Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a purely football front, would be a disappointment if Glyn Hobbs didn't give it a go in the Western League with Parkway. Understand if he does have family/work reasons for not wanting to commit, but he could really seal his reputation by doing it at step 5 or beyond. In my opinion, he is close to Bradley Swiggs as the best forward I have seen in local football, but doing it consistently at the higher level is the difference.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

On a purely football front, would be a disappointment if Glyn Hobbs didn't give it a go in the Western League with Parkway. Understand if he does have family/work reasons for not wanting to commit, but he could really seal his reputation by doing it at step 5 or beyond. In my opinion, he is close to Bradley Swiggs as the best forward I have seen in local football, but doing it consistently at the higher level is the difference.

Bradley was very good, had it all & played a higher level also. Tony Kellow was probably the best I can remember, although Glyn Hooper also was great player. Steve Massey also ex pro finished his career scoring goals in what to him was 'sunday football' just oozed elegance

Tony Kellow is hard to argue with, but he was a bit before my time. Remember a young Glyn Hooper not being particular impressive at Liskeard at Western League level, albeit in a pretty average side that season. Never saw Steve Massey play I'm afraid, so It's definitely Bradley Swiggs for me. Could create, finish, strong, very quick and had a bit of arrogance about him. Did it over many seasons in strong South Western and Western Leagues as well.

On 19/05/2018 at 09:24, Adlestrop said:

They already have !

they have a couple of ex Torpoint players and the bulk of them were Edgcumbe players who transferred across with the management. Sticker ran away with the West and only finished 15th in the Prem (i would say staying in the league was a success in itself).

Good to have another local derby in SE Cornwall but only time will tell I guess in regards to how they fare. Not done bad considering they were all but bankrupt only a season a go, great work by all involved at Millbrook on and off the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Cornishfootball said:

they have a couple of ex Torpoint players and the bulk of them were Edgcumbe players who transferred across with the management. Sticker ran away with the West and only finished 15th in the Prem (i would say staying in the league was a success in itself).

Good to have another local derby in SE Cornwall but only time will tell I guess in regards to how they fare. Not done bad considering they were all but bankrupt only a season a go, great work by all involved at Millbrook on and off the pitch.

Think Sticker had probably achieved their target by staying in the division, but have had a good start to life in the Premier considering its their first season in the league & only finishing 4 points & one place off established SWPL side Newquay suggests Sticker are moving in the right direction. However it shows to me the gap between West & Premier is fairly significant as like someone said earlier Sticker walked the West division in their promotion season

In other news,

Former Falmouth man Archie Frier has been approached by a number of clubs, spoken to the young whippet on Saturday and has openly come out about moving on due to commitments off the pitch??? I've heard from the chairman Bodmin Town have offered several youngsters around £50 a game to play there football next season including Archie and are on the push for Jordan Annear, whether this deal happens or not Bodmin are clearly looking to follow Mousholes philosophy on youth.

Jesus Talks x

43 minutes ago, Jesusfollows said:

In other news,

Former Falmouth man Archie Frier has been approached by a number of clubs, spoken to the young whippet on Saturday and has openly come out about moving on due to commitments off the pitch??? I've heard from the chairman Bodmin Town have offered several youngsters around £50 a game to play there football next season including Archie and are on the push for Jordan Annear, whether this deal happens or not Bodmin are clearly looking to follow Mousholes philosophy on youth.

Jesus Talks x

The Annear's come as a package, Bodmin would have to accommodate the other one, plus dad! 

Is Darren Gilbert confirmed as manager for next season at Bodmin? Heard rumours that he had talked about stepping down. If he does stay, can imagine a big recruiting drive at Bodmin next season after a disappointing campaign. Would expect that glances will be cast in the direction of the Falmouth young guns, as well as one or two Western League refuseniks from Parkway.

9 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Is Darren Gilbert confirmed as manager for next season at Bodmin? Heard rumours that he had talked about stepping down. If he does stay, can imagine a big recruiting drive at Bodmin next season after a disappointing campaign. Would expect that glances will be cast in the direction of the Falmouth young guns, as well as one or two Western League refuseniks from Parkway.

From the Bodmin Facebook page re the presentation evening

"Darren gave an excellent speech on this season and how he sees the future of Bodmin Town, and if anyone wanted to see his commitment to the future of the Club, then they would have heard it from his own mouth."

14 hours ago, mattelot said:

Why would the Annear boys want to go to bodmin ? Ask Ed Timmons if he still thinks it was worth jumping ship last season. ?

After speaking to boss man up there, he's willing to spend big bucks on youth and goal scorers, Jordan  more prolific goalscorer has been reportedly offered £130 a game plus bonus if he signs within the next month, I know Bodmin aren't too keen on adding to the defence but are willing to sign Tom so Jordan will follow.  heard that Joel Cockings  top Sticker striker has been offered £5 a game plus goal bonus to join Perranporth apparantly he's keen to go as he's unhappy with game time. 

Jesus talks x 

3 hours ago, Jesusfollows said:

After speaking to boss man up there, he's willing to spend big bucks on youth and goal scorers, Jordan  more prolific goalscorer has been reportedly offered £130 a game plus bonus if he signs within the next month, I know Bodmin aren't too keen on adding to the defence but are willing to sign Tom so Jordan will follow.  heard that Joel Cockings  top Sticker striker has been offered £5 a game plus goal bonus to join Perranporth apparantly he's keen to go as he's unhappy with game time. 

Jesus talks x 

And Bodmin moaned about Parkway's budget..... 

2 hours ago, gingerninja said:

And Bodmin moaned about Parkway's budget..... 

.....and they can’t afford to drive a minibus to Bodmin!! So what if they win a 6th peninsula league. Who cares? Not the people of Bodmin. Clubs support is shrinking year on year. Bodmin need to spend less on players and take the leap up. 

8 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Oh no. I feel another heated debate about sides not taking promotion, and how great the new Cornish only league will be. 

Unfortunately some people just aren’t inventive enough to change the record .

I know Jordan has been approached by a few agents due to looking at progressing his playing career, suspect the price will have to be right. With the way Cornish football is being developed and the 'cash' thrown about it's clear agents will be used within the game whether positive or not. Also have been able to ring a local Cornish legend who shall be named later on who's informed (Jesus) that Godolphin have pushed to sign Olly Walker {Falmouth youngster}  who's been approached by Crystal Palace to trial..... and are in  need of a cheap young striker to score goals but I've heard he's been looking at dropping down a league for more cash. If the fans can take anything from Cornish football it's that the players are greedy g*ts and want cash for there Friday night in Vanilla so they can purchase 2 for £5 WKD's and enjoy the 40 year old selection out on display.... hope this clears things up.

Jesus talks x   

13 hours ago, Jesusfollows said:

I know Jordan has been approached by a few agents due to looking at progressing his playing career, suspect the price will have to be right. With the way Cornish football is being developed and the 'cash' thrown about it's clear agents will be used within the game whether positive or not. Also have been able to ring a local Cornish legend who shall be named later on who's informed (Jesus) that Godolphin have pushed to sign Olly Walker {Falmouth youngster}  who's been approached by Crystal Palace to trial..... and are in  need of a cheap young striker to score goals but I've heard he's been looking at dropping down a league for more cash. If the fans can take anything from Cornish football it's that the players are greedy g*ts and want cash for there Friday night in Vanilla so they can purchase 2 for £5 WKD's and enjoy the 40 year old selection out on display.... hope this clears things up.

Jesus talks x   

Would have thought Ollie and Webby would both be off to University - and cannot see Marcelo staying local for too long - so Westy will have even more reason to fight to keep Jordan (and Tom and Dennis) - he’s a loyal lad so i’m sure it would take more than what’s suggested for him to leave. 

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:24, Jesusfollows said:

Jesus talks x 

Ha! Ha! Ha! ha! Ha! ha!

On 22/05/2018 at 23:00, Jesusfollows said:

Jesus talks x   

Thanks for clearing that up Jesus, although I heard the drinking venue of choice was the classy establishment "Bunters"  where £10 can get you drink all night!

6 hours ago, golong said:

Thanks for clearing that up Jesus, although I heard the drinking venue of choice was the classy establishment "Bunters"  where £10 can get you drink all night!

HAHA! 

Didn't realise that Bunters was still going...  if the youth of today are happy to drink the beverage available {cat } for a tenner then Jesus certainly won't stop them. 

Jesus talks x

On 19/05/2018 at 09:05, cornishlegend said:

I don't think thats really called for on here.  He made mistakes served his time come out and kept himself clean and done what he does best score goals. Hes been the biggest success story of Tavi and Parkway the last 2 seasons. This Is a football forum not  a personal life forum. And I have no connection to him at all. 

Ill be interested to see what happens over at the G this year. After what was a poor season by there standards will they lose players or will they build and come back stronger next year?

Bodmin will bounce back and surely be stronger next season.  If Falmouth can keep there squad but add a couple I think they will be right there next year. Maybe kirk and Hughie from Helston would be good additions to them. 

Dark horses will be Millbrook I think they will gain a few players from Torpoint.

I don't care if u think its cared 4 or not I have very personal reasons for not liking him and if I told u what he did to me i think u would understand. Like i have said many times lovely footballer vile person

28 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

I don't care if u think its cared 4 or not I have very personal reasons for not liking him and if I told u what he did to me i think u would understand. Like i have said many times lovely footballer vile person

But this is about football not him being a vile person. I dont care what he's done not my business I'm I interested I  football and he's a good player end of!! 

3 minutes ago, cornishlegend said:

But this is about football not him being a vile person. I dont care what he's done not my business I'm I interested I  football and he's a good player end of!! 

Yes good player at this level but if true and he is not going to step up and play in western league with parkway, we will never know how good he is at a better level. 

Truely great players at this level step up such as rocky neal, the landricombes and Shane white 

On 24/05/2018 at 21:00, cornishlegend said:

U would care if he did it 2.  What a stupid thing to say u r almost as horrible as him. Also your spelling and grammar are truly atrocious

What's that 3 leagues lower than what he was playing, he should shine in that standard

1 minute ago, leedsunited said:

Would take Hobbo over Yetton any day

Didn't Gilbert say he couldn't guarantee Hobbs first striker choice a season back. Wasn't that why he went parkway

Not sure the young lad Annear would want to go to Bodmin as it’s an hour extra travel up and back at least twice a week and being a plumber he could probably earn that if he stayed at Falmouth as being a Truro boy ! 

But coming from the City maybe he could make his debut in the stadium for Cornwall ££

3 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

Looked like he went slightly backwards at bodmin, I would say was a good fit at Saltash. 

Yes, probably the right level. Not a top title challenging defender for a Parkway or Tavistock but will do a job for a competitive side like Saltash.

Got talking to a Bodmin supporter while out doggy walking he said Ollie BROKENSHIRE and Harry Evans are going back to St Austell to join Neil Slateford and new manager Damon Mulready ,he also said to me Glynn Hobbs and Kyle Moore our both leaving Parkway and joining Bodmin but its only rumours but this bloke said he had heard this from someone on the management side

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Got talking to a Bodmin supporter while out doggy walking he said Ollie BROKENSHIRE and Harry Evans are going back to St Austell to join Neil Slateford and new manager Damon Mulready ,he also said to me Glynn Hobbs and Kyle Moore our both leaving Parkway and joining Bodmin but its only rumours but this bloke said he had heard this from someone on the management side

100% Cornish, my friend said, his Aunt's, husbands, stepson son's, new wife told him Newquay were cutting their budget ... ? 

9 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

100% Cornish, my friend said, his Aunt's, husbands, stepson son's, new wife told him Newquay were cutting their budget ... ? 

I’ve also heard the same from my long lost cousin in New Zealand who told one of his sheep who told a Tesco employee when it arrived over here and then he let it slip to his son’s auntie! Funny how word gets around! ?

Think that might not just be a rumour!? Be a shame after the great job Macca did this season. Would have thought some great players be up for grabs for the vultures, young Cam Turner is improving all the time, a really silky midfielder and the talented Jack Bray-Evans who’s a match winner on his day. DannyO still a top player to have around any club on and off the pitch, great example and can still play a bit getting man of the match most weeks last season! Hope it is a rumour though and Macca stays and carries on the good work. Up the Peppermints ?