Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH TOWN V TAVISTOCK

Just want to say good luck to all the players and management of Falmouth Town in tommorrows SWPL cup final .Cant believe this is our 1rst final in 15 years .Its been a joy to watch a team that works for each other rather than a team of individuals .The team spirit is obvious both on and off the pitch .we've witnessed some unbelievable performances this season so much so that i would have paid to get out of the ground afterwards !?.Hopefully we can keep the squad together for next season and do even better .Thanks for this season lads youve been a credit to yourselves and the club .Hopefully you can finish in style and bring home the silverware tomorrow .?

21 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

This should be a cracker .  2 very strong teams with a great work mentality.  I think my money will be on Tavistock , but I do not expect a goal fest.

Both teams have gave us great games this season .

I reckon 4 - 1 to Tavistock they are much more skilful and quicker around the pitch.

29 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I reckon 4 - 1 to Tavistock they are much more skilful and quicker around the pitch.

Doesnt matter who Falmouth are playing, you still back the other side?. Im sure if Falmouth played Torpoint U3's, you'd fancy Torpoint to win 8-0 as they're better dribblers?

Try supporting your club for a change rather than coming up with some dreadful predictions. Underlines your lack of knowledge regarding all Cornish (and Devon if you want to add that in) football, "more skilful and quicker".... have you ever seen the lad Annear & Olly Walker play??, absolutely lightning  

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

Doesnt matter who Falmouth are playing, you still back the other side?. Im sure if Falmouth played Torpoint U3's, you'd fancy Torpoint to win 8-0 as they're better dribblers?

Try supporting your club for a change rather than coming up with some dreadful predictions. Underlines your lack of knowledge regarding all Cornish (and Devon if you want to add that in) football, "more skilful and quicker".... have you ever seen the lad Annear & Olly Walker play??, absolutely lightning  

Shhhhh! Don't mention the D word to Big Al, it's one of his triggers! 

Great to see Town back in a final after such a long time, shows how spoilt we were all those years ago! Sort of took it for granted we would be in the finals at the end of the season even with all those good teams around back then!! Congrats to Westy and his superb back room boys and to the team, still a young side with plenty more finals in them if they stick together. Be difficult with all the vultures after a few of them, but looks like a great team spirit has been created which counts for an awful lot, hard for a player to walk away from that. Looking forward to the game, a tough ask to overcome a great Tavi team but a final is all on the day and I’m sure Wadebridge will have things looking perfect ?. “Come on the Town” ?

I’m going for a goal fest !! Tavistock to out score Falmouth simply as both sides have talented front lines but Tavistock have a much better back line 5-2 Tavistock for me .. if Bodmin weren’t playing would have popped over to watch this ..

This game is very hard to predict 2 really good sides with 2 of the best  goalies in the league my favourite Ryan Barnes but Smokies fav Josh Oak who always makes a fuss of him and just think Josh shades it but should be a great game  but i think Tavi have the better players overall and i can see theis game going all the way 1-1 after 90mins and 3-1 to Tavi after extra time and Jack Crago to be mom looking forward to this game hope its not peeing down like it has been here most of the day in Newquay

4 hours ago, SCFC said:

I do support the club but when the odds are stacked heavily against them, why come up with a fairy tale win ? One has to face the facts and the facts here are that Tavistock are a much stronger side.

End of story !

7 hours ago, BIG AL said:

In my opinion the odds are stacked against them - the result will prove this.

Completely contradicted yourself there. First half you show an opinion, second half you then claim that opinion to be fact. Think you need a holiday Al to lighten up

just back from watching the Final and what a game what a advert for local football The underdogs Falmouth where brilliant especially in Extra time where they dominated and Tavi seemed to loose control of the game when Warren Daw went off injured Jordan Annear was a real handful for Tavi and Lewis Daw and his defence had there work cut out trying to stop him when Tavi came back to equalise with a brilliant goal from sub Dan Sullivan you thought thats it now TAVI will win but no they scored 2 goals the 3rd a disaster for there goalie Josh Oak who made a right mess and gave it straight to Jordan ANNEAR who knocked it into the unguarded net but Falmouth scored again after a mess in the Tavi defence well done to Falmouth worthy winners and what a player Olly Walker is but my mom for them goes to there captain Joe COOPER who had a hell of a game and for Tavi i will give it to Warren Daw i said before the match Jack Crago would be mom well he had a knightmare game and missed a sitter .Great day out nice people decent crowd just wish there had been a burger van or chip van there i was starving .Lovely ground Wadebridge lovely weather but it poured down driving back .Well DonE FALMOUTH TOWN you deserved that win Tavi where not there usual fast flowing self and struggled at times maybe too many games had caught up with them

3 minutes ago, mattelot said:

The fact is his opinion counts for nothing .END OF !

Everyone is entitled to one

4 minutes ago, mattelot said:

The fact is his opinion counts for nothing .END OF !

Everyone is entitled to one on a forum look up the meaning of forum.

1 minute ago, BIG AL said:

Everyone is entitled to one

Everyone is entitled to one on a forum look up the meaning of forum.

I vowed i wouldnt reply to your juvenile posts again but im going to on this very last occaision .i will look up the meaning of the word forum and you can look up the meaning of the word SUPPORTER and then state on this forum that you fit that bill ?cheers and gone .

6 minutes ago, beacon said:

Assuming referring to Dan Sullivan scoring?

Plus one other unless a tavi supporter can correct me ?

7 minutes ago, beacon said:

Assuming referring to Dan Sullivan scoring?

I thought Dan Sullivan played for Taunton. But Obviously as he came on today then he’s obviously played enough games early on in the season to qualify him for the final.  How many games does a player have to play before he’s eligible? 

6 minutes ago, mattelot said:

I vowed i wouldnt reply to your juvenile posts again but im going to on this very last occaision .i will look up the meaning of the word forum and you can look up the meaning of the word SUPPORTER and then state on this forum that you fit that bill ?cheers and gone .

Plus one other unless a tavi supporter can correct me ?

Certainly fit the bill - been following Town a great deal longer than yourself. Being a supporter does not mean attending every match. There is no need to when it can be followed virtually live on social media, and cheaper as well. Imagine the cost of getting to Wadebridge today and then the admission cost in addition, just not feesible.

4 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

I thought Dan Sullivan played for Taunton. But Obviously as he came on today then he’s obviously played enough games early on in the season to qualify him for the final.  How many games does a player have to play before he’s eligible? 

Assume players have dual registration? Which again I’m assuming is not against the rules . Well done to Falmouth today did go for a goal fest but certainly was wrong in which team I predicted to win .

14 minutes ago, beacon said:

Assume players have dual registration? Which again I’m assuming is not against the rules . Well done to Falmouth today did go for a goal fest but certainly was wrong in which team I predicted to win .

Thanks your reply. It was a nice afternoon. Bit breezy at times but the sun was shinning. 

Thought the pitch looked good. 

12 minutes ago, Colin Pengilly said:

Fantastic result today ending a great season . The best team spirit in a Falmouth team for a long time. Lets not forget the behind the scene team for Falmouth who worked tirelessly for the club, particularly Graham Medlyn and Wayne Pascoe

The futures bright ! The futures Black and Amber !

49 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Will be looking out for someone dressed as a clown then ?

I don’t think Big Al actually exists. I think it is a parody account set up for a laugh. I don’t think a real person could actually be that much of a muppet.