Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Knock Out Cup Semi Final tonight (Wed)

9 hours ago, 8 quid said:

Is this the rob brown that was "true blue browner " that jumped ship from liskard wen as a club they wer having a bad time & the same rob brown who couldn't cut it at st Dennis years ago as your balls wer like dumplings ?????

Same one-and your right I didn’t cut it at st dennis, 16 years old and first season in men’s football to go to a big club like st dennis was a step to far for me at that age. But when you are trying to fill the gloves of great keepers like Paul pethick and dave Philip, it’s a hard task. 

As for leaving Liskeard when they were having a bad time, I spent nearly 8 years at the club-was on the comitee, were relegated with the ECPL team and also gain promotion with them. Played in poor SWL sides there, and played a part in the side that finished runners up to bodmin. 

Left the club after one of the current first team managers decided I wasn’t good enough for the first team anymore, but left them sitting 3rd in the league. Disappointed, but it’s a game of opinions. 

4 seasons in with torpoint, 4 leagues two cups and 2 cup runners up.....enough said 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holywell and Cubert aka the slayers of St Stephen went into our quarter final of the cup against a Cally team we had beat 4-0 and 11-1 already anticipating a place in the semis. Before the quarter final we knew the rules and were already working out who could play in the semi the following week. Cally then beat us 4-1 so that ended that. It’s not rocket science we knew who could and couldn’t play and we didn’t even get there.

It would appear Torpoint didn’t bother with their own in house checks if their first submitted team had 4 ineligable. That is an insane number of ringers to try and bring in for a semi. Again playing a lad who didn’t meet the criteria would have been easy enough to check their end.

3 minutes ago, HACA said:

Holywell and Cubert aka the slayers of St Stephen went into our quarter final of the cup against a Cally team we had beat 4-0 and 11-1 already anticipating a place in the semis. Before the quarter final we knew the rules and were already working out who could play in the semi the following week. Cally then beat us 4-1 so that ended that. It’s not rocket science we knew who could and couldn’t play and we didn’t even get there.

It would appear Torpoint didn’t bother with their own in house checks if their first submitted team had 4 ineligable. That is an insane number of ringers to try and bring in for a semi. Again playing a lad who didn’t meet they criteria would have been easy enough to check their end.

Ringers ??. Those 4 players all signed on in late November with a squad restructure and with a limited number of games from Dec-Mar were unable to make the required number of fixtures. S.Rosevear played 11 games this season, tough for a ringer. I played 5 whilst away with the forces. M.Crowley played 6 whilst working most weekend. Thanks for your input though.

6 minutes ago, coady-9 said:

I can assure you I'm nothing to do with any fake profiles and if it is any of the players in my club I'm very embarrassed. I couldn't care less about the matter season over for this 45 year old much needed rest

Hi coady - it would appear that some lads that attend marjons uni have called you out as starman to players across the duchy this season. So you can take that “apology” if you can call it that? And remove yourself. 

Hope the ankle is okay. Being at that age you need to rest, cold/hot compressions throughout. 

Goals x

Have just sat and read every comment on here. I can't believe some of the utter rubbish and damn right disgusting comments. The decision has been made. End of !  The rights and wrongs are for The League and the affected teams only. If any of you think you can do a better job than any of the current Committee then you can put yourself forward for Election . Bet no-one will as it is easy to rant on here than actually be proactive. Abusing people from behind a keyboard is for playground bullies. Man up and try your best for your club and stop swiping at others !

The final has been played. Congratulations to Foxhole. Now just the small matter of the apologies owed for some of the silly comments made on here that were aimed at hard working officials of the Duchy League. 

You know if you owe an apology and I trust you will be decent enough to make it

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2018 at 13:07, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

I’m bored of this thread now. Let’s just agree to disagree and move on!

Once the apologies have been made publicly (as the criticisms were) I would agree. A few at Torpoint are in the frame