Cornwall Football Forum

CHANGE OF MIND!

FROM THE TRURO CITY WEBSITE . . . . .  .

Mr. Philip Perryman to remain for another season as two serious expressions of interest received...

WE ARE delighted to be able to announce that Mr. Philip Perryman has decided to continue financially supporting the club for the next season.

The 2017/18 campaign was set to be his last in control alongside Mr. Peter Masters, however, his involvement with the club will be extended for a further 12 months.

We can also confirm that we have received two serious expressions of interest in purchasing the club.

One of the interested parties would be looking to take a 50% stake, whilst the other party is looking to take 100%. We are now going through a period of due diligence with the interested parties.

We are still hopeful that a deal can be reached by the start of the new season.

Details regarding season-ticket prices for 2018/19 will be announced shortly...

But they’ll have something to sell at the end. I don’t get what you’re buying when you’re buying Truro City. No ground, no club house, no assets, do they own the players? 

Its not a dig at them. It’s a genuine question over what you’re buying.  

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

Ah yeah. Forgot about the £2m. So that’s the only asset they’re buying. 

Many a football club has been bought for a pound, that's 1million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand pound profit, might put in an offer myself, two quid sounds like a good deal. :smiley20:

13 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

They will be buy a share of the S4C which will have a monetary value. Remember the developers have paid off Mr Masters and his partner plus gave them over £2M towards the stadium so that £2M is now a club asset.

That's not correct. S4C freehold will be wholly owned by the Prates.  TCFC will just pay an annual rent of £18K.  Helical paid £2M to Cornwall Council to be held in trust as a payment on Truro City's behalf towards either the S4C or an alternative permanent location.   In addition to this Helical paid £2M+ (I think it was about £2.6M) into TCFC club accounts from which the owners repaid themselves all the money they had put into the club in the form of Directors Loans.  There is very little cash left over and from looking at the published accounts the club seems to make a £250K annual operating loss.  All in all, not a great business proposition unless, as rumoured, the Pirates are to buy TCFC and manage (against what will surely be strong Cornwall FA opposition) to rebrand the club as the Cornish Tigers. 

34 minutes ago, Never-Pay-Never said:

All in all, not a great business proposition unless, as rumoured, the Pirates are to buy TCFC and manage (against what will surely be strong Cornwall FA opposition) to rebrand the club as the Cornish Tigers. 

Should this happen and heaven forbid the name be changed, will that be the opportunity for a new football club to be formed in Truro?

10 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Many a football club has been bought for a pound, that's 1million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand pound profit, might put in an offer myself, two quid sounds like a good deal. :smiley20:

Not if the club has massive debts. Buy the club for £1 and yes you own the club and have to sort out the problems that are already there. Debts etc.

12 hours ago, stevieb said:

What a mess !  You have to have some sympathy for the Truro  fans  how much more do they have to put up with ??  The soap opera that is TCFC rolls on !?

Thanks for your concern stevieb but no need to be sympathic, most of the City fans that I know are quite excited about what lies in the future ok we have lost our ground but hey ho we have to look forward and its promising to hear that there are interested parties willing to take over our club although I do agree it is a bit like a soap opera. Anyone remember Peyton Place.

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Come on ray ! I cant believe any supporter would be happy about a name change to cornish tigers .youve already lost your traditional red and black home strip .what next sheffield wednesday changing there name to the yorkshire owls ??

It's happened in local Rugby - Penzance RFC became Penzance and Newlyn RFC and then Cornish Pirates. Stadium names have also changed. Look forward, not back!

8 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yup ,I'd start thinking about Malpas Marauders, that's more plausible / possible than no ground Tigers.

Lovely day Older. Take a day off from being miserable. Although I suppose you've got a persona to keep up. Have a nice day at Meldrew Towers!

15 hours ago, mattelot said:

Come on ray ! I cant believe any supporter would be happy about a name change to cornish tigers .youve already lost your traditional red and black home strip .what next sheffield wednesday changing there name to the yorkshire owls ??

Times have changed unfortunately Nige and not necessarily for the better, my wish would be if we ever did become the Corish Tigers that we could have a reserve team playing in a Cornish league wearing red and black stripes but unless I win the lottery I guess it will never happen. :c:

32 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

The last thing people would want is the heart and soul ripped out of the club. If a takeover ever took place and a name change was in mind, they should at least consult supporters first.

To late.

The heart and soul has already been ripped out of Truro City.

When was the last time Masters consulted the supporters for any of his decisions.

Im praying Pirates,do buy TCFC.

Things could only get better.

I remember being shouted down at one of the early infrastructure meetings with PM after I mooted for a rebrand as the Cornish Tigers. Call me naive but if we are playing at this level or higher in the Stadium for Cornwall in two years time and are called CornishTigers and play in yellow and black I would be over-joyed. I will also get myself across to see Penzance and Newlyn RFC - sorry, Cornish Pirates, on a regular basis. I don't believe that the heart and soul have been ripped out of Truro City; we may have to evolve and get used to changes ahead, but when you consider where we were at the end of the Heaney era ...... Cornwall deserves the best in both codes. I couldn't believe how many local Cornish folk were against the SfC.

Truro represent Truro, Bodmin represent Bodmin, Penzance represents Penzance. None represent Cornwall in my opinion. If whatever a club chooses to do they should do it for themselves and the community they’re in. Not for Cornwall. It’s highly unlikely someone from bude or boscastle is going to benefit in any way of Truro’s successs. Or mouseholes potential future success. 

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

Truro represent Truro, Bodmin represent Bodmin, Penzance represents Penzance. None represent Cornwall in my opinion. If whatever a club chooses to do they should do it for themselves and the community they’re in. Not for Cornwall. It’s highly unlikely someone from bude or boscastle is going to benefit in any way of Truro’s successs. Or mouseholes potential future success. 

So taking your logic Darren, (your no Saint!), when Truro got to the Vase Final nobody thought it was a good day for Cornwall.

6 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

So taking your logic Darren, (your no Saint!), when Truro got to the Vase Final nobody thought it was a good day for Cornwall.

Did nothing for me! That’s my opinion! 

Truro City had a massive opportunity to get loads involved in the club and do loads for the community. But they chose not to! That’s my main gripe with it. No reserves, no ladies, no youth team! How is that meant to encourage people to get involved with the club. Most of those there now and clingers on who weren’t there prior to Heaney. 

I couldn’t give two shites about Truro City. Best of luck to them but I’ll never support them. 

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

Truro City had a massive opportunity to get loads involved in the club and do loads for the community. But they chose not to! That’s my main gripe with it. No reserves, no ladies, no youth team! How is that meant to encourage people to get involved with the club. Most of those there now and clingers on who weren’t there prior to Heaney. 

I couldn’t give two shites about Truro City. Best of luck to them but I’ll never support them. 

Exactly the same thing happened when Truro went to Charlton.

Around a 1000 attended that game,where were they, at the next home game.

Glory hunters.

When you get support like that,the object of the exercise, is try to get as many of them ,to come to more games .

As St Darren says TCFC have'nt a clue when it comes to things ,like that.

On 21/05/2018 at 21:10, CornishRhino said:

What concerns me is that I was told this season that Pirates had a real lack of money. Again, only what I was told. Otherwise I'd be happy with them taking over Truro City.

A few things dont quite add up.

If as you say Pirates are struggling financially,where have the rumours,of them buying TCFC,come from.?

Another thing thats make no sense.

Why have Masters persuaded Mr Perryman to remain another season,as co owner,when he apparently has offers of a 50% and a 100% investment of the Club.?

Or is this just more bu££shyte.

3 hours ago, St Darren said:

I'm sure you mentioned about the reserve team, the ladies team and the youth team before but, as now, you did not give us your costings of how it would be financed. You don't give two shites about Truro City, but you can't stop posting about them!!!!!! Why? Seems to me that you've got a fixation about TCFC.

8 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

I'm sure you mentioned about the reserve team, the ladies team and the youth team before but, as now, you did not give us your costings of how it would be financed. You don't give two shites about Truro City, but you can't stop posting about them!!!!!! Why? Seems to me that you've got a fixation about TCFC.

There would be costing but that would be investment to involve the community wouldn’t it?

im sorry that I have flouted your rules on reasons to post on this forum

8 hours ago, St Darren said:

There would be costing but that would be investment to involve the community wouldn’t it?

im sorry that I have flouted your rules on reasons to post on this forum

Investment by whom? You know that I did not say anything about rules about postings, I just find it strange that you post so much about a club that you detest.

25 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Investment by whom? You know that I did not say anything about rules about postings, I just find it strange that you post so much about a club that you detest.

Show me a post where I have said I detest them! I don’t detest any local club. I don’t agree with the morals in which the club have taken over the last 13 years or so. 

If the club was run correctly and involved the community then the reserves, youth, ladies would have been an investment in the club to get people involved and bring more in. 

The club have completely alienated people who could have been involved and then they come out with things about doing it for Cornwall. 

13 hours ago, St Darren said:

If the club was run correctly and involved the community then the reserves, youth, ladies would have been an investment in the club to get people involved and bring more in. 

You haven't said where the money is coming from to do this. If you given the task to set up a reserve team, a ladies team and boys and girls teams across all ages how would you finance it season after season, bearing in mind the massive cost of running a team in National League South and the awful financial position the club was in just a few seasons ago.

4 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

You haven't said where the money is coming from to do this. If you given the task to set up a reserve team, a ladies team and boys and girls teams across all ages how would you finance it season after season, bearing in mind the massive cost of running a team in National League South and the awful financial position the club was in just a few seasons ago.

The same as a club like Holmans or st Agnes do. Get the teams in, this gets numbers in through the gate. Maybe open the bar as a form of income. Genius ideas!

you could also apply for grants, but I doubt they’d know anything about that ( to be fair though, I’m unsure at what level grants stop getting handed out ). 

The monie for entering these leagues is insignificant to the amount that is currently spent out, but the club would then be including others

41 minutes ago, St Darren said:

The same as a club like Holmans or st Agnes do. Get the teams in, this gets numbers in through the gate. Maybe open the bar as a form of income. Genius ideas!

you could also apply for grants, but I doubt they’d know anything about that ( to be fair though, I’m unsure at what level grants stop getting handed out ). 

The monie for entering these leagues is insignificant to the amount that is currently spent out, but the club would then be including others

Ah Utopia! I look forward to many other cornish clubs doing all this whilst running a side in the National League. Darren your in the wrong job, you could make a fortune going into troubled football clubs all over the country and turning them around.

16 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Ah Utopia! I look forward to many other cornish clubs doing all this whilst running a side in the National League. Darren your in the wrong job, you could make a fortune going into troubled football clubs all over the country and turning them around.

You’re an idiot. I haven’t said about turning them around. I said about involving the local community. And the things I said are all things that could be done that would encourage more engagement  

By the way. Would you invest in Truro City

im also still awaiting for you to find where I said I detest Truro City 

As a Falmouth Town Fan I am having trouble summoning up any sympathy for Truro's plight. There is a reason why other Cornish clubs (such AS Falmouth) haven't tried to climb the Football ladder and that is because it is UNSUSTAINABLE!! You clearly are not going to be able to afford to remain at this level given the support you get and I am afraid you are only putting off the inevitable.  You will be down grubbing around with the rest of us in a few years once all your assets have finally been stripped.  This is a pity as from a football point of view you have done really well.

(I still wouldn't cross the road to watch you though!!!)

Truro City attendances have shown an increase of 16.67% this season, a continued upward trend could brighten the light at the end of the tunnel.

As for other teams bearing the club name, gone are the days players are willing to pay subs for the honour to be a playing member of their local club, up country that practise still occurs with quite a number of clubs competing at a level 5. Most professional clubs have done away with their reserve teams, many have done away with their academies, they find them an expensive luxury because in many cases after spending years developing them bigger clubs come in and snatch them away.