Cornwall Football Forum

Popular Manager of Frogpool Cusgarne first team for 27 years,Nick Mallaber,announced at last evening's end of season Presentation Evening that he is standing down from his roles (he is also Chairman of the club) at the club's Annual General Meeting.His lovely wife Michelle is also standing down as Secretary,although both will remain on the Committee.

A very big loss to a welcoming village club and big shoes to fill.

Thank you Nigel and Steve for your kind words. It has been a very hard decision to make as Frogpool has been a large part of our life for a long time but recent years has made us evaluate things and we need to have time to ourselves now. We are getting older! As Nigel said we will remain on the committee and I will still be Treasurer(if they will have me) but thankfully we have built a strong committee of loyal, dedicated club people so hopefully the club will continue to grow. Its not the end but hopefully a new beginning??

?very sad day this really has brought a tear to my eye . Have known both Nick & Michelle for years & enjoyed my short playing spell with Nick , have never come across a more honest Gentlemen in the game & more to suit the kindest always very charming Michelle ( it’s the kiss as well I receive?) perhaps the Cornwall Fa would honour these  two wonderful people for there dedication & immense work for 27 years. On all the occasions we met each other in so called battle I could never once find a bad word to say to him . And every season it was never to much trouble to entertain us pre season wherever I was a manager.  Only one regret is that he never stepped up to another level I know just where he could of gone?. Wonderful human beings love to you both .

From a personal point of view, really sad news that I’m very sorry to hear. But I completely agree with everything that everyone has already said. Two of the nicest people you will ever meet who have given everything to the club they love. They have more than earned some more time away from the game. They’re not truly leaving though, and I don’t think they ever will.

The club will work out the best steps to take at the AGM. I think we all want a little break before thinking about next season.

43 minutes ago, Tempo said:

From a personal point of view, really sad news that I’m very sorry to hear. But I completely agree with everything that everyone has already said. Two of the nicest people you will ever meet who have given everything to the club they love. They have more than earned some more time away from the game. They’re not truly leaving though, and I don’t think they ever will.

The club will work out the best steps to take at the AGM. I think we all want a little break before thinking about next season.

Congrats tempo ??as well

Well what sad news this was to hear today. As already stated by many a fabulous couple who certainly put their heart and soul into the club at Frogpool. And I agree both your 27 years hard work should be recognised by the Cornwall FA. 

All the best to you both ?

Fergie, Wenger, now Nick!!! Bout 75 years service to one club between them!! Had the pleasure of playing for Nick for a couple of seasons after I stepped down from senior football. Enjoyed it every bit as much and had some great times! Echo all that’s been said by the lads, be surprised if we ever see the like of Nick and Michelle again to be honest. Lovely people, put in thousands of hours for the Frogs, unbelievable commitment!! Reckon we should all chip in and build a statue of them both just inside the gate at the Richard Jory Fields! ?️ Absolute legends, hope you enjoy the rest on a Saturday Nick and Michelle, no one deserves it more ?????  Hope the Cornwall FA does a little something in recognition for two great people x

I’m still waiting patiently Sticker!!! There was talk of something at the end of last season but I know they are busy people at the County FA!! I did get an invite to last seasons Senior Cup final at Helston and the tea and choccy biscuits went down well ? I had 52 games for Cornwall over the years but there were no caps back then so I was secretly hoping for a Cornwall cap with maybe 2000 on it!?! ? Alas I live in hope! ?️ Superb from Nick and Michelle, all that loyalty to one club over 3 decades is amazing ???❤️?

Thank you Marksy. Been a pleasure to know you, to have had you play for us and most importantly to have finally been bought a cup of coffee from you this season after many years of me making one for you! Loved the regret comment..lol....you actually made Nick very happy but his heart was and always will  be at Frogpool. Love to you too. Im sure we will meet again. You never know, you might buy us another coffee.

Thanks Peggy(Adam). for your kind words. We are not going completely so we will ensure a smooth handover.

Thanks also Damo. His mind wasn't totally made up when you had a conversation hence why he didn't say anything. Yes its amazing how much he knows , if only the same could be said about using the cooker! lol.  Im sure you will see him on the sidelines somewhere. x

Thanks EJ. It was a  pleasure to have  had your company at the club for a few years. 

Thanks Sticker forever. Would be amazing if we could work out how many hours!

Thanks Phil. Looking forward to the break now.

️ Thanks Mark. Lovely words and lovely for Nick to be compared to Fergie and Wenger...if only he had their money! We were very honored when you played for us and Nick still speaks fondly of you and includes you in his roll of  top players who have played at Frogpool. He even tells of how he got you, a player of great standard,  to pack away the dirty kit after the game! Not sure about the statue...can you imagine it...lol. 

On 21/05/2018 at 14:11, RAPPO said:

I’m still waiting patiently Sticker!!! There was talk of something at the end of last season but I know they are busy people at the County FA!! I did get an invite to last seasons Senior Cup final at Helston and the tea and choccy biscuits went down well ? I had 52 games for Cornwall over the years but there were no caps back then so I was secretly hoping for a Cornwall cap with maybe 2000 on it!?! ? Alas I live in hope! ?️ Superb from Nick and Michelle, all that loyalty to one club over 3 decades is amazing ???❤️?

Rappo you did get the best personalised shirt ever though 2000+

Well done Nick & Michelle volunteers like you are tough to find or replace!

I would like to thank both of them for all the effort the pair put into the club and for asking me to play for them . It’s been a pleasure and a privilege to have played for two people who put so much in for so little  in return. In an age where it’s win at all cost . I shall miss the last minute phone calls asking if I’m on my way at 2:10 as I’m always last to arrive. Again thank you nick and Michelle