Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CornishRhino

Unai Emery at Arsenal

Thought I'd start this thread and see if we could move away a little from the other thread now Arsene Wenger has left the club.

What changes do we think Unai Emery is going to make at Arsenal? I know Santi Cazorla is going to leave once his contract expires. Is anyone else going and who is coming in?

Be interesting to see your thoughts.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

**** Emery's first signing could be a 34 year old Swiss full back,who is available on a free.Lichtstiener,a reserve from Juventus.

Thats really frightening the rest of the Premiership.

I was waiting for a comment like that from you Dave! ;) To be fair the Lichsteiner deal isn't a bad one. Be different I guess if it was for a fee but a free transfer isn't bad. I can't see him being ahead of Bellerin in the pecking order to be honest. But he isn't a bad back up player.

25 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

Fresh ideas...I can't wait!. 2 of Europe's best strikers to work with.. strengthen few areas...I think we will be okay. 

He needs to do a fair bit of business I think. But I can see him doing better than Wenger. In the end he just ran out of ideas I think. If he had carried on it would've only got worse.

On 27/05/2018 at 12:47, CornishRhino said:

Thought I'd start this thread and see if we could move away a little from the other thread now Arsene Wenger has left the club.

What changes do we think Unai Emery is going to make at Arsenal? I know Santi Cazorla is going to leave once his contract expires. Is anyone else going and who is coming in?

Be interesting to see your thoughts.

Cazorla leaving ? That would seem a bit ungrateful. Arsenal have looked after him throughout his long and nasty injury.

As for Emery - who knows what he will do. Who knows how he will fair in the pressure of the English Premier League ? The only thing we know is, that Arsenal FC have usually made the right choice up to and including Wenger.

6 hours ago, Keith B said:

Cazorla leaving ? That would seem a bit ungrateful. Arsenal have looked after him throughout his long and nasty injury.

As for Emery - who knows what he will do. Who knows how he will fair in the pressure of the English Premier League ? The only thing we know is, that Arsenal FC have usually made the right choice up to and including Wenger.

So they are due a bad one,then.

On 29/05/2018 at 07:45, Keith B said:

Arsenal certainly have looked after him through his awful injury. Unsure on who's choice it was though for him to leave?!

I'll be honest, I don't have a clue what to expect from Unai Emery. A totally different kettle of fish at Arsenal compared to what he was used to at PSG in France. His transfer business will be crucial as to how well he does this season.

Carzola is leaving because his contract is up and the club aren't renewing it. Not his fault. As for the comment regarding 2 of Europe's best strikers, there is no way Lacazette is one of Europe's best. He's average at best! 

On 30/05/2018 at 16:52, gingerninja said:

Carzola is leaving because his contract is up and the club aren't renewing it. Not his fault. As for the comment regarding 2 of Europe's best strikers, there is no way Lacazette is one of Europe's best. He's average at best! 

A good player but I certainly can see why they aren't renewing his contract. Arsenal can be quite good going forward if they all start linking up well together.

On 02/06/2018 at 18:58, CornishRhino said:

A good player but I certainly can see why they aren't renewing his contract. Arsenal can be quite good going forward if they all start linking up well together.

Carzola was a great player but unfortunately  injury has curtailed  his career  ,  Arsenal have stuck with a few players over previous  seasons that have had long term injuries  e.g. Diaby  , at one stage Carzola  might have not been able to walk let alone kick a ball  with the infection in the bone  . 

11 hours ago, stevieb said:

Carzola was a great player but unfortunately  injury has curtailed  his career  ,  Arsenal have stuck with a few players over previous  seasons that have had long term injuries  e.g. Diaby  , at one stage Carzola  might have not been able to walk let alone kick a ball  with the infection in the bone  . 

Spot on stevie - Carzola was a great player. It's sad what has happened to him. He always looked like he was enjoying playing too.

On 05/06/2018 at 20:11, stevieb said:

Injury has certainly ruined his career to date. Or at least the last few seasons anyway. I for one hope he comes back. As for Arsenal sticking by their players, fair play to them. I'd have released Abou Diaby much earlier than what they eventually did.

It seems Unai Emery will have a different style, than Arsene  lots seems to be going on behind the scenes with backgrou6 staff being released , if given time it could all come good   but will the fans get behind him .  Interesting  times for Arsenal  .

9 hours ago, stevieb said:

It seems Unai Emery will have a different style, than Arsene  lots seems to be going on behind the scenes with backgrou6 staff being released , if given time it could all come good   but will the fans get behind him .  Interesting  times for Arsenal  .

I'm confident he'll do a better job to start with compared to Wenger and his latter years at Arsenal. The fans have no choice but to get behind him after what they've endured lately. Interesting and exciting times ahead at Arsenal.

On 23/06/2018 at 00:20, stevieb said:

New background  staff appointed , young keeper signed  , Jack, leaving  , Unai Emery is certainly  putting down his mark very early 

Making plenty of signings as well. Something Arsene Wenger didn't do in his latter years.

On 29/05/2018 at 16:38, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Emery "rubbing" people up the wrong way already ....lol

Gotta be careful with that stuff, takes lumps out of metal, Cazorla the first one to leave (?)

Wilshire gone as well , he didn't fancy battling for a place in the first eleven .  Mr. Emery  has started as he means to go on being honest with players , probably just what some of the established players need , a kick up the backside,  time will tell if he is the man to turn things around on the pitch  , but at the moment the fans seem to be onside , how quickly that might change after city on the first game of the new season .

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:27, stevieb said:

Wilshire gone as well , he didn't fancy battling for a place in the first eleven .  Mr. Emery  has started as he means to go on being honest with players , probably just what some of the established players need , a kick up the backside,  time will tell if he is the man to turn things around on the pitch  , but at the moment the fans seem to be onside , how quickly that might change after city on the first game of the new season .

Hope Arse-nal have a great season.

See the source image