Cornwall Football Forum

Vets KO Cup Final / Div 1 20th May

Well done to Callington, they were a quality side. Grampound were at bare bones, with a make shift bare 11 & were down to 9 fit players by the 20 minute mark due to injuries. It was 2-0 at the break but Callington scored early in the 2nd half & added to their total throughout before eventually getting the all important 7th goal with 10 minutes remaining & getting an 8th late on. It could have been a bigger margin of victory had it not been for some superb defensive blocks & a string of fine saves from Grampound stalwart Tony Ford in goal.

I thought that Lee Beer played well in midfield for them always finding space & Fergus Nevin was influential throughout, scoring twice & getting a few assists from his superb delivery. He doesn’t appear to be on their team sheet though so they must have made a mistake when entering their team as they’ve also credited his goals to someone else.

14 hours ago, Woodmanaldo said:

I thought that Lee Beer played well in midfield for them always finding space & Fergus Nevin was influential throughout, scoring twice & getting a few assists from his superb delivery. He doesn’t appear to be on their team sheet though so they must have made a mistake when entering their team as they’ve also credited his goals to someone else.

Very polite way of putting it! ?? 

22 hours ago, Jimmyruff said:

What. A. Farce. 

Not helpful at the end of a long, tiring, frustrating season. 

I`m sure that if there is a problem, the league will look into it and sort. If they have information they can act, if someone has made a mistake they should admit to it, if people start to make assumptions and statements they need to be sure about what they are stating.

Enjoy the sun !!

MQx