Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH TOWN V TAVISTOCK

3 hours ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Congratulations to Westy and the entire squad. Richly deserved after a magnificent season. 

Great day Tommy, it reminds of the you in the Dave Wadd's (ex Army PT instructer) day of 1985 which was a good local team who rebuilt the club after the Werstern League era.

These lads certainly worked their socks off  and am I right in thinking  a lot progressed from the Falmouth United Youth team?

Really enjoyed today!! Fantastic to see so many of the old Town faces in the crowd! Reckon there was about 300/400 there and about 50 from Tavi!! Thought the lads really deserved it, looked fit and lively and took the game to Tavi who I thought went ahead against the run of play when Town just switched off from a free kick. Superb volley from Jordy for the equaliser and when Luke blocked a clearance to see the ball fly in the net it was magic! Had the smile wiped off my face by Sullivan who hit a worldy to take the game to extra time though. Looked like Tavi might go on and win it from there dominating the first half of extra time but the boys dug in and we scored against the run of play this time just virtually before the half time of extra time whistle. A cock up at the back saw Jordy pounce to complete his hat-trick, thought he was a right old handful all game getting in behind their defence for two hours even when he was a bit isolated up top, some shift mate!!! ?? Absolutely superb to see some of the F Troop legends at the game as well, making a right old racket second half, thanks to big Rick and the lads for singing a few old Rappo songs as well, made an old cripple very happy! Best days and memories of my life, thanks lads. ???? Massive congrats to Westy, Milchy and Charlie for putting that young side together and getting them to play like that, if I wasn’t here at work I would have had a couple shandies tonight! Falmouth boys that love the club and will always be remembered for today. That’s the end of my break but still smiling 9 hours later!! All roads lead to Bickland Park a wise man (and pissed up man) once said!!! ???

1 hour ago, Mark Jones said:

Am I right in thinking Jordan Annear has now won the premier Golden Boot ? 

Congratulations to Falmouth and also to Jordan Annear on claiming the SWPL Golden Boot. A great achievement considering two games weren't played.

54 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Congratulations to Falmouth and also to Jordan Annear on claiming the SWPL Golden Boot. A great achievement considering two games weren't played.

he also missed a few games through injury and unavailability so a even better achievement. Before anyone says it:  I know Hobbs missed a few games too. Well done Jordan. 

4 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

he also missed a few games through injury and unavailability so a even better achievement. Before anyone says it:  I know Hobbs missed a few games too. Well done Jordan. 

Jordan missed 7 games (4 Holiday and 3 injured) --his 46 goals (SWPL & Cup 43--CSC 3) is the best Falmouth Town haul since Andy Waddell 1994-95 who netted 52 goals.

He is the SWPL Golden Boot winner and will receive two free tickets for the SWPL end of season presentation dinner in Plymouth on June 2nd.

Jordan is in 25th,position on the all time Falmouth goalscoring chart with 69 goals in two seasons.79 Appearances

On 12/05/2018 at 22:52, Mike Odgers said:

Great day Tommy, it reminds of the you in the Dave Wadd's (ex Army PT instructer) day of 1985 which was a good local team who rebuilt the club after the Werstern League era.

These lads certainly worked their socks off  and am I right in thinking  a lot progressed from the Falmouth United Youth team?

Yes Mike, many of them played for the Falmouth United youth sides and also played at county youth level as well. I haven't been able to get to many games this year but the thing that has stood out is the fitness and hunger the lads have shown and add that to the obvious talent they have and it's a pretty potent mix. 

Back when Rappo, Denty and I were playing we came up against teams who were technically better than us but we always ran the legs off them and I'm a firm believer that fitness is a prerequisite of any player and they've certainly shown that they're prepared to put in the hard yards.

Great win for Westy and the team behind the team including Graham Medlyn who has kept the club together through tough times.

4 hours ago, mattelot said:

And you had your own ground ! ??

That's the price you pay for success Mattelot as you well know and some teams have more success than others at a higher price but at least we both got new stadiums to look forward to. I'll drink to that :drink:

57 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Just a matter of time Older just a matter of time, you stick to watching your Cobination League football and leave the rest to the Big Boys. :c:

Big boys - you wish....lol

No stadium, off to Torquay ??? couldn't make that up, enjoy your home games.

You probably have away games that will be closer lmfao.

On 13/05/2018 at 17:13, Mike Odgers said:

Jordan missed 7 games (4 Holiday and 3 injured) --his 46 goals (SWPL & Cup 43--CSC 3) is the best Falmouth Town haul since Andy Waddell 1994-95 who netted 52 goals.

He is the SWPL Golden Boot winner and will receive two free tickets for the SWPL end of season presentation dinner in Plymouth on June 2nd.

Jordan is in 25th,position on the all time Falmouth goalscoring chart with 69 goals in two seasons.79 Appearances

Oooooh lucky boy

Good programme but didn't like the lay out with Falmouth history on the same double page as Tavistock.

Spotted two mistakes:

Axminster won in the first round but didn't play in the second round?

And the biggest away win was Cullompton 0-5 Parkway not Falmouth 4-1 Torridgeside which was played at Falmouth!

Good effort though