Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Knock Out Cup Semi Final tonight (Wed)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Goals said:

Foxhole must feel relieved not having to face the most inform team in duchy football On sunday now after the 7-0 thumping last week, st mawgan to win 5-0. 

Goals x

And your not involved with torpoint much,you beat foxhole wen they started with 10 @ went down to 9 & awarded 6 points due to two teams unable to field a side ?,come to the final & watch two teams that have gotten to the final within the rules of the league,good luck foxhole & st mawgan 

1 hour ago, 8 quid said:

Rule was in place last season & it's the clubs responsibility to check player eligibility,Curtis Damerell wasn't eligible to play end of & all the moaning & groaning ain't gonna change the fact that torpoint have been unfortunately but correctly removed from the competition 

when a team asks a league if a player is legal and they say yes..... the team in question cannot be kicked out. we live in a diplomacy not russia! sort it out today because the final is on sunday

6 minutes ago, FatRonaldo said:

They did and deal with it, sit back and watch the final with two teams that play football, as a loyal st Stephens fan Im happy with St Mawgan and foxhole being in the final. To local teams. Who don’t cheat.

Unfortunately that isn’t quite true fat Ron. St Stephens have been caught out numerous amount of times for playing senior players. St mawgen are a very good side and will run riot over foxhole but torpoint should remain in the final and will fancy themselves to win. 

Goals x

Torpoint attempted to submit a squad of 16, to which there were 4 players deemed ineligible to play under the rules (signed on too late) and so, submitted a squad of 12 which was deemed to be a legal squad. (This included damerell so there being a fault on the league, not torpoint as they had been told damerell was eligible to play in black and white).

On the day of the semi, Bartolini was available to play and so he joined the squad as a sub. (Bartolini had signed on pre Oct 31st and has not played for another club this season- making him eligible under the rules already pictured in this feed).

Damerell was ineligible but unbeknown to torpoint due to a mistake of the league. Bartolini, in accordance to the stated rule, is eligible to be named and notified to the ref as a sub. 

This is why Torpoint are getting frustrated 1. Because they have apparently breached rules but cannot possibly see how/why. 2. Because this final is less than 2 days away and torpoint (should they be found the innocent party), st mawgan (should they be awarded the result) and foxhall (should they even face a game) can not prepare for a cup final under these ongoing circumstances

1 minute ago, skip said:

Torpoint attempted to submit a squad of 16, to which there were 4 players deemed ineligible to play under the rules (signed on too late) and so, submitted a squad of 12 which was deemed to be a legal squad. (This included damerell so there being a fault on the league, not torpoint as they had been told damerell was eligible to play in black and white).

On the day of the semi, Bartolini was available to play and so he joined the squad as a sub. (Bartolini had signed on pre Oct 31st and has not played for another club this season- making him eligible under the rules already pictured in this feed).

Damerell was ineligible but unbeknown to torpoint due to a mistake of the league. Bartolini, in accordance to the stated rule, is eligible to be named and notified to the ref as a sub. 

This is why Torpoint are getting frustrated 1. Because they have apparently breached rules but cannot possibly see how/why. 2. Because this final is less than 2 days away and torpoint (should they be found the innocent party), st mawgan (should they be awarded the result) and foxhall (should they even face a game) can not prepare for a cup final under these ongoing circumstances

Either way a decision needs to be made as a matter of priority to allow sufficient preparation for whichever two clubs it is that are awarded finalists 

11 minutes ago, Goals said:

Unfortunately that isn’t quite true fat Ron. St Stephens have been caught out numerous amount of times for playing senior players. St mawgen are a very good side and will run riot over foxhole but torpoint should remain in the final and will fancy themselves to win. 

Goals x

There's  a difference between using eligible senior players & ineligible senior players as in accordance with duchy league rules 

On 25/05/2018 at 13:08, Paul Collings said:

On behalf of the Duchy League I would like to confirm that Torpoint Athletic fielded two players in Wednesday’s Knock Out Cup Semi Final who were ineligible under Cup Rules.

One of those players, C Damerell, was incorrectly sanctioned to play by the League for which the League is deeply apologetic. However the second ineligible player, C Bartolini, was not sanctioned to play and therefore Torpoint Athletic are unfortunately in breach of the Rule.

As a consequence, Torpoint Athletic have been removed from the competition and St Mawgan have been re-instated to play in the Final on Sunday.

Paul Collings Duchy League Vice Chairman

This is a farce! You have said that damerell is ok as the league made a mistake, you have then said that bartolini is not allowed to play (which is incorrect as he is eligible under the rules having signed at the start of the season and not playing for any other clubs). There is also no rule about naming subs in advance by the way, you should know as you help keep the rules.

There is nothing wrong with saying look sorry we made an error but others shouldnt have to be made to dip out due to it. Sorry to all those involved etc

there are some players and 'fans' at St Stephen that have fake profiles or just come on here to cause nonsense.

So St Stephen Res get to the final of the duchy league cup, they post a team for semi and get told yep thats fine.... then 2 days before the final get told oh actually chaps we made a mistake and youre out of the cup. Thats exactly the same!

I suggest you take yourself (8 quid) and but fat ronaldo a KFC. Thats the only good use i can think for 8 quid if i'm honest. Make sure you get a diet coke mind for heavens sake

like I said previously, if the league have made a mistake and granted permission for a player to play who was ineligible  ( who plays mainly for the 1st team and scored a goal in the game) how on earth is that fair on st mawgan? you can't say as a matter of fairness that torpoint should go through to the final. if the mistake has been made surely st mawgan have the right to play their semi final against a team with eligible players only? can't see any other fair way around this from the info presented here (if all is correct!)

I'm afraid this is an example of a rule, no doubt introduced and agreed by member clubs with the best of intentions, that has proved both unnecessarily complicated and completely illogical. How can it be right that a player who has played, say, 180 minutes over 2 matches be deemed ineligible for a semi-final, while a player who has played a total of three minutes spread over three separate matches be eligible? Or a player who has, say, played in two early rounds not suddenly be eligible for a semi for the same team in the same competition?!

I'll repeat what I've said previously - it'd be much easier, fairer and more transparent if ALL eligibility rules were abolished (except the one relating to being cup-tied) and teams could play who they liked as long as they were signed on.

46 minutes ago, Cornishfootball said:

there are some players and 'fans' at St Stephen that have fake profiles or just come on here to cause nonsense.

So St Stephen Res get to the final of the duchy league cup, they post a team for semi and get told yep thats fine.... then 2 days before the final get told oh actually chaps we made a mistake and youre out of the cup. Thats exactly the same!

I suggest you take yourself (8 quid) and but fat ronaldo a KFC. Thats the only good use i can think for 8 quid if i'm honest. Make sure you get a diet coke mind for heavens sake

Ladies & gentlemen hold on tight to your rods I repeat hold on tight to your rods as we definitely have a bit & a big one at that ?

1 minute ago, FatRonaldo said:

I’d be embarrassed being torpoint needing a peninsula player to drop down 3/4 leagues to play against a honest village team.

you cheated deal with it.

??

how did they cheat when they submitted the team from what’s been said and the league said it’s fine?

Your telling me st mawgan lost because of one player torpoint played ?? 

5 minutes ago, FatRonaldo said:

I’d be embarrassed being torpoint needing a peninsula player to drop down 3/4 leagues to play against a honest village team.

Ive  just had a boneless banquet and it had more of a spine that Torpoint

boneless, dry and lacking taste. a bit like your comments on here fat ronaldo.

9 minutes ago, FatRonaldo said:

Very very rich coming from st Stephens, as previously stated.. they’ve been found out numerous amount of times for not following player rules during league and cup games. Why don’t they step up to east Cornwall next year after being the “best team around” very very lucky to have won what they have in my (neutral) opinion. 

Goals x

Junior cup winners league winners better then being a cheating team. Also how did the final defeat feel like, I was to busy celebrating the win no-one remembers the runners up or 2nd place team. We are in the history books as winner not losers as you fellas.

4 minutes ago, FatRonaldo said:

Junior cup winners league winners better then being a cheating team. Also how didn’t the final defeat feel like, I was to busy celebrating the win no-one remembers the runners up or 2nd place team. We are in the history books as winner not losers as you fellas.

You seem to think I’m a torpoint player/fan???  Congratulations on both titles... the league was there for anyone this year undoubtedly. If I do recall torpoint have a 2nd team (east Cornwall champions ) for the last god knows how many years? And a south west premier team? Plus a newly formed 4th team? At least st Stephens have a cricket pitch next to the “dog poo sodden” duchy prem pitch. 

Goals x

7 minutes ago, FatRonaldo said:

Junior cup winners league winners better then being a cheating team. Also how did the final defeat feel like, I was to busy celebrating the win no-one remembers the runners up or 2nd place team. We are in the history books as winner not losers as you fellas.

Tinpot club 

33 minutes ago, Darin Morse said:

I'm afraid this is an example of a rule, no doubt introduced and agreed by member clubs with the best of intentions, that has proved both unnecessarily complicated and completely illogical. How can it be right that a player who has played, say, 180 minutes over 2 matches be deemed ineligible for a semi-final, while a player who has played a total of three minutes spread over three separate matches be eligible? Or a player who has, say, played in two early rounds not suddenly be eligible for a semi for the same team in the same competition?!

I'll repeat what I've said previously - it'd be much easier, fairer and more transparent if ALL eligibility rules were abolished (except the one relating to being cup-tied) and teams could play who they liked as long as they were signed on.

Another needless rule that isn't used in Senior football... How more times will the Duchy committee make these types of changes?

20 minutes ago, FatRonaldo said:

I’ve been away from the duchy league for a while but it’s nice to see the players involved with st Stephens are still the same helemets they always were. Is it part of the criteria when you sign for a failing club?? 

25 minutes ago, FatRonaldo said:

Maybe should learn to win and lose with dignity. 

I would say that the one player who wasn't eligible ( but was told he could play) had a big say on the result having scored the first and having a hand in the third.  to say that st mawgan should be embarrassed to play in the final sums up many posts unfortunately across this website these days. I've put my views forward and hope all is sorted out soon, for the fairness of all involved.

Well I'm nothing to do with St Stephens or any other Duchy League  Club but it's hard to feel sympathy for Torpoint

They've used this " One Club One Team " ethos for years, fielding first team players in second team fixtures and second teamers in third team games

Yes it's within the rules, yes they're all one club but in the spirit of the game it stinks 

God knows how many cups and leagues they've secured over the years by adopting these tactics

Well this time boys you got it wrong

Take it on the chin and move on

9 minutes ago, rob brown said:

I’ve been away from the duchy league for a while but it’s nice to see the players involved with st Stephens are still the same helemets they always were. Is it part of the criteria when you sign for a failing club?? 

From what I’ve seen today, these so called super stars will never achieve more than duchy status rob.. small club mentality I’m afraid. 

Goals x

46 minutes ago, FatRonaldo said:

I take it St Stephens don't help their reserve side or vice versa from time to time. Torpoint Athletic support all 4 sides.

3 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Well I'm nothing to do with St Stephens or any other Duchy League  Club but it's hard to feel sympathy for Torpoint

They've used this " One Club One Team " ethos for years, fielding first team players in second team fixtures and second teamers in third team games

Yes it's within the rules, yes they're all one club but in the spirit of the game it stinks 

God knows how many cups and leagues they've secured over the years by adopting these tactics

Cheers Brian, st Stephens busy this time of year? 

Goals x

1 minute ago, Brianmooreshead said:

So which bitter club are you associated with? What you dont seem to understand is that it flows both ways and when the first team come calling the seconds lose out which in turn means the duchy side loses out. You seem to forget that when you cant be a gracious loser 

1 minute ago, Big number four said:

So which bitter club are you associated with? What you dont seem to understand is that it flows both ways and when the first team come calling the seconds lose out which in turn means the duchy side loses out. You seem to forget that when you cant be a gracious loser 

I'm not associated with any club - I'm an old man with a long memory

1 minute ago, Goals said:

Sorry Brian, was that for me? 

Goals x

Well - You asked the question

3 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

And it’s cost us cups as well, knocked out second round of the Swazz cup when the first team took 5/6 of the second team. Fielding 3 duchy lads. Going to games with a bare 11 as a ECPL team, no manager on the bench as both playing. But that never gets mentioned. 

We are one club and we work as a club should, the fact that most sides don’t/can’t work like this is not our problem, and just a sign that those clubs are stuck, can’t progress because they can’t attract a better quality player. 

2 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

I'm not associated with any club - I'm an old man with a long memory

Well - You asked the question

If your not associated with a club or support a club unfortunately you’re views are invalid. For most people’s sake and st Stephens “reputation” all be it not great it has to be said.. please refrain from posting on topics that don’t involve you. 

Goals x 

1 minute ago, Goals said:

If your not associated with a club or support a club unfortunately you’re views are invalid. For most people’s sake and st Stephens “reputation” all be it not great it has to be said.. please refrain from posting on topics that don’t involve you. 

Goals x 

I'd humbly suggest that my opinion is as valid as yours - You may feel that it's invalid but your argument doesn't really  bear scrutiny - I have no idea if St Stephens reputation is deserved or not.

I merely commented on my opinion of Torpoints policy of switching players between teams - I don't think it's particularly within the spirit of the game although it's clearly within the rules.

Rob Brown is clearly more capable than yourself  in  engaging in sensible discussion

On 25/05/2018 at 19:47, FatRonaldo said:

well done on your research, cup has been at Torpoint a few times in its history

4 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

I'd humbly suggest that my opinion is as valid as yours - You may feel that it's invalid but your argument doesn't really  bear scrutiny - I have no idea if St Stephens reputation is deserved or not.

I merely commented on my opinion of Torpoints policy of switching players between teams - I don't think it's particularly within the spirit of the game although it's clearly within the rules.

Rob Brown is clearly more capable than yourself  in  engaging in sensible discussion

Unfortunately you fall into the category of bitter teams against torpoint.. having played for numerous teams around the duchy most don’t like torpoint winning anything for reasons unknown. I’ve watched robin brown for years and he is more than capable of arguing for himself but his reasons are valid towards torpoint. Good luck to torpoint and foxhole on Sunday. Good luck to st Stephens in the east Cornwall (if they make ground regulations) 

goals x

4 minutes ago, rob brown said:

And it’s cost us cups as well, knocked out second round of the Swazz cup when the first team took 5/6 of the second team. Fielding 3 duchy lads. Going to games with a bare 11 as a ECPL team, no manager on the bench as both playing. But that never gets mentioned. 

We are one club and we work as a club should, the fact that most sides don’t/can’t work like this is not our problem, and just a sign that those clubs are stuck, can’t progress because they can’t attract a better quality player. 

Positives and negatives to having a club of teams. The negatives are rarely mentioned. I've lost players on Saturday mornings before big games, always the inform players to give them a chance of stepping up. Some never return and that's the positive/negative in one.

It's a bitter pill to swallow being removed, pending appeal, from the Cup. As of last week Torpoint would've gone without Damerell and there so called 'normal squad', only to be told no by the league. To be told you're ok to play then to have it taken after the victory is gutting.

I'm not going to lie and say Damerell didn't have an impact on the night. A player that started with the 3rds had a strong game before being removed by injury. With the strong performance of the other 11 on the night, I still believe we would've had enough.

This involves 2 teams and the league. Not those that hide behind a username. I applaud those that pledge loyalty to a side whether they're still playing or not.

16 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

What are you stupid ?

Read the first sentence

the 3rds only have 2 senior players max and all season have had none apart from when there is huge fixture congestion. Torpoint duchy cannot be promoted due to having a team in the ECPL so yet again a comment with no facts

Just now, Cornishfootball said:

the 3rds only have 2 senior players max and all season have had none apart from when there is huge fixture congestion. Torpoint duchy cannot be promoted due to having a team in the ECPL so yet again a comment with no facts

So everything written above about ineligible players is fiction is it ?

9 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

So everything written above about ineligible players is fiction is it ?

yes, for that one game the league made a mistake and the 2nd player (the one that said has cost us a place in the final) was fully eligible. it is utter rubbish and the league should come up with a solution thay doesnt penalise a team for the leagues mistake

They have kicked torpoint out for bartolino being illegal when he was a sub and was named legally. The rule states no later than 5 mins before KO, dont know why this is even being discussed as that rule is concrete

Just now, Cornishfootball said:

yes, for that one game the league made a mistake and the 2nd player (the one that said has cost us a place in the final) was fully eligible. it is utter rubbish and the league should come up with a solution thay doesnt penalise a team for the leagues mistake

And you see nothing untoward whatsoever about playing Southwestern league players against a village team then ?

Just now, Brianmooreshead said:

And you see nothing untoward whatsoever about playing Southwestern league players against a village team then ?

this isnt the subject matter, the point is that the league made a mistake and have admitted it. they have said the other player was the reason for the exclusion and that one was fine.

your point is a different one completely (and 1 player makes not much difference fyi)

Joe Stone and Lee Whetter, St Stephen through and through so much they play (or substitute) against Torpoint in the Junior Cup Final. Guess St Blazey didn’t have a game that day. 

At least Torpoint use within their club and not use ringers ?

6 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Village team ??. Come on, I thought we were having a grown up conversation. Starting to sound like Fat Ron (or one of the individuals named above).

1 minute ago, L.Gibbons said:

Village team ??. Come on, I thought we were having a grown up conversation. Starting to sound like Fat Ron (or one of the individuals named above).

Ignore him Gibbo. Stone and Whetter are just generic Sunday League village lads ?