Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Way Of The Park

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

It is about 24 hours since the season finished, what transfer rumours are knocking about?

It'll be interesting to see who goes where and who does the best recruiting. It'll be interesting to see if Falmouth can recruit even better players and push on and try and finish a little bit higher next season. I also expect Helston to make some good signings too. And it'll be interesting to see who the top clubs in the West Division get in so they can try and push for promotion.

38 minutes ago, ODDBALL said:

everyone to sign for Bodmin now that parkway have gone 😀

still waiting on Leeds' big announcement that he mentioned a couple of weeks ago? if its as big as it sounds, they could be a threat

40 minutes ago, SCFC said:

still waiting on Leeds' big announcement that he mentioned a couple of weeks ago? if its as big as it sounds, they could be a threat

Still to early, once the negotiations are completed you can be sure I will post! 

38 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Stewart  Yetton to join his mate Jake Ash. 

13 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Stewart  Yetton to join his mate Jake Ash. 

I'd be very surprised if that happened as Bodmin aren't going up anytime soon. Or at least that is how it looks anyway. I think it's more likely that he'll go to Plymouth Parkway than Bodmin.

22 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Still to early, once the negotiations are completed you can be sure I will post! 

haha i have no doubt that you'll be the first to let us know... to be fair, you've taken your fair share of stick on here so must be due some good news

Jake Ash to take over from Darren Gilbert i reckon or Neil Warnock decided he doesnt want to manage Cardiff in hte premiership loves Cornwall so much he wants to stay here so he can drive his tractor

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Looking forward to this big announcement leedsunited. Have we got a rough timescale on when to expect it?!

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

haha i have no doubt that you'll be the first to let us know... to be fair, you've taken your fair share of stick on here so must be due some good news

Everybody gives stick to Winners, we have had a poor season by our usual standards, & that will be change next season i can assure you! We can handle the stick, most of it is Envy by either players who have been bombed by Bodmin, or opposition managers who claim they spent nothing, do a s***t job at their respective clubs, then slate others to cover their own shortfalls.  FACT! 🤔🙄

43 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

Say for arguments sake he did leave Bodmin, where do we think he'd go?!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he stopped playing totally and concentrated on coaching.

2 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Luke McCormick to Parkway

I'd be very surprised if this happens. Luke can definitely still play at a much higher level than that.

2 hours ago, The Big Bad Fox said:

Jake Ash to Helston - Watch this space

That's a good shout. He'd be a very good addition at Helston if that particular move ever came off.

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he stopped playing totally and concentrated on coaching.

Wouldn't be a bad move so he could fully concentrate on coaching/managing. However he's still more than capable of playing.

spoke to a lad at work yesterday afternoon and he couldnt wait to tell us all about the new things going on down at Bodmin next season.... will wait for leeds to post to confirm... huge news if true

In fairness to the lad, everyone talks so highly of Carts & Hobbs and the lad has beaten them both to the golden boot.... must be turning heads somewhere, stats dont lie. Possibly Truro might be a bit of a stretch at the moment but if hes not given a chance then i guess we'll never know?

4 hours ago, SCFC said:

In fairness to the lad, everyone talks so highly of Carts & Hobbs and the lad has beaten them both to the golden boot.... must be turning heads somewhere, stats dont lie. Possibly Truro might be a bit of a stretch at the moment but if hes not given a chance then i guess we'll never know?

Maybe pway might sign him 

46 minutes ago, mockey jackson said:

Maybe pway might sign him 

Might be a good signing for them... they'd then have the two top goalscorers from the prem...... could be a lot worse

I'm with THE BALD ONE here, Jordan has had a cracking season, but Hobbs and Carter do it year in year out. 

15 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

i reckon the 2 LANDRICOMBE lads will return to Parkway LEVI LANDRICOMBE better than them all Jordan Annear is good came on lot better when he left Newquay hes not good enough for Truro

They won't come back. They're both regularly playing at a much higher level. Wouldn't make any sense them dropping down 

4 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

I'm with THE BALD ONE here, Jordan has had a cracking season, but Hobbs and Carter do it year in year out. 

They won't come back. They're both regularly playing at a much higher level. Wouldn't make any sense them dropping down 

I also agree, cracking season, but like the good strikers of old, need to be consistent year in, year out. Which I am sure he has the potential to be, but not in the same bracket as Hobbs or Carter yet. Remember years ago lads like Charle Legg would always be compared to Hoops etc, Charlie had a couple good seasons in the South Western League, Hoops had 15, its about consistency but good luck to the boy

As a Town can I firmly believe that Jordan is nowhere near good enough to play for anyone other than Falmouth Town! Same goes for James Ward, Dave Broglino, Joe Cooper et al. 

They are all rubbish and should be left to fester forever at Town.

(Come on boys! Stick with us and let's win everything  next year as well as go on a big Vase run.  You know it makes sense!)

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I also agree, cracking season, but like the good strikers of old, need to be consistent year in, year out. Which I am sure he has the potential to be, but not in the same bracket as Hobbs or Carter yet. Remember years ago lads like Charle Legg would always be compared to Hoops etc, Charlie had a couple good seasons in the South Western League, Hoops had 15, its about consistency but good luck to the boy

Yeah Charlie broke his leg and did not play again !!! 

15 minutes ago, Toto said:

True Alan, but my point was Charlie had a couple decent seasons, Hoops for instance had 15! You know that, you seen enough of it!

1 hour ago, Toto said:

At Treyew Road unfortunately, sure he would have gone on to score many more goals possibly at a higher level but we will never know. A great striker imo, pace and skill. Best around at the time.

This coming season is a "holding season" whilst everyone waits for the restructuring. Why pay out for players if you are a Div 1 West team with floodlights as you will be into SWPL Cornwall in 2019-20 anyway. 

I can see one or teams in the ECPL and Combo trying to gain promotion to the new Cornwall Div and might pay out a bit of money to try and gain that promotion. I think there will be a them and us situation in the Combo and ECPL next season, 3-4 teams way ahead of the rest.

Cornish clubs have a years grace from wasting money on players and if sensible strike while the iron is hot and spend their money on small ground improvements like new fences, seats, roof mending, drainage, etc.

The season after may become a free for all as clubs try to bag the best players, and I can see a few moving West to "Cornwall United".

On 15/05/2018 at 17:28, THE BALD ONE said:

Hes good but .... Carts and Hobbs score 30 plus every season.

Only because they always play 4 one of the top teams carter has certainly made the most of his talents whereas hobbs has done the complete opposite. If levi or rocky had been playing for parkway they would have scored at least 70 goals. Both carter and hobbs carry to much weight, 1 is a just fat the other is carrying to much muscle neither of them r particularly mobile and it will be interesting to c how hobbs copes next year against decent teams where he might only get 1 chance a game. Also he will come up against defenders who are not terrified of him ( although i don't blame the ones that r ). I believe carter tried tiverton or taunton a few years ago and that was a wash out. Rocky and Levi r the real deal and i have heard rocky is on the move from truro maybe that is leeds big announcemount anyway lets wait and see

1 hour ago, herbie777 said:

Only because they always play 4 one of the top teams carter has certainly made the most of his talents whereas hobbs has done the complete opposite. If levi or rocky had been playing for parkway they would have scored at least 70 goals. Both carter and hobbs carry to much weight, 1 is a just fat the other is carrying to much muscle neither of them r particularly mobile and it will be interesting to c how hobbs copes next year against decent teams where he might only get 1 chance a game. Also he will come up against defenders who are not terrified of him ( although i don't blame the ones that r ). I believe carter tried tiverton or taunton a few years ago and that was a wash out. Rocky and Levi r the real deal and i have heard rocky is on the move from truro maybe that is leeds big announcemount anyway lets wait and see

Hobbs is a very very good Striker, but will most definitely not get the 'Respect' shown to him by Swpl defenders every week, but he will still score a few. Lovely lad as well 👍

10 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Hobbs and Krac to tavi 

Rocky and Yetton to parkway 

I'm with you regarding Hobbs and Krac. I think they will stay in the SWPL purely because of the amount of travelling 

I Reckon you may get your wish on the landricombe boys but not the Daw Lads and not a hope on Rocky hes going to go to the G lol i wish .Heard a rumour in the hospital waiting room got talking to a supporter and he said Glynn Hobbs wont be playing at Parkway due to the amount of travelling and is looking to rejoin Bodmin