Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL - Sunday May 13 2018

Good luck to the players & supporters of Mousehole Fc. Certain power people within the club didn’t want you there , but you are there because you deserve to be. I know what this game means to you all. Go & give it everything you got. Enjoy the day, but you will only do that if you win. ?

2 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Good luck to the players & supporters of Mousehole Fc. Your owner didn’t want you there , but you are there because you deserve to be. I know what this game means to you all. Go & give it everything you got. Enjoy the day, but you will only do that if you win. ?

OWNER !?

Didn't  want you there !! ??

3 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Pretty sure Mousehole don’t have an owner. They are run by a committee like most clubs in Cornwall. 

Good to see a SWPL Div 1 West team in the final. Good luck to them. Haters going to hate. 

Pretty Sure, Guessing or Certain Del Boy. ???  If your just, Pretty sure, then you don’t have a clue. !!!

On 09/05/2018 at 06:40, kevin richards said:

Good luck to the players & supporters of Mousehole Fc. Certain power people within the club didn’t want you there , but you are there because you deserve to be. I know what this game means to you all. Go & give it everything you got. Enjoy the day, but you will only do that if you win. ?

Why would people within their own club not want you to make the Senior Cup final? Makes no sense.

11 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Pretty Sure, Guessing or Certain Del Boy. ???  If your just, Pretty sure, then you don’t have a clue. !!!

I have it on good authority the club does not have an owner.........Committee make the decisions on how the club is run.   

I've just turned up to watch St Day Vs Carharrack game in the combination league & Luke Johnson is kitted up and named as a started for St Day. Strange decision  to play in a  lower league  local derby considering he is one of Mouseholes best players and has a senior cup final in 3 days. 

8 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Why would people within their own club not want you to make the Senior Cup final? Makes no sense.

I have it on good authority the club does not have an owner.........Committee make the decisions on how the club is run.   

You believe what you want Del Boy, just be careful what you repeat. Would hate for you to make a fool of yourself. !!!

2 hours ago, Roy D said:

I've just turned up to watch St Day Vs Carharrack game in the combination league & Luke Johnson is kitted up and named as a started for St Day. Strange decision  to play in a  lower league  local derby considering he is one of Mouseholes best players and has a senior cup final in 3 days. 

This cannot be true....

On 09/05/2018 at 06:40, kevin richards said:

For god sakes man just wish them luck stop stirring!

42 minutes ago, Kevin Reynolds said:

For god sakes man just wish them luck stop stirring!

I think most football fans think he has had the dirty done to him , if the club weren't  happy why not await until after the season was over then tell him , but to get to a final and be released before it is not a good way to make friends ? not good publicity  for a club trying to build a dynasty .   Any truth in a rumour around West Cornwall about a merger between Mousehole and Penzance ? ?

18 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I think most football fans think he has had the dirty done to him , if the club weren't  happy why not await until after the season was over then tell him , but to get to a final and be released before it is not a good way to make friends ? not good publicity  for a club trying to build a dynasty .   Any truth in a rumour around West Cornwall about a merger between Mousehole and Penzance ? ?

Would make a bit of sense, as Mousehole based on where they are, and what they are attempting is rather silly in my opinion.

Although Penzance is just down the road so to speak, it would be logical, but still out on a limb if they climb the ladder.

I still shake my head when I look at Truro's problems, and now someone else is looking to join that club !!!!

12 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Would make a bit of sense, as Mousehole based on where they are, and what they are attempting is rather silly in my opinion.

Although Penzance is just down the road so to speak, it would be logical, but still out on a limb if they climb the ladder.

I still shake my head when I look at Truro's problems, and now someone else is looking to join that club !!!!

Truro city are playing step 2 and will soon be playing in a new stadium. The biggest problem Cornish football has is people like yourself who are slowly killing it with your negative isolationist attitude. Yes Mousehole is remote but it’s not in Tibet!! 

1 minute ago, Rob1978 said:

Truro city are playing step 2 and will soon be playing in a new stadium. The biggest problem Cornish football has is people like yourself who are slowly killing it with your negative isolationist attitude. Yes Mousehole is remote but it’s not in Tibet!! 

Funny that ...I would say Mousehole are "isolated" more people would know where Tibet is before Mousehole !!!!

Best of luck to them, my prediction - end in tears.

13 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Funny that ...I would say Mousehole are "isolated" more people would know where Tibet is before Mousehole !!!!

Best of luck to them, my prediction - end in tears.

It's a nice drive from Penryn to Mousehole. Mind you any drive out of Penryn is a nice drive!!??

16 hours ago, stevieb said:

I spoke to someone connected with Mousehole regarding this so called merger on Friday!

It was confirmed that it’s on the cards and the teams would play with 1 team in Prem and 1 team 2 leagues above this, with a view that they would be self sustaining and stable financially within 4-5 years.

A new goalkeeper is on his way from Torquay apparently?

2 hours ago, shedhead said:

I spoke to someone connected with Mousehole regarding this so called merger on Friday!

It was confirmed that it’s on the cards and the teams would play with 1 team in Prem and 1 team 2 leagues above this, with a view that they would be self sustaining and stable financially within 4-5 years.

A new goalkeeper is on his way from Torquay apparently?

So would this be a name change?... interesting if true. 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Penzance not too keen apparently! 

So not a rumour ?   Interesting !

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Not necessarily Dave I mean we got Penfal so what's wrong with Mousepen, sure Older would agree with me. :rolleyes:.                  Congratulations to Saltash by the way, nice to see a different name on the cup. 

Heard Cornwall utd   on the grapevine ! Where is quido  fawkes  when you need him???

Watched the game on Facebook Live (great credit to Mousehole for broadcasting this, and so professionally - for those that aren't able to make the game it's a terrific way to watch).

As a neutral I thought Mousehole were the better footballing side (and their William Vouama (?) the best player on the pitch by quite a way) without creating too many clear cut chances. Saltash however, looked dangerous on the break and had a clever striker, who took their 3rd goal brilliantly (although not a goal for a footballing purist!).

Credit to Mousehole again for not dropping their heads when going 3-1 down, pulling a goal back through a penalty shortly afterwards. The last 10 mins or so were really good to watch as Mousehole went full thrust for the equalizer but to no avail as Saltash held on for victory.

Great match to watch!

Saltash quickest out of the blocks with two goals in the first 11 minutes and a shell-shocked Mousehole struggled to get a foothold, until the 13th minute, when they pulled one back. Saltash had the majority of the first half, however Luke Johnson made some good runs, but was subbed two minutes before the break. Not sure why they didn't wait until half time to assess his injury, but never mind.

Mousehole started the second half well and had a string of chances. Saltash were clever, committed several fouls in midfield, to break up the seagulls attacks and then caught them on the break, with a great touch and finish from Ryan Richards. 

Mousehole kept pushing and eventually got a penalty which they converted, but were just unable to find an equaliser. 

Like I said, decent game to watch, on a lovely sunny day. Officials were good and Blazey were great hosts. 

Well done to both teams, who gave everything ? 

43 minutes ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

Thank goodness for Facebook because the radio coverage was rubbish. Expected full match commentary with maybe the game kicking off at 14-05 after news and travel. Radio back in pocket after suffering a very brief dose of some male voice choir. Accept, liked by some but not by me.

Radio Cornwall has some sort of distaste regarding local football. If that was a rugby match full coverage would have been given all afternoon.