Cornwall Football Forum

How many going down from Combo?

With Illogan firsts dropping down to Combination league, will it be two teams plus Illogan going down to Trelawny Prem or will it be Illogan plus one team?

Think this needs clarifying so teams at bottom know what they need to retain status in league. ?

15 hours ago, Fish said:

With Illogan firsts dropping down to Combination league, will it be two teams plus Illogan going down to Trelawny Prem or will it be Illogan plus one team?

Think this needs clarifying so teams at bottom know what they need to retain status in league. ?

'Know what they need'....? Surly every team goes into every game to win, therefore just keep doing what they're doing and if they win they win? Can't really do much more than that can they? Unless....and it's a naughty unless....! 

Last game of The season is Holmans v RNAS Culdrose, say Holmans pick up a few points with their games in hand over redruth utd, RNAS Culdrose do but stay in the bottom two but Holmans just, just creep out of it....could Holmans load up with a ton of higher league players to ensure Culdrose don't get the win the require? Knowing if they (Holmans) win even with the ineligible players they simply will not get the 3points nor will Culdrose? I believe in the past opposing teams haven't received the 3 points when being on the receiving end of an ineligible player in this league?

13 hours ago, Alf said:

Two plus illogan

As per the rules.

Full time as far as I think is incorrect.

Holmans and Culdrose should be both sitting on 18 points with Redruth on 24. Holmans played 35, Culdrose 30, Redruth 35.

Full time has Holmans on 21. This comes from the game on 23rd September. Holmans played at home to Illogan. Illogan won 4-3. It was later found out Illogan played an ineligible player so were docked the three points. Full time then classed it as a home win for Holmans which it isn't as that would mean Holmans would get the three points. That is why full-time has them on 21 points instead of 18 as they should not get the points from that game. 

Perranporth's points total and games played has been corrected on full-time as Illogan did not fulfill a fixture there. It had been banged in twice by mistake. So top of the table is now correct. That fixture should be marked as a 0-0, so Perranporth's record says Pl 35, W27, D5, L3, PO 88 (27X3 plus 4 from draws plus 3 from the 0-0 draw)

Holmans should read Pl 33, W5, D3, L25 PO 18 (not as full-time has it 6-3-24)

Illogan's should read PL34, W12, D7, L15 PO 36 (one of the draws is the 0-0 defeat from the Perranporth game. So 12x3 + 6 draws minus 3 for playing ineligible player, minus 3 for failing to fulfil the Perranporth fixture = 36) 

17 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

As per the rules.

Full time as far as I think is incorrect.

Holmans and Culdrose should be both sitting on 18 points with Redruth on 24. Holmans played 35, Culdrose 30, Redruth 35.

Full time has Holmans on 21. This comes from the game on 23rd September. Holmans played at home to Illogan. Illogan won 4-3. It was later found out Illogan played an ineligible player so were docked the three points. Full time then classed it as a home win for Holmans which it isn't as that would mean Holmans would get the three points. That is why full-time has them on 21 points instead of 18 as they should not get the points from that game. 

Perranporth's points total and games played has been corrected on full-time as Illogan did not fulfill a fixture there. It had been banged in twice by mistake. So top of the table is now correct. That fixture should be marked as a 0-0, so Perranporth's record says Pl 35, W27, D5, L3, PO 88 (27X3 plus 4 from draws plus 3 from the 0-0 draw)

Holmans should read Pl 33, W5, D3, L25 PO 18 (not as full-time has it 6-3-24)

Illogan's should read PL34, W12, D7, L15 PO 36 (one of the draws is the 0-0 defeat from the Perranporth game. So 12x3 + 6 draws minus 3 for playing ineligible player, minus 3 for failing to fulfil the Perranporth fixture = 36) 

Long message!!

so it is 2 plus Illogan going down?

2 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

This illustrates exactly why the rules or punishment need changing. Theoretically you could face opponents all season who played an ineligible player and end the season on 0 points despite having done nothing wrong yourself. As sijames pointed out earlier all kinds of exploits could be employed if a team wanted to prevent another from gaining points for whatever reason. 

Also I think you're getting confused with where the phantom 3 points came from. We weren't awarded them as a home win for that game but instead we were awarded an away win for the recent fixture vs Illogan at Oxland, this game was cancelled on the day and on the full time site it was down as an AW.

50 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Thats what the Rules say Fish.  Details are on the Peninsula part of the forum under the Illogan withdraw heading.

So 3 down and 2 up.......so 19 in Combo league next season??? So someone not playing every weekend? Or bringing another team up to make even numbers and a game every week???

6 minutes ago, a little bit of a dinho said:

This illustrates exactly why the rules or punishment need changing. Theoretically you could face opponents all season who played an ineligible player and end the season on 0 points despite having done nothing wrong yourself. As sijames pointed out earlier all kinds of exploits could be employed if a team wanted to prevent another from gaining points for whatever reason. 

Also I think you're getting confused with where the phantom 3 points came from. We weren't awarded them as a home win for that game but instead we were awarded an away win for the recent fixture vs Illogan at Oxland, this game was cancelled on the day and on the full time site it was down as an AW.

Where?

Illogan v Holmans 22nd May.

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/ListPublicFixture.do?selectedFixtureGroupKey=1_784742999&selectedRelatedFixtureOption=2&selectedClub=&selectedTeam=680023657&selectedFixtureDateStatus=&selectedFixtureStatus=&selectedDateCode=all&selectednavpage1=1&navPageNumber1=1&previousSelectedFixtureGroupKey=1_784742999&previousSelectedClub=&seasonID=973517516&selectedSeason=973517516

2 hours ago, Fish said:

So 3 down and 2 up.......so 19 in Combo league next season??? So someone not playing every weekend? Or bringing another team up to make even numbers and a game every week???

Illogan 1St team will be relegated from Swpl  and come into the combo so as you can't have two teams from the same  club in a league , the reserves will be automatically relegated hence three down two up  , I think I am correct 

2 hours ago, a little bit of a dinho said:

https://ibb.co/hPKuBJ

I took a screenshot ofThat was a   it at the time in anticipation of it being lost/removed. Think we've gained 4 points since then with a win v Port and a draw vs Pendeen leaving us on 21 currently? Believe that is correct. ???

@Fish  Illogan's 1st team will be replacing their reserves as far as I know.

I think that was a computer error, hence it has been removed and altered.

4 hours ago, Fish said:

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Illogan 1St team will be relegated from Swpl  and come into the combo so as you can't have two teams from the same  club in a league , the reserves will be automatically relegated hence three down two up  , I think I am correct 

Correct stevieb.  Max 20 teams, plus Illogan First team = 21, less Illogan Reserves = 20, plus Wendron Reserves & Lizard promoted = 22 less whoever finishes in the bottom 2 to give 20.