Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL Fixtures Saturday 12th May

Premier Division 

Launceston 5 Plymstock United 1

Polperro 3 Pensilva 1

Saltash United 2 Bere Alston United 2

Torpoint Athletic 7 Tavistock 1 (At Tavistock)

Division One 

Lakeside Athletic 8 Morwenstow 0

Mevagissey 8 Newquay 3 

Millbrook 2 Elburton Villa 0

Roche 2 Lanreath 7

As I understand it, Callington were due to play St Blazey res today at Blaise park. St Blazey requested the game to be postponed because of the Senior cup final game being played there tomorrow, Callington offered their pitch to play the game which was refused by St Blazey, the ECPL then decided to make the game a 0-0 result.

26 minutes ago, middle mans mate said:

As I understand it, Callington were due to play St Blazey res today at Blaise park. St Blazey requested the game to be postponed because of the Senior cup final game being played there tomorrow, Callington offered their pitch to play the game which was refused by St Blazey, the ECPL then decided to make the game a 0-0 result.

?? the pitches are rock solid.. in what way would it affect the game tomorrow, and as for a 0-0 result, all you can do is laugh

48 minutes ago, middle mans mate said:

They can’t do that! Surely they can’t just decide to give a 0-0 draw?! Do the league rules allow that?

1 hour ago, middle mans mate said:

From what I have heard this was not St Blazey's decision. The county FA asked for the game to be postponed due to the Senior Cup. The league then agreed a 0-0 result as cancellation was out of st Blazey's hands.

5 minutes ago, 15United said:

From what I have heard this was not St Blazey's decision. The county FA asked for the game to be postponed due to the Senior Cup. The league then agreed a 0-0 result as cancellation was out of st Blazey's hands. 

But Callington offered their pitch to play the game? Why give a 0-0?

1 minute ago, middle mans mate said:

But Callington offered their pitch to play the game? Why give a 0-0?

Only the league knows!

Huge backlogs of fixtures due to weather, teams failing to raise a side in both SWPL and ECPL for whatever reason. I am ashamed to say I have been in this situation as a player this season. Struggled throughout the season, and one game stood waiting to leave counting 8 players with others not turning up. Then finding they were down the beach. Funny thing is they storm off because they were put on the bench next game because they didn't turn up. It does make me question what is happening with local football. 

I don't always agree with everything CCFA do:but they do have the power to order ANY club to make their ground available for their annual showpiece(Senior cup Final).

I know they do the same for County youth matches and you can't blame them for ensuring everything is in place.

Let us hope all is perfect for Mousehole to win it-are they favourites?(6/4 with  bookiesPlace your bets!

2 minutes ago, Adlestrop said:

I don't always agree with everything CCFA do:but they do have the power to order ANY club to make their ground available for their annual showpiece(Senior cup Final).

I know they do the same for County youth matches and you can't blame them for ensuring everything is in place.

Let us hope all is perfect for Mousehole to win it-are they favourites?(6/4 with  bookiesPlace your bets!

If it is at the detriment of other clubs fixtures then I feel it is wrong.. that is if the game has been declared a draw without a ball being kicked!

This game should have been re-arranged if the pitch is being used for a cup final. As for the venue being changed both teams have to agree to this. As for the game being void, this is beyond me. If this was a Devon team there would be up roar on this forum. 

3 hours ago, middle mans mate said:

we have seen some jokes  this year but this is the biggest one ! embarrassing 

CALLINGTON EVEN OFFERED TO PAY FOR A NEAUTRAL PITCH AT DUCHY COLLEGE. 

blazey refused 

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Surely there was ample time for St Blazey to stage the league game later this month?

Exactly. There is no way the league should declare the game null and void over a situation that the concerned clubs didn't really have a say in. Callington to their credit tried and I believe St Blazey were in their rights to refuse. I don't necessarily agree with that but like Dave says there is still time to play it. But the Evely Cup is at St Blazey on Sunday 27th May so best not try for the Saturday before!!?

Talking of which,is the Eveley Cup still the attraction it once was:both participants will surely had a belly full of football.Would a pre-season opener be a better

time-although this might be tricky if players had moved in the close season.Your thoughts ?

Leave it as it is as an end of season game. Would be good if the ECPL moved it around a bit. Would be good for Lanreath or St Teath host the game but I suppose an on site clubhouse would be needed. Might be tempted to go to St Blazey again or find a game further afield.

5 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Leave it as it is as an end of season game. Would be good if the ECPL moved it around a bit. Would be good for Lanreath or St Teath host the game but I suppose an on site clubhouse would be needed. Might be tempted to go to St Blazey again or find a game further afield.

Lanreath have an on-site clubhouse, and a nice one at that 

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Lanreath have an on-site clubhouse, and a nice one at that 

I've seen the ground but never watched a game there. It was more St Teath I was thinking of. There are many ECPL grounds that I feel would do the game justice as well as St Blazey.

I seem to recall this subject was aired this time last season:I may be wrong (I often am!) but  I believe the ECPL and Combo Final venues

are determined from those clubs who volunteer their grounds at the start of the season.

I fully agree with Matt P. St.Teath's ground-although I haven't been there since they  beat St.Just in the Senior Cup- is second to none.However,I can't seem to remember if they

have a suitable changing facility/clubhouse.