Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, ODDBALL said:

everyone to sign for Bodmin now that parkway have gone ?

still waiting on Leeds' big announcement that he mentioned a couple of weeks ago? if its as big as it sounds, they could be a threat

22 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Still to early, once the negotiations are completed you can be sure I will post! 

haha i have no doubt that you'll be the first to let us know... to be fair, you've taken your fair share of stick on here so must be due some good news

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

haha i have no doubt that you'll be the first to let us know... to be fair, you've taken your fair share of stick on here so must be due some good news

Everybody gives stick to Winners, we have had a poor season by our usual standards, & that will be change next season i can assure you! We can handle the stick, most of it is Envy by either players who have been bombed by Bodmin, or opposition managers who claim they spent nothing, do a s***t job at their respective clubs, then slate others to cover their own shortfalls.  FACT! ??

In fairness to the lad, everyone talks so highly of Carts & Hobbs and the lad has beaten them both to the golden boot.... must be turning heads somewhere, stats dont lie. Possibly Truro might be a bit of a stretch at the moment but if hes not given a chance then i guess we'll never know?

4 hours ago, SCFC said:

In fairness to the lad, everyone talks so highly of Carts & Hobbs and the lad has beaten them both to the golden boot.... must be turning heads somewhere, stats dont lie. Possibly Truro might be a bit of a stretch at the moment but if hes not given a chance then i guess we'll never know?

Maybe pway might sign him 

I'm with THE BALD ONE here, Jordan has had a cracking season, but Hobbs and Carter do it year in year out. 

15 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

i reckon the 2 LANDRICOMBE lads will return to Parkway LEVI LANDRICOMBE better than them all Jordan Annear is good came on lot better when he left Newquay hes not good enough for Truro

They won't come back. They're both regularly playing at a much higher level. Wouldn't make any sense them dropping down 

4 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

I'm with THE BALD ONE here, Jordan has had a cracking season, but Hobbs and Carter do it year in year out. 

They won't come back. They're both regularly playing at a much higher level. Wouldn't make any sense them dropping down 

I also agree, cracking season, but like the good strikers of old, need to be consistent year in, year out. Which I am sure he has the potential to be, but not in the same bracket as Hobbs or Carter yet. Remember years ago lads like Charle Legg would always be compared to Hoops etc, Charlie had a couple good seasons in the South Western League, Hoops had 15, its about consistency but good luck to the boy

As a Town can I firmly believe that Jordan is nowhere near good enough to play for anyone other than Falmouth Town! Same goes for James Ward, Dave Broglino, Joe Cooper et al. 

They are all rubbish and should be left to fester forever at Town.

(Come on boys! Stick with us and let's win everything  next year as well as go on a big Vase run.  You know it makes sense!)

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I also agree, cracking season, but like the good strikers of old, need to be consistent year in, year out. Which I am sure he has the potential to be, but not in the same bracket as Hobbs or Carter yet. Remember years ago lads like Charle Legg would always be compared to Hoops etc, Charlie had a couple good seasons in the South Western League, Hoops had 15, its about consistency but good luck to the boy

Yeah Charlie broke his leg and did not play again !!! 

1 hour ago, Toto said:

Yeah Charlie broke his leg and did not play again !!! 

At Treyew Road unfortunately, sure he would have gone on to score many more goals possibly at a higher level but we will never know. A great striker imo, pace and skill. Best around at the time.

This coming season is a "holding season" whilst everyone waits for the restructuring. Why pay out for players if you are a Div 1 West team with floodlights as you will be into SWPL Cornwall in 2019-20 anyway. 

I can see one or teams in the ECPL and Combo trying to gain promotion to the new Cornwall Div and might pay out a bit of money to try and gain that promotion. I think there will be a them and us situation in the Combo and ECPL next season, 3-4 teams way ahead of the rest.

Cornish clubs have a years grace from wasting money on players and if sensible strike while the iron is hot and spend their money on small ground improvements like new fences, seats, roof mending, drainage, etc.

The season after may become a free for all as clubs try to bag the best players, and I can see a few moving West to "Cornwall United".

On 15/05/2018 at 17:28, THE BALD ONE said:

Hes good but .... Carts and Hobbs score 30 plus every season.

Only because they always play 4 one of the top teams carter has certainly made the most of his talents whereas hobbs has done the complete opposite. If levi or rocky had been playing for parkway they would have scored at least 70 goals. Both carter and hobbs carry to much weight, 1 is a just fat the other is carrying to much muscle neither of them r particularly mobile and it will be interesting to c how hobbs copes next year against decent teams where he might only get 1 chance a game. Also he will come up against defenders who are not terrified of him ( although i don't blame the ones that r ). I believe carter tried tiverton or taunton a few years ago and that was a wash out. Rocky and Levi r the real deal and i have heard rocky is on the move from truro maybe that is leeds big announcemount anyway lets wait and see

1 hour ago, herbie777 said:

Only because they always play 4 one of the top teams carter has certainly made the most of his talents whereas hobbs has done the complete opposite. If levi or rocky had been playing for parkway they would have scored at least 70 goals. Both carter and hobbs carry to much weight, 1 is a just fat the other is carrying to much muscle neither of them r particularly mobile and it will be interesting to c how hobbs copes next year against decent teams where he might only get 1 chance a game. Also he will come up against defenders who are not terrified of him ( although i don't blame the ones that r ). I believe carter tried tiverton or taunton a few years ago and that was a wash out. Rocky and Levi r the real deal and i have heard rocky is on the move from truro maybe that is leeds big announcemount anyway lets wait and see

Hobbs is a very very good Striker, but will most definitely not get the 'Respect' shown to him by Swpl defenders every week, but he will still score a few. Lovely lad as well ?

I Reckon you may get your wish on the landricombe boys but not the Daw Lads and not a hope on Rocky hes going to go to the G lol i wish .Heard a rumour in the hospital waiting room got talking to a supporter and he said Glynn Hobbs wont be playing at Parkway due to the amount of travelling and is looking to rejoin Bodmin

20 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Hobbs is a very very good Striker, but will most definitely not get the 'Respect' shown to him by Swpl defenders every week, but he will still score a few. Lovely lad as well ?

If u think he's a lovely lad after some of the things hes done then u r a bigger  than I thought

1 hour ago, herbie777 said:

If u think he's a lovely lad after some of the things hes done then u r a bigger  than I thought

We have all made.mistakes, but Hobbo is a good lad. People slate him on here/behind a key board, this is a football forum & he is a great player at this level

15 hours ago, herbie777 said:

I don't think thats really called for on here.  He made mistakes served his time come out and kept himself clean and done what he does best score goals. Hes been the biggest success story of Tavi and Parkway the last 2 seasons. This Is a football forum not  a personal life forum. And I have no connection to him at all. 

Ill be interested to see what happens over at the G this year. After what was a poor season by there standards will they lose players or will they build and come back stronger next year?

Bodmin will bounce back and surely be stronger next season.  If Falmouth can keep there squad but add a couple I think they will be right there next year. Maybe kirk and Hughie from Helston would be good additions to them. 

Dark horses will be Millbrook I think they will gain a few players from Torpoint.