Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Knock Out Cup Semi Final tonight (Wed)

15 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

I think one or two posters on this thread are not as "outraged" as they are making out and are just stirring it. The decision is made, accept it please and go watch the game tomorrow.

Everyone is human, mistakes are made. Let it lie and move on.

Just sums up the league and people running it.. “let it lie and move on” typical. I guess nobody ever will like torpoint winning anything will they. 

Goals x

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can’t believe ex premier league player James Norman is saying such hurtful things to people who give up their time for us all to enjoy football on a Saturday! As a mature professional who has made millions playing alongside the likes of Salmon Rondon and all we need is 11 James McLean’s this is outrageous! I’ve heard through the grapevine st Meagan can not fulfill this fixture as they are in Newcastle on their end of season do! Hopefully torpoint can step in, and fulfill this fixture! 

1 hour ago, Cornishfootball said:

they had. dammerel and bartolini were ok as they were registered before required date so no need to check. does every club check this? no!

not even an apology from the league. Disgusting

Sorry if I’m mistaken but I thought Damerell hadn’t played enough games before the March 15 cut off??

if so then a quick check from your secretary would have picked that up??

FatRonaldo, did you play three league games by March 15th?, have you played for a higher ranked team?, are you registered?, is there an R in the month?, are you or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?, Do You Know the Way to San Jose?, is there a God?, what is the meaning of life?, does my bum look big in this? If you can positively answer each of these questions, you're definitely eligible to play tomorrow.

To be talking about hard working VOLUNTEERS like Messrs Newcombe and Collings in the way some of you have is the only “disgrace”’ in all of this. Without those two there will not be a Duchy League,  end of. That means no football for you all. Yes, a mistake was made, however, each club still has a responsibility to play within the rules, i.e. with eligible players, and to know who is and isn’t eligible. As a manager and secretary myself I appreciate that is a difficult job, particularly with the way players move between teams at Torpoint, but it is the club’s responsibility to know.

There could have been a number of outcomes; replay of the semi, cancellation of the cup, reinstatement of Torpoint or the decision the League reached, and with every one, someone misses out - total no win situation for the league, and one that I know has upset them deeply, but nothing compared to the barrage of crap I’ve read above. 

4 minutes ago, StarMan42 said:

Can’t believe ex premier league player James Norman is saying such hurtful things to people who give up their time for us all to enjoy football on a Saturday! As a mature professional who has made millions playing alongside the likes of Salmon Rondon and all we need is 11 James McLean’s this is outrageous! I’ve heard through the grapevine st Meagan can not fulfill this fixture as they are in Newcastle on their end of season do! Hopefully torpoint can step in, and fulfill this fixture! 

Hi star man, or shall we call you by your own name? Craig coad.. keep up the good work in the duchy league.. many would say you could play higher but you just prefer to coast in the duchy prem. 

goals x

1 hour ago, Cornishfootball said:

they had. dammerel and bartolini were ok as they were registered before required date so no need to check. does every club check this? no!

not even an apology from the league. Disgusting

This is an awful situation. Both the Club and the League have made mistakes . It is untrue to say there was no apology from the League. Paul Collings apologised at an early stage. 

My twopenneth is that the League have obviously screwed up but Torpoint cannot simply absolve themselves of responsibility for checking the eligibility of their own players. Should the Duchy have to do this for all clubs each week? Clearly not. They won by playing an ineligible player who, it seems, had a big hand in their victory. St Mawgan should not be punished for the League’s error. 

The way forward is a replay. No good reason not to do this if fair play more important than league coffers or face saving!

My helmet is on...

1 minute ago, Columbia said:

This is an awful situation. Both the Club and the League have made mistakes . It is untrue to say there was no apology from the League. Paul Collings apologised at an early stage. 

My twopenneth is that the League have obviously screwed up but Torpoint cannot simply absolve themselves of responsibility for checking the eligibility of their own players. Should the Duchy have to do this for all clubs each week? Clearly not. They won by playing an ineligible player who, it seems, had a big hand in their victory. St Mawgan should not be punished for the League’s error. 

The way forward is a replay. No good reason not to do this if fair play more important than league coffers or face saving!

My helmet is on...

Couldn’t agree more. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

To be talking about hard working VOLUNTEERS like Messrs Newcombe and Collings in the way some of you have is the only “disgrace”’ in all of this. Without those two there will not be a Duchy League,  end of. That means no football for you all. Yes, a mistake was made, however, each club still has a responsibility to play within the rules, i.e. with eligible players, and to know who is and isn’t eligible. As a manager and secretary myself I appreciate that is a difficult job, particularly with the way players move between teams at Torpoint, but it is the club’s responsibility to know.

There could have been a number of outcomes; replay of the semi, cancellation of the cup, reinstatement of Torpoint or the decision the League reached, and with every one, someone misses out - total no win situation for the league, and one that I know has upset them deeply, but nothing compared to the barrage of crap I’ve read above. 

Speaking with some of the old boys down torpoint today. Many are refusing to play in the duchy league next year. Shame really for such a well oiled team to lose such promising players.. 

goals x

Have some sympathy. Instead of games being played once a week they are being played almost daily. The amount of paperwork flying around is huge. A question asked, a rush job because the semi-final is a few days away and a human mistake is made. We all make them, if not every club would have a perfect record, no ineligible players, all players signed up so plenty to choose from, no late team sheets, first-aider at every game.

Look to yourselves first.

6 minutes ago, Goals said:

Speaking with some of the old boys down torpoint today. Many are refusing to play in the duchy league next year. Shame really for such a well oiled team to lose such promising players.. 

goals x

Comes under the heading cutting your nose off to spite your face ? Torpoint have spent years saying their use of squads is within the rules so cannot really be affronted when rules are broken. That said I feel for them too

Get the game replayed and stop pissing about

11 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Have some sympathy. Instead of games being played once a week they are being played almost daily. The amount of paperwork flying around is huge. A question asked, a rush job because the final is a few days away and a human mistake is made. We all make them, if not every club would have a perfect record, no ineligible players, all players signed up so plenty to choose from, no late team sheets, first-aider at every game.

Look to yourselves first.

games have been pencilled in mid week because of all the season cancellations etc etc so teams will struggle to have 11. this was the case with torpoint and they had to call upon whoever was registered to help out which is fair enough. damerels name was on the sheet the league sent out of eligible players and then the team sheet went in with emails asking if this was ok and it was all okayed.

A replay is the right outcome and i agree that some language on here has been too far but it has also been fueled by fake accounts and idiotic small fish playing for clay country clubs who stoke the fire

Thanks for the volunteers that run the league but no thanks to not rectifying a mistake and having to cough up a few extra quid for a few sarnies. That was the first thing that was said! Would have hoped for a better outcome as even ST MAWGAN were looking for a replay

Honest errors all round. Some of the comments on here very juvenile and unsporting.

Not fair to expel Torpoint - player eligibility confirmed by league. If it was assumed and found to be wrong then that is Torpoint's look out, but having requested clarification it becomes the leagues authority. That is their job and responsibility - they have failed to discharge the role they have sought. I understand the value of community service that people like this do; but they need to be honest enough to put right their error. 

This is the equivalent of being thrown in jail having asked a police officer if what you were about to do is legal.

What I fail to understand and can't be swept away is there really is a fair and credible way of resolving this - replay the semi.

I am staggered if this is due to cost. I will cover the costs of the replay - how much can it really be £200 - £300? We could easily organise a whip round for that.

The cup and league are now tainted. Is this anti east cornwall bias?

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

NO, the disgrace is they tried to blatantly lie about a player who was eligible to play to cover up the fact they made a balls up on a player that wasn't! These are officials that run the league and cups, not the bloke down the pub. 

As a true supporter of torpoint afc .. i feel we have to hold our hands up for playing an illegal player . Its a massive shame to the club but we all need to pull together and accept yes the league said we can play bartelleni , but rules are rules and and regs are regs so unfortionately we have to accept that the fa have changed there decision after making a muck up and thats it .. lets get to the final next year lads!! 

34 minutes ago, Justin norman said:

NO, the disgrace is they tried to blatantly lie about a player who was eligible to play to cover up the fact they made a balls up on a player that wasn't! These are officials that run the league and cups, not the bloke down the pub. 

Hi just, what’s your biggest dissapointment in football?

50 minutes ago, Goals said:

goals x

Don’t tell me you’re sorry because you’re not, you know you’re only sorry you got caught

28 minutes ago, Justin norman said:

Mate - You need to give it a rest - I thought you said earlier you were no longer the manager so you weren't bothered

There are numerous other teams that have only been able to muster seven / eight players in the Duchy League given the insane fixture congestion this season

Unlike Torpoint many of them don't have East Cornwall or SWPL players to call on. They have to take it on the chin and take a stuffing

You ( not you personally, Torpoint ) have done this so many times you've exhausted any sympathy that the local football community may have for you

Some you win, some you lose - This one didn't go your way 

Shit happens

PS - Those league officials that made the **** ups - They're probably the most dedicated, hard working and sportsmanlike people in the County so denigrating them isn't going to help your cause

Torpoint haven’t been ‘caught cheating’ at all. If that were the case Dammers would have played under a different name. They asked if it was ok to play him and were given the ok to do so-not cheating! There was a doubt if he could play-asked for clarification and was told he could. It’s a mess but is what it is. 

Credit to duchy league for putting food on-after our ECPL final v st Austell the league would pay Liskeard to do us food ???

3 minutes ago, rob brown said:

Torpoint haven’t been ‘caught cheating’ at all. If that were the case Dammers would have played under a different name. They asked if it was ok to play him and were given the ok to do so-not cheating! There was a doubt if he could play-asked for clarification and was told he could. It’s a mess but is what it is. 

Credit to duchy league for putting food on-after our ECPL final v st Austell the league would pay Liskeard to do us food ???

How many West Brom first teamers did James Norman get you in for that game?

8 minutes ago, StarMan42 said:

Makes more sense than cheating in a semi final

Can we stop suggesting Torpoint cheated. They asked for guidance and were given incorrect information. This is  called making a mistake. Your cheap point scoring is childish and does you no credit. I will assume that StarMan is a soubriquet you gave yourself ?

7 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Can we stop suggesting Torpoint cheated. They asked for guidance and were given incorrect information. This is  called making a mistake. Your cheap point scoring is childish and does you no credit. I will assume that StarMan is a soubriquet you gave yourself ?

Starman is Craig coad from st Stephens around 45 years of age and still acting like a little bitch. Enjoy your double win Craig hopefully you do well in the east Cornwall next year. 

Goals x

2 minutes ago, Goals said:

Starman is Craig coad from st Stephens around 45 years of age and still acting like a little bitch. Enjoy your double win Craig hopefully you do well in the east Cornwall next year. 

Goals x

They probabky won’t do that well-couldn’t hack it last time around and needed to drop to ‘rebuild’ aka ‘we can’t attract decent players so will drop down a few leagues and try and win something’ ???

5 minutes ago, rob brown said:

They probabky won’t do that well-couldn’t hack it last time around and needed to drop to ‘rebuild’ aka ‘we can’t attract decent players so will drop down a few leagues and try and win something’ ???

I’m not surprised rob. Not many will want to play at the cricket club/football ground/social park. 

Goals x

6 minutes ago, Goals said:

Goals x

got a few profiles those St Stephens lot. if they spent as much time trying to progress their team instead of stirring shit on here then theyd probably have half a chance.

dont blame them for not taking promotion mind as some of the ringers they bring in already play in ECPL so this will limit their 'special occasion squad'

2 hours ago, StarMan42 said:

Hi just, what’s your biggest dissapointment in football?

Don’t tell me you’re sorry because you’re not, you know you’re only sorry you got caught

I might be many things, committed, aggressive, vocal on the pitch but one thing I'm not is a cheat! Go away and do your homework on me and  then you come back and we can talk. Oh, and biggest dissapointment would be playing against shit footballers, because it made my standard drop. If I ever need my boots lacing, I'll come and find ya, ?

5 minutes ago, Justin norman said:

I might be many things, committed, aggressive, vocal on the pitch but one thing I'm not is a cheat! Go away and do your homework on me and  then you come back and we can talk. Oh, and biggest dissapointment would be playing against shit footballers, because it made my standard drop. If I ever need my boots lacing, I'll come and find ya, ?

You've lost the argument now bud

" Playing against shit footballers - Made my standard drop "

You arrogant t**t

Have a word word with yourself FFS

2 hours ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Mate - You need to give it a rest - I thought you said earlier you were no longer the manager so you weren't bothered

There are numerous other teams that have only been able to muster seven / eight players in the Duchy League given the insane fixture congestion this season

Unlike Torpoint many of them don't have East Cornwall or SWPL players to call on. They have to take it on the chin and take a stuffing

You ( not you personally, Torpoint ) have done this so many times you've exhausted any sympathy that the local football community may have for you

Shit happens

PS - Those league officials that made the **** ups - They're probably the most dedicated, hard working and sportsmanlike people in the County so denigrating them isn't going to help your cause

I actually said I didn't care about upsetting people as I'm no longer the manager, keep up Brian, and I haven't lost any argument, you're missing the point it's directed at one individual who seems to think he knows me well enough to call me a cheat. 

17 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

For you maybe - I'll decide when I end the discussion if it's all the same to you

Lets just say our opinions differ 

Give it a rest Brian. Do some research into Justin Norman and then come back. 

Goals x

17 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

For you maybe - I'll decide when I end the discussion if it's all the same to you

Lets just say our opinions differ 

One thing to have a different opinion, but without personally knowing me and then calling me a t**t... I haven't sworn at anyone on here, I've voiced my opinion about this farce, as individuals outside of football I have no issues with, but linked to football I think the saying is "ass from their elbow", and for that reason they should be embarrassed. Arrogant and obnoxious is when individuals know my name but think they're being funny to call me, "James". If only I'd been good enough to play for St Stephen's eh? So Brian,I'm deciding to end this discussion. I wish everyone a good season next Yr enjoy the summer, goodnight Brian enjoy your horlicks. 

4 hours ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Shit happens

Best post yet. 

42 minutes ago, Goals said:

Give it a rest Brian. Do some research into Justin Norman and then come back. 

Goals x

I've no idea who you are Goals but if I was Justin I'd be a tad embarrassed now about you kissing his ass every ten minutes - He's a big boy now - he can stand up for himself

PS - I did Google him but ........................

2 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

I've no idea who you are Goals but if I was Justin I'd be a tad embarrassed now about you kissing his ass every ten minutes - He's a big boy now - he can stand up for himself

PS - I did Google him but ........................

Thanks Brian, you probably spelt his name wrong judging on most previous posts. 

Goals x

31 minutes ago, Justin norman said:

One thing to have a different opinion, but without personally knowing me and then calling me a t**t... I haven't sworn at anyone on here, I've voiced my opinion about this farce, as individuals outside of football I have no issues with, but linked to football I think the saying is "ass from their elbow", and for that reason they should be embarrassed. Arrogant and obnoxious is when individuals know my name but think they're being funny to call me, "James". If only I'd been good enough to play for St Stephen's eh? So Brian,I'm deciding to end this discussion. I wish everyone a good season next Yr enjoy the summer, goodnight Brian enjoy your horlicks. 

Apologies Justin - no offence meant but your comments were rather condescending

We don't know each other ( I'd say I'm at least twice your age ) but I've seen you play more than once - good player no doubt - far better than I ever was but there's no need to belittle opponents imho

I really have no axe to grind with yourself or Torpoint - I've enjoyed some great games against them and met some great people there

Oh - And I really have nothing to do with St Stephens

Don't like Horlicks mate but goodnight to you too and good luck for next season and beyond

2 minutes ago, Goals said:

Thanks Brian, you probably spelt his name wrong judging on most previous posts. 

Goals x

Well - I spelt it exactly the same way that he has in his header

Like Duh

3 hours ago, rob brown said:

Is this the rob brown that was "true blue browner " that jumped ship from liskard wen as a club they wer having a bad time & the same rob brown who couldn't cut it at st Dennis years ago as your balls wer like dumplings ?????

Rich(Columbia) don't slate st stephen as I'm fairly sure most of the crap is from people trying to manipulate the situation as they'd have no reason to get overly involved with this as it has no effect on them & if or if not they take promotion.This is a very unfortunate situation but there seems to be plenty of people jumping on board just to cause issues.Hope it's a good day tomorrow with the four teams playing put on a good 'honest 'performance for the expected large crowd ??

44 minutes ago, 8 quid said:

Is this the rob brown that was "true blue browner " that jumped ship from liskard wen as a club they wer having a bad time & the same rob brown who couldn't cut it at st Dennis years ago as your balls wer like dumplings ?????

you are a muppet. end of! probably dont even play the game. sad excuse and dont really need to be on here

1 hour ago, 8 quid said:

Rich(Columbia) don't slate st stephen as I'm fairly sure most of the crap is from people trying to manipulate the situation as they'd have no reason to get overly involved with this as it has no effect on them & if or if not they take promotion.This is a very unfortunate situation but there seems to be plenty of people jumping on board just to cause issues.Hope it's a good day tomorrow with the four teams playing put on a good 'honest 'performance for the expected large crowd ??

So StarMan is nothing to do with St Stephens then? Nor Fat Ronaldo or the other muppets?  Allow me to be candid. I have little time for the Duchy Leage and they have made a mistake here. Despite that I recognise the tremendous amount of work the Committee members have put in for very many years. As such I have not allowed my personal antipathy become insults or unfounded criticism. 

I hope that the Duchy will learn and move on. I trust the rest of you will do the same. If the Duchy should fold I trust some of the half-witted on here will reflect on their part in this outcome 

14 hours ago, MattP said:

Totally agree great point. Without these great league officials we wouldn’t have a Saturday game to look forward to. 

We have all been on the end of the “shitty stick” one way or another in Football and we dust ourselves off and go again