Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Have spelt 'laugh' wrong Kevin ..? 

Could of asked you but we hear up this way you have got yourself fixed up with yet Another club! ??

Don’t think there is any spelling mistakes in there Leeds. Hope I haven’t stolen your thunder.

Haha. The boy has gone back home m8. !!

12 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Don’t think there is any spelling mistakes in there Leeds. Hope I haven’t stolen your thunder.

Haha. The boy has gone back home m8. !!

Far from it Kevin, don't worry! You will be back as manager by Christmas, one of the safest bets in local football next season ! Good luck, lets hope you have a better 'rub of the green' this season friend  ?

8 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Far from it Kevin, don't worry! You will be back as manager by Christmas, one of the safest bets in local football next season ! Good luck, lets hope you have a better 'rub of the green' this season friend  ?

Thank you Leeds. For those who don’t know, I have joined Alan Carey at Porthleven for the coming season. 

From what I’m hearing, your club will be the team to beat once again this season.

Enjoy the summer merry go round & i hope our banter will continue. ?

3 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

Is there another mass exodus on the way? Why does this seem to happen down there?

Players come, and players go from Bodmin. They'll always be able to attract players as they usually challenge for trophies.They will no doubt be in the mix again next season with Parkway out of the picture, and (if the rumours are correct) pick up one or two players from them. Say what you like about Darren Gilbert and the way he goes about things, but you cannot doubt his track record over the years.

15 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

Not quite sure about that. But he'd certainly make a very good non league player for sure. He'll shine at Taunton.

I have watched rocky since he was 11 if argyle had took a chance on him then instead of mucking him about (probably due to his size) i am convinced he would have been good enough to be a pro

On 19/05/2018 at 10:53, Way Of The Park said:

On a purely football front, would be a disappointment if Glyn Hobbs didn't give it a go in the Western League with Parkway. Understand if he does have family/work reasons for not wanting to commit, but he could really seal his reputation by doing it at step 5 or beyond. In my opinion, he is close to Bradley Swiggs as the best forward I have seen in local football, but doing it consistently at the higher level is the difference.

Levi landricombe rocky neale both way better than hobbs, in my opinion he carries to much muscle and seems to have lost a bit of mobility. U also have to remember with glynn hobbs a lot of defenders just keep out of his way and let him do more or less as he pleases as they have to go to work on a Monday and if u get the upper hand on him up u really r playing a risky game as i found out to my cost, hence why although i admit he is a brilliant footballer i have nothing much else on a positive note to say about him. After my clash (shall we call it ) with him i never played football again due to my injuries and i never will

1 hour ago, herbie777 said:

I have watched rocky since he was 11 if argyle had took a chance on him then instead of mucking him about (probably due to his size) i am convinced he would have been good enough to be a pro

Levi landricombe rocky neale both way better than hobbs, in my opinion he carries to much muscle and seems to have lost a bit of mobility. U also have to remember with glynn hobbs a lot of defenders just keep out of his way and let him do more or less as he pleases as they have to go to work on a Monday and if u get the upper hand on him up u really r playing a risky game as i found out to my cost, hence why although i admit he is a brilliant footballer i have nothing much else on a positive note to say about him. After my clash (shall we call it ) with him i never played football again due to my injuries and i never will

So who are you then 'herbie777?'

You must be known on the 'circuit' 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

So who are you then 'herbie777?'

You must be known on the 'circuit' 

To be honest Leeds I do not want to identify myself as it could lead to more hassle 4 me, i would imagine from a few of the things I have said that some people might be able to work out who i am but i think its best that I dont say 

56 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

To be honest Leeds I do not want to identify myself as it could lead to more hassle 4 me, i would imagine from a few of the things I have said that some people might be able to work out who i am but i think its best that I dont say 

No problem. Was just trying to work out who you were & what sides in the SWPL you have played for ?

41 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

Can't comment on Rocky Neal back when he was of that age as I've only really watched him the last 2-3 seasons. I can safely say that whilst he is a very good player at non league level he isn't quite good enough to break in to the professional game. Shame he wasn't given the chance back when you say he should've had one.

That has been a familiar story for many many years down here 'CornishRhino'

Not speaking out at Rocky, as he is one I genuinely believe might of played higher. However their is this mentality down here where if someone is half decent, they would of or should of made it as a Pro.  Everybody has their own excuses, to fat, to lightweight, not tall enough, would of rather gone drinking with my friends & all the other lines .... Reality is if you were good enough, likely is you would of been picked up. Maybe slightly harder now with more foreign imports, but certainly years ago when money was a lot tighter at clubs, & football possibly easier ( diet, nutrition, fitness).

I have a close friend, who was a Pro, & made a very good career out of football, he then played locally & has laughed privately at all the players that should & could of gone Pro 'line' ... been said to many times, over to many years in Cornwall. 

3 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Stuart Bowker to helston apparently, that’s a long commute from Stoke Gabriel 

And Ryan & Scott Beattie according to Helston AFC Twitter feed.  Says they have Southern Prem experience. Not sure who they played for. Looks like Helston mean business this year!!

51 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

And Ryan & Scott Beattie according to Helston AFC Twitter feed.  Says they have Southern Prem experience. Not sure who they played for. Looks like Helston mean business this year!!

big money being thrown around by the looks of things?. Is it sustainable though? no doubt will p*** off the local lads who are dropped for these other players and so this activity will certainly have surrounding clubs such as Falmouth  on the lookout 

Certainly one of them played half a season at Bideford last season - as a defender and I think the other is a defender as well ?

As for Stuart Bowker, surprising move for him and Helston, unless his brother is coming as well - will score goals but there are much better about, in my opinion, but Steve Massey has certainly put miles in scouting.  

Got to agree with SCFC - Helston has a cracking youth set up, next year is a preparation year - why not develop local players - none of the three coming are going to be cheap (level of playing or mileage) - clearly the management at Helston have no faith in their own players. 

I think your trying to rock Steve Massey's boat!!  He gave plenty of youngsters a chance at Helston last season, & these youngsters are going to learn so much On & Off the pitch under an ex pro like Steve Massey. My advice stick at it to all youngsters, learn the trade. Always easy to Step Down, but a lot harder to Step back up ...

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I think your trying to rock Steve Massey's boat!!  He gave plenty of youngsters a chance at Helston last season, & these youngsters are going to learn so much On & Off the pitch under an ex pro like Steve Massey. My advice stick at it to all youngsters, learn the trade. Always easy to Step Down, but a lot harder to Step back up ...

no need to rock his boat, he's shown he doesnt give a toss about other peoples opinions on here. All sounds very good learning from him, but youngsters these days dont think like that... if they arent playing every game, week in week out, they'll leave..... to be fair, its more players in general

6 hours ago, SCFC said:

big money being thrown around by the looks of things?. Is it sustainable though? no doubt will p*** off the local lads who are dropped for these other players and so this activity will certainly have surrounding clubs such as Falmouth  on the lookout 

The two Beatties were turning out for Helston towards the end of the season when the likes of young Jewell and Cornish were also appearing. No doubt it'll be possible again for the coming season.

Been told some of the current Torpoint squad are crossing the pond and heading to Haye Road and Erme Valley. 

Heard Darren Gilbert has appointed someone to his Management team from last seasons Callington Town setup?

Both Plymouth Parkway and Truro City are keen on the highly rated left back Josh Robbins from Tavistock.

9 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Been told some of the current Torpoint squad are crossing the pond and heading to Haye Road and Erme Valley. 

Heard Darren Gilbert has appointed someone to his Management team from last seasons Callington Town setup?

Both Plymouth Parkway and Truro City are keen on the highly rated left back Josh Robbins from Tavistock.

Christ, this Robbins is highly rated and i've never heard of him.... granted ive not seen them play for a while but never seen his name before

56 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Christ, this Robbins is highly rated and i've never heard of him.... granted ive not seen them play for a while but never seen his name before

SCFC - I watched Tavistock 6 times last season and for me the lad Robbins was there best player - really mobile / fast, technically good and surprisingly these days for a 'wing back' he can actually tackle. Two big problems though, I think he is already having problems getting time off work so to look to Western Prem or TCFC would be a major step and secondly he is too small to go much higher (league wise) - I know height does not matter on ability but most Western Prem and above seem to favour big defenders.

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

SCFC - I watched Tavistock 6 times last season and for me the lad Robbins was there best player - really mobile / fast, technically good and surprisingly these days for a 'wing back' he can actually tackle. Two big problems though, I think he is already having problems getting time off work so to look to Western Prem or TCFC would be a major step and secondly he is too small to go much higher (league wise) - I know height does not matter on ability but most Western Prem and above seem to favour big defenders.

I've honestly never heard of the lad, always hear the same old suspects being mentioned (not just the strikers)... fair play to the lad though! Work can always be a pain so if hes to move up the pyramid, he'll need more and more time off. I know height shouldn't matter but im sure it will be a stumbling block

13 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

heard on the football grape vine the 2 players leaving Sticker are Jack Bowyer and Martin Duff to St Austell and Liam Eddy going to Sticker

the two sticker lads going sounds reasonable but no way is Liam going to Sticker ?

i swear Parkway , Bodmin and Tavistock just have a revolving door of the same players signing on every other season  .  are they not bored of it ?

about time some of these players took a chance and tried to play as high as they can and set themselves a challenge  

bit like Dan sullivan and levi landricombe  have done