Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole Fc

Gone under the radar a little as I have not seen anything or reports of their fine 5-0 demolition of Wadebridge in the Charity Cup Final last Thursday evening. Fine season for Mousehole, a convincing scoreline for a final to say the least. Can see Mousehole being a very strong outfit down in the West Division next season. Well done Mousehole.

Very good evening with a 200 peeps crowd watching a very pacey controlled Mousehole.

Too fit and controlled for Wadebridge, they stuck to their guns as best they could but could not live with the football on show from Mousehole.

A very healthy 50/50 (£62.10p) was won by Charlie Davis from Falmouth (who never bought me a beer for selling him the ticket!!!)

A big thank you to everyone who stayed for a very good time after the match, a couple of very good hours in the bar reminded me of how it used to be.

Very well run by the CCFA with everything organised to a tee, and a very good show by the officials.

The pitch looking good, and playing very well, all in all I think most would have enjoyed the evening.

41 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Very good evening with a 200 peeps crowd watching a very pacey controlled Mousehole.

Too fit and controlled for Wadebridge, they stuck to their guns as best they could but could not live with the football on show from Mousehole.

A very healthy 50/50 (£62.10p) was won by Charlie Davis from Falmouth (who never bought me a beer for selling him the ticket!!!)

A big thank you to everyone who stayed for a very good time after the match, a couple of very good hours in the bar reminded me of how it used to be.

Very well run by the CCFA with everything organised to a tee, and a very good show by the officials.

The pitch looking good, and playing very well, all in all I think most would have enjoyed the evening.

There may have been the odd bobble ?

So much Jealousy on here, they have obviously got contacts, they are providing some great fixtures for the locals down West, smashing teams most weeks in their respective league, pumped a few teams in the league above (more established clubs) in the cup competitions, & won the Charity Cup 5-0 last week, leave them chase their dream

11 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

You must of been the goalkeeper .....keep your eye on the ball - lol

Indeed, at least I didn't have to explain that one! I had visions of Paul Robinson as it bounced! ?

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Definite goalkeeper error.

Was surprised there was not more bobbles. The pitch was full of weeds, even though it looked flat, it didn't look up to the pitch of old. 

9 hours ago, burt said:

Was surprised there was not more bobbles. The pitch was full of weeds, even though it looked flat, it didn't look up to the pitch of old. 

Not nice burt, nothing stays the same.

The groundsman is 72  years old, and does a pretty good job IMO, I thought it played well except for that one bounce, and that was around the 6 yd box where keepers like to dig holes .

14 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Not nice burt, nothing stays the same.

The groundsman is 72  years old, and does a pretty good job IMO, I thought it played well except for that one bounce, and that was around the 6 yd box where keepers like to dig holes .

That's very true but i think you will find most groundsman are around this age, Penzance, Hayle & Mousehole i can think off top of my head & these pitches are up near the top in cornwall.

Hayle surface is good but the pitch slopes which isn't ideal, mousehole pitch is much improved but still is too far out the way to ever be considered for any finals etc, penryn from what ive seen is still up there with the best in the county, but i do have a soft spot for bickland 

1 minute ago, David187 said:

Hayle surface is good but the pitch slopes which isn't ideal, mousehole pitch is much improved but still is too far out the way to ever be considered for any finals etc, penryn from what ive seen is still up there with the best in the county, but i do have a soft spot for bickland 

Also with trungle you need a 4x4 to get there ?