Cornwall Football Forum

TRURO LOSE AGAIN!!

TRURO LOSE AGAIN!!

Dawlish Town 5 Truro City 2

Gate 328

I have checked the Western League web site and there is no mistake.

This is getting serious

Top gate of 735 was at the Bideford v Barnstaple Town match which Bideford won 3-1

No mistake, I'm afraid! That's some serious anal suffering, and no question. However, nothing is over because of this one match, and now it will be easier to believe all those things we've been telling ourselves about the next step being harder. It'll be test of character for the squad and the fans -- time to rise to the challenge.

UP THE CITY

Excuse me..!!

I don't think we have been shouting it off as you suggest -

I was the first to congratulate Corsham on getting their game plan and tactics right in the home defeat of City.

We have no right to win every match - and we do not have the expectation that we will win every match -

Truro's season is currently going through a little 'blip' - it is the way the Team/Club responds to the 'blip' that is important.

I see the long arm of coincidence here. The Corsham defeat: a blip. Play them nine more times, Truro most probably wouldn't lose again. Dawlish? Well, coincidence that it was the next game after Corsham; coincidence that Dawlish fielded a striker Truro tried hard to sign. He'd hardly be the opposite of fired up for the game, would he! Coincidence that Truro suffered some injury problems during the game. Football does that from time to time. I trust Dave Leonard, Glyn Hooper, Kevin Heaney and Chris Webb aren't panicking. As one writer above asks, where are Truro in the league right now? This Saturday will certainly be interesting but with a strong side out I don't see a problem. And as for the comment above about "Southern League" - Truro came close to beating Bath and, okay, it was a bit like a cup final for them but it showed the standard they can produce. Interesting times ahead!

Thank you, Tom, for not getting up to dance on Truro's grave. I don't know what this "they all go quiet" business is about, but it's hardly the Beginning of the End or anything. All we can do is shrug our shoulders and hope it goes better next time -- and as Mr. Trust points out, City have the goods to see that it does.

Anita,

The Dawlish game was away, Robin (usually reports) would hardly be home from the match in 3 hours.

I am sure those connected with most clubs have family duties to attend to at this time of the year.

This week many websites have shut down for the holiday period.

THE TRURO CITY FANS FORUM IS STILL AS BUSY AS EVER - HARDLY BURYING THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND.

We're NOT Brazil, we're Truro City,

We only play that way. :yahoo: :yahoo: