have two senior sides,2 disability teams and ten youth/girls teams. We endeavour to offer football opportunities to all local players. ( cue howls of protest,Perranporth,local? Give it a rest.)

Thank you

Charlie Farley

Secretary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Frazer Who?? Make that 30 points behind !! 

Agreed. Sounds like Penzance have their own issues on the field having finished so far behind Mousehole last season, & being the Senior Club in West Cornwall seems to me like they can't get near them on the pitch so they use this opportunity to try & humiliate Mousehole. Notice long standing Pz & Cornwall legend John Mead didn't feel the need to come on here & 'break the news' nor did the Penzance Secretary who also is a regular poster. Seems like a failed cheap shot by someone in house I think ... 

It's not for me to make announcements on behalf of Pz AFC but I do think some people have read more into the Clubs statement than it says. Locally, there's been much confusion and debate about what's been going on and the Club Chairman wanted to explain the Clubs position. There's no hostility between the two Clubs despite the obvious on-field rivalry; the proposed "merger" was simply not felt to be the direction Penzance wanted to go in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yawn, suppose I’d better reply. Your humility is touching. 

52 minutes ago, Joe Slovo said:

Yawn,suppose i'd better reply. 

1) it wasn't announced on here by us (a facebook/twitter post)

2) John Mead (indeed a legend) is not on our committee. He is our groundsman.(and that is not a throwaway comment,groundsman entails hours and hours of work evert week)

3) FYI Mousehole initially went to our landlord,enquiring about Penlee Park, realised that we still have 12 years to run on our current license. Only then were Mousehole "forced" to come up with their "glossy presentation". We,as a club,listened,mulled it over,said no thanks

 I could go into more detail but it is not necessary. As our Chair has said,we wish Mousehole all the best to travel up the leagues. How many local players this will involve is anyone's guess.

Penzance AFC are an FA Chartered Standard Club and have two senior sides,2 disability teams and ten youth/girls teams. We endeavour to offer football opportunities to all local players. ( cue howls of protest,Perranporth,local? Give it a rest.)

Thank you

Charlie Farley

Secretary

Even your reply is full of arrogance and attitude. ‘Yawn suppose I’d better reply’ Surely as secretary that is your job. How many local players Mousehole use is none of your business. However if the club was to play at a higher level it would give an opportunity for talented players to stay in the region. The not so good ones can still play for you. If Mousehole went behind your back regarding the lease, then I can understand that you would be upset and annoyed, but replies full of sarcasm do not help the image of your club. Please represent your club in a more mature and professional manner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is precisely why i don't post very often on here."sarcasm and attitude", . Both the Chair and I have given our best wishes to whatever Mousehole do what more do you want us to say. No pleasing some people, cheers and gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with any of the responses from the PZ, rather you Rob 1978 who should get of your high horse.

I think Mousehole have just woken up and realised where they are.

Just look at Truro who have lost their ground trying to realise a "dream"

Best of luck to Mousehole, and to Penzance.......I would not have agreed to it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the detractors out there.

Think what would have happen to the club if our lease was near enough up.

We would be out on our ear looking for a ground and playing Combo or Tewlawny football as we would not be able to compete with what Mousehole could offer.

I think it is awful that Mousehole went behind our backs first and only came face to face as when they realise their ground does not fit Chapman's ambitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

To the detractors out there.

Think what would have happen to the club if our lease was near enough up.

We would be out on our ear looking for a ground and playing Combo or Tewlawny football as we would not be able to compete with what Mousehole could offer.

I think it is awful that Mousehole went behind our backs first and only came face to face as when they realise their ground does not fit Chapman's ambitions.

But you already play trelawney football  , that is what your reserves play in ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

We would be out on our ear looking for a ground and playing Combo or Tewlawny football as we would not be able to compete with what Mousehole could offer.

If you keep that side you have you’ll be playing combo football in a couple of years anyway! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you need to grow up & stop all this rubbish, Mousehole might be in the wrong but when looking into new ventures, all avenues would have to be looked out surely. Penzance seem to be in the wrong when releasing committee business on a public forum, both club have not come out of this press release, so was it wise..no!

Put it to bed and draw a line under the whole silly mess. Move on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair they actually release it in this forum.

I copied their Press Release which was released to the general public yesterday morning.

I’m not quite sure why people are so sensitive though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who wasn't in any way involved in any of the discussions but who loves Penzance AFC, I trust the decision of the committee, all of whom are dedicated hard-working club people and who I know mulled it over professionally and sensibly. In many ways a merger seemed attractive and could have proven successful, but, equally there were many, many complications and it could have fallen flat on its' face and ended up as a logistical and emotional nightmare.

Both clubs have a great history; many of us older Penzance supporters still think of Mousehole as a lower division club (and wish that the league tables reflected that nowadays).  We look on at what is happening up at Trungle with a mixture of bewilderment and envy at their vaulting ambition and hope that maybe some of that gold-dust floats down the hill to Penlee. 

It would be great to see a successful first team at Penlee Park but not at the expense of losing what makes both clubs unique. The club is doing the right thing with the nurturing of younger and diverse teams through Charter Club status.

COYM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having been on the board at a few professional level football clubs and currently still a board member at one (not for long i must add) i can give a reasonably honest opinion of this situation, ive seen this many times further afield where an Amateur Club tries to climb the mountain like stairway to semi professional and professional football, take it from me based on many varied experiences, the financial implications are absoloutey spine tingling and you will need some serious backers who are willing to throw vast sums of money into (what seems) a blind alley, these clubs which i have witnessed come to a very distressing end when the money finally disappears, bear in mind these Club backers are always business people and in their world if it isn't making a profit it's a financial burden they don't need, two fantastic local Clubs steeped in history  (especially Penzance) shouldn't ever need to merge if run correctly (which from what ive seen they are), i never criticise anyone for trying to improve themselves or their organisation but as long as they do it in the correct honourable manner, Penzance Afc in my opinion have done the correct thing in not losing sight of thier status and what realistically can be achieved with the infrastructure etc, i wish you good luck but can honestly say i hope the tarnishing of your Clubs good name and the upsetting of various local Club relations is worth it in the end.

P.s i would obtain Chartered standard status first as a good basis before looking at buying football grounds etc.

Dont take any of this personally its just my own opinions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, East Cornwall Magpie said:

As someone who wasn't in any way involved in any of the discussions but who loves Penzance AFC, I trust the decision of the committee, all of whom are dedicated hard-working club people and who I know mulled it over professionally and sensibly. In many ways a merger seemed attractive and could have proven successful, but, equally there were many, many complications and it could have fallen flat on its' face and ended up as a logistical and emotional nightmare.

Both clubs have a great history; many of us older Penzance supporters still think of Mousehole as a lower division club (and wish that the league tables reflected that nowadays).  We look on at what is happening up at Trungle with a mixture of bewilderment and envy at their vaulting ambition and hope that maybe some of that gold-dust floats down the hill to Penlee. 

It would be great to see a successful first team at Penlee Park but not at the expense of losing what makes both clubs unique. The club is doing the right thing with the nurturing of younger and diverse teams through Charter Club status.

COYM!

Penzance have had their 'Gold Dust' in their time 

I remember some great players traveling down to Penzance from Plymouth over the years. Always a long old drive but a cracking set up for football. Just a great shame they don't have that quality on the pitch as Penzance is most certainly a top division club based on facilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David187 makes some very good points.  Like him I have been involved at board level at step 2 (though not presently).  I am also a long distance Penzance supporter/sympathiser since going to the ground as a kid 45 years ago!

If Mousehole are serious about going for the big time they should get on with it.  PZ would just be a stepping stone and I can't even see where they fit in even if they got as high as Truro.  They have a setup that can be developed (though I am not sure about lights) as well if not better than PZ.  The work they have done so far is remarkable.

I also have to nail my colours to the flag:  I believe in a Cornish league for Cornish clubs.  Fine if someone wants to step to Western or higher, but geographically you have to accept it might as well be an island.  And its fantastic for that.  Personally I would like to see Cornwall be able to field a Cornish County team in the FA Cup as if it were their international team made up purely of players from cornish teams playing below step 3.  I digress perhaps, but its how passionate I am about it.

I thought some of the club statement was bordering 'ill advised' but equally we don't know how aggressive or passive aggressive these meetings were.  What was excellent and truly good to hear was what PZ's idea of what they exist for.  Being Man Utd is great and all that, but the reason we have so many clubs is because they were started and survive so that anyone locally who is interested in any aspect of football can go there, join a club and that club will help them, nurture them and be something the enthusiast can belong to.  Thats a great thing to be.  I have a season ticket for my home town club (step 2) who put something like 22 teams out every weekend for their large town.  I am so proud of that.  Every bit as much as the odd FA Cup run.

Let Mousehole do their own thing and good luck to them.  Its been exciting watching them grow.  But PZ's role would by definition be short term and there seems no point in one of those clubs losing its identity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Islingtonbob said:

David187 makes some very good points.  Like him I have been involved at board level at step 2 (though not presently).  I am also a long distance Penzance supporter/sympathiser since going to the ground as a kid 45 years ago!

If Mousehole are serious about going for the big time they should get on with it.  PZ would just be a stepping stone and I can't even see where they fit in even if they got as high as Truro.  They have a setup that can be developed (though I am not sure about lights) as well if not better than PZ.  The work they have done so far is remarkable.

I also have to nail my colours to the flag:  I believe in a Cornish league for Cornish clubs.  Fine if someone wants to step to Western or higher, but geographically you have to accept it might as well be an island.  And its fantastic for that.  Personally I would like to see Cornwall be able to field a Cornish County team in the FA Cup as if it were their international team made up purely of players from cornish teams playing below step 3.  I digress perhaps, but its how passionate I am about it.

I thought some of the club statement was bordering 'ill advised' but equally we don't know how aggressive or passive aggressive these meetings were.  What was excellent and truly good to hear was what PZ's idea of what they exist for.  Being Man Utd is great and all that, but the reason we have so many clubs is because they were started and survive so that anyone locally who is interested in any aspect of football can go there, join a club and that club will help them, nurture them and be something the enthusiast can belong to.  Thats a great thing to be.  I have a season ticket for my home town club (step 2) who put something like 22 teams out every weekend for their large town.  I am so proud of that.  Every bit as much as the odd FA Cup run.

Let Mousehole do their own thing and good luck to them.  Its been exciting watching them grow.  But PZ's role would by definition be short term and there seems no point in one of those clubs losing its identity.

You talk about a Cornish ‘international team’ - the county has been activity pursued by Conifa who are currently having their World Cup. Conifa have had no response, which is a shame as it would be great to see a Cornwall team up against  other national identities such as Tibet and Nothern Cyprus, in what is becoming a high profile tournament.  This is what is systematically wrong with Cornish football. The Cornish Fa are incapable of promoting the game on a bigger stage and its leading clubs such as Penzance and Mousehole would rather squabble like children then work together for the common good. Cornish football is isolationist, parochial and narrow minded with the odd exceptions. Meanwhile crowds dwindle and grounds decay. The whole thing is a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to PZ from me.

6 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

You talk about a Cornish ‘international team’ - the county has been activity pursued by Conifa who are currently having their World Cup. Conifa have had no response, which is a shame as it would be great to see a Cornwall team up against  other national identities such as Tibet and Nothern Cyprus, in what is becoming a high profile tournament.  This is what is systematically wrong with Cornish football. The Cornish Fa are incapable of promoting the game on a bigger stage and its leading clubs such as Penzance and Mousehole would rather squabble like children then work together for the common good. Cornish football is isolationist, parochial and narrow minded with the odd exceptions. Meanwhile crowds dwindle and grounds decay. The whole thing is a joke.

Cornwall v Tibet - home and away (?)......don't be so bloody daft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The competition is being played in London. Of course it wouldn’t be home and away. Are you really that much of an idiot? Yorkshire are entering a team in the future. Would be a fantastic way to promote Cornish identitiy and culture. Narrow minded buffoons like you are holding back the game in Cornwall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Conifa word cup is currently being played in non league grounds in London. It is designed for areas with a national identity that would not qualify under FIFA criteria. Places such as Cornwall, who have been invited. It has achieved a decent level of publicity such as being on sky sports news. Cornwall is heavily reliant on tourism and any thing that promotes its unique Celtic identity in England should be encouraged. A fantastic chance for young Cornish lads to represent their heritage. Yet the idea can be dismissed as bloody daft by someone who has not even bothered to look into how the tournament works. Look how many Cornwall rugby shirts have sold over the years. A football Conifa one could be just as successful. Lets start being a bit more proactive in our thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

You talk about a Cornish ‘international team’ - the county has been activity pursued by Conifa who are currently having their World Cup. Conifa have had no response, which is a shame as it would be great to see a Cornwall team up against  other national identities such as Tibet and Nothern Cyprus, in what is becoming a high profile tournament.  This is what is systematically wrong with Cornish football. The Cornish Fa are incapable of promoting the game on a bigger stage and its leading clubs such as Penzance and Mousehole would rather squabble like children then work together for the common good. Cornish football is isolationist, parochial and narrow minded with the odd exceptions. Meanwhile crowds dwindle and grounds decay. The whole thing is a joke.

 The Cornish fa are incapable of doing anything except probably wearing their black blazers at todays cornwall show  and trying to show everyone how wonderful they are !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cornish FA would be under pressure from the FA not to be involved I suspect.  But blow that.  This is my point, Cornwall should take a leaf out of Wales book.  the larger teams play in the English leagues for sure, but the Welsh league has gone from strength to strength.  In terms of travelling it makes it practical.  There is none of the nonsense about taking promotion and anyway geography and the way people live now mean west cornish teams would really struggle to afford it, or find players who had the time.  Embrace it.  I really can't see the point in a 'cornish' team being based in somewhere like Bristol full of journeyman players who commute to home and away games.

I have believed for years that a Kernow team is the way forward.  Not one trying to climb the lower leagues, but one that plays in specific competitions like the FA cup, County Cup, youth FA Cups etc.  Cornwall has a unique case it should lobby the FA to be allowed to do this.

It means anyone playing in the league can get selected.  I think that would be hugely exciting for fans and players alike. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO Truro Citys keeper just played for England C if he had played for a Cornwall national team surley he could not represent both nations? And most people down here arent cornish when it suites the Trelawney Army.I also thought Cornwall had a county side and county youth side who reachead the FA FINAL last season 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

The competition is being played in London. Of course it wouldn’t be home and away. Are you really that much of an idiot? Yorkshire are entering a team in the future. Would be a fantastic way to promote Cornish identitiy and culture. Narrow minded buffoons like you are holding back the game in Cornwall. 

I believe that is called a bite ...lmfao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I believe that is called a bite ...lmfao.

Ok. Maybe you would like to share with us your vision for the future growth and development of Cornish Football?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

Ok. Maybe you would like to share with us your vision for the future growth and development of Cornish Football?

This subject would be worth a group podcast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob1978 said:

Ok. Maybe you would like to share with us your vision for the future growth and development of Cornish Football?

The future and growth of Cornish football is zero if the present administrative system remains in place. Far too many rules and regulations !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

This subject would be worth a group podcast!

Listened to a couple podcasts interviewing the guy who runs Conifa, where possible Cornish participation was mentioned. A podcast interview with him with regards to Cornwall would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Ok. Maybe you would like to share with us your vision for the future growth and development of Cornish Football?

There will be no growth, or development, rather it will continue to shrink as interest wanes in football generally.

Another nail in the coffin today, Amazon have now got rights to screen football as well, so if you want to watch top flight football you now need 3 accounts !!!!!!

Other interests, and over coaching of youngsters at too young an age will shrink football in GB to an all time low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

There will be no growth, or development, rather it will continue to shrink as interest wanes in football generally.

Another nail in the coffin today, Amazon have now got rights to screen football as well, so if you want to watch top flight football you now need 3 accounts !!!!!!

Other interests, and over coaching of youngsters at too young an age will shrink football in GB to an all time low.

to be fair, there are so many streams online, you dont really need any accounts!😂

Not sure on the "as interest wanes in football generally" statement... unless you mean local football which is sadly spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×