Bovey T 4-1 Torridgeside
Galmpton 1-0 Teignmouth
University 0-5 St Martins

DIVISION ONE WEST
Dobwalls 0-5 Elburton
Porthleven 0-3 Ludgvan
Wadebridge 4-0 Holsworthy

1 hour ago, Sticker Forever said:

OMG!!! He’s still going on about that!!  You’re more like Uncle Albert than Del Boy!  ?

Tongue and cheek comment ?

I see that Ludgvan won 3-0. Taking it to the last games for title decider. 

8 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Justice in the end!! ?

Seems that way! ?

0-3 at home is quite a resounding scoreline, Port have finished the season awfully in that Division, that won't please Mr.Carey. 

Cracking result for Reg Hambly's boys away at Ivybridge, specially as they were short so great result Reginald! 

St.Austell ended the season with a goal fest also .... ?

2 minutes ago, Tribute said:

See argyle scored 7 !! Town poor or argyle manage to field a strong side ? 

Town be more steady when their new man arrives in the summer. Heard that last week down the Yacht Club in Fowey, a 'generous' supporter of Town over the years sank to many Malibu & Cokes & dished the dirt on next season's going on's 

55 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Seems that way! ?

0-3 at home is quite a resounding scoreline, Port have finished the season awfully in that Division, that won't please Mr.Carey. 

Cracking result for Reg Hambly's boys away at Ivybridge, specially as they were short so great result Reginald! 

St.Austell ended the season with a goal fest also .... ?

Town be more steady when their new man arrives in the summer. Heard that last week down the Yacht Club in Fowey, a 'generous' supporter of Town over the years sank to many Malibu & Cokes & dished the dirt on next season's going on's 

Bodmin could do with some supporters, generous or not ?

49 minutes ago, shedhead said:

I would say it’s game over for the Management @ Port?

Poor really!

wouldnt surprise me. did see they had a man sent off early on in the second half. Seen Porth play a few times over the season, only a few of the players worth having and they arent the so called big names

3 hours ago, BIG AL said:

What sort of a side did they put out for heavensake ? Certainly a bad day at the office !

Of the cup final squad,I have just heard that 7 were rested and didn.t travel  and 3 on the bench.

Not the best of fixturing 2 days before a Cup final with the team not back until 1,00am

26 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Of the cup final squad,I have just heard that 7 were rested and didn.t travel  and 3 on the bench.

Not the best of fixturing 2 days before a Cup final with the team not back until 1,00am

Terrible fixturing when players have to go to work next morning !

Ivybridge 1 v 2 Camelford

Dont want to finish with a negative, so I will start with the officiating. The referee was Mr Murat, the gentleman who officiated the game where 5 players and two managers were dismissed at Parkway. He was absolutely shocking - amongst many many poor decisions he threatened to sin bin one manager ( fairly sure that does not exist at Step 6), he awarded a foul and then watched the fouled player blatantly kick the tackler (he must of seen it as he blew his whistle again and ran over), but then did nothing, he gave a back pass (which it wasn't) , but then gave the kick from where it was passed, not where it was picked up (some 15 yds different - and for the refs out there it was not given in line on the edge of 6yd box - Law 12), he allowed a two footed 'in the air' tackle go completely unpunished other than a foul and allowed other offences simply go - other than stopping the game at every opportunity to tell players off for questioning his decisions. He was ably assisted by one linesman who instead on flagging at every opportunity and wanted to get involved with every decision, a young man who clearly felt that the 22 players / managers /coaches and supporters where there for his amusement and when challenged over the back pass did not know the law.There was an assessor present - but in simple terms these officials are not suitable for this, or any level above u9 officiating. 

Rant over - it may sound that this was a 'feisty' game, which it wasn't, both sets of players were just so frustrated and bemused by what they were having to put up with and that contributed to some poor tackles. Ivybridge started very well and dominated for the first 30 minutes, scoring one and probably they should have been three up. However, Camelford finally woke up and a change of formation by Reg made the difference - once they equalised they looked the only winners, which they did through a penalty. Ivybridge threw everything forward in the last 10 and could have sneaked a goal but were caught on the break at will and Camels probably should have scored another 2 or 3 goals.

Ivybridge have some real quality players and are a very solid outfit with an exceptionally well qualified manager - one can only wish them well and look forward to seeing them next season.

Entertaining game and now looking forward to the last game and at home!!

4 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Dont want to finish with a negative, so I will start with the officiating. The referee was Mr Murat, the gentleman who officiated the game where 5 players and two managers were dismissed at Parkway. He was absolutely shocking - amongst many many poor decisions he threatened to sin bin one manager ( fairly sure that does not exist at Step 6), he awarded a foul and then watched the fouled player blatantly kick the tackler (he must of seen it as he blew his whistle again and ran over), but then did nothing, he gave a back pass (which it wasn't) , but then gave the kick from where it was passed, not where it was picked up (some 15 yds different - and for the refs out there it was not given in line on the edge of 6yd box - Law 12), he allowed a two footed 'in the air' tackle go completely unpunished other than a foul and allowed other offences simply go - other than stopping the game at every opportunity to tell players off for questioning his decisions. He was ably assisted by one linesman who instead on flagging at every opportunity and wanted to get involved with every decision, a young man who clearly felt that the 22 players / managers /coaches and supporters where there for his amusement and when challenged over the back pass did not know the law.There was an assessor present - but in simple terms these officials are not suitable for this, or any level above u9 officiating. 

Rant over - it may sound that this was a 'feisty' game, which it wasn't, both sets of players were just so frustrated and bemused by what they were having to put up with and that contributed to some poor tackles. Ivybridge started very well and dominated for the first 30 minutes, scoring one and probably they should have been three up. However, Camelford finally woke up and a change of formation by Reg made the difference - once they equalised they looked the only winners, which they did through a penalty. Ivybridge threw everything forward in the last 10 and could have sneaked a goal but were caught on the break at will and Camels probably should have scored another 2 or 3 goals.

Ivybridge have some real quality players and are a very solid outfit with an exceptionally well qualified manager - one can only wish them well and look forward to seeing them next season.

Agree with everything you’ve said apart from the real quality players ! (Which ones)

I’ve watched four of the last five games that Ivybridge have played and they should honestly have won Four of those games but most of the time they do not look like scoring and  the ball is given away cheaply far too often.... 

Tired or Lazy ???? Not sure... But well done to Camelford for giving up the fight and ending the season very well

9 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Interesting observations Bobjfh, I wasn't there last night but having been at the Tavi v Pway game I can picture the scenario you have described. Controversy seems to follow this gentleman around. Maybe Tavi & Pway weren't so bad after all considering in the 90 or so combined games they have played this season in all competitions, by my reckoning, apart from that game, they have only had 1 sending off each. I stand to be corrected. Make of that what you will.  Purely my observation!   

7 hours ago, shedhead said:

Reaction for what?

Losing 3 games out of your last 5 isn’t the best and must be partly down to poor management surely?

Certainly a very poor end to the season for them. I suppose Alan has two choices, stick it out & find better players or throw in the towel & take failure.

I personally if he is still as competitive as years gone by can't see Alan quitting, does he still live down that way? 

With the players he had at his disposal he certainly has been let down by the looks of the table

35 minutes ago, Soccerkid said:

Or perhaps your not giving credit to the teams above them in the table who have obviously had better seasons.

I feel this comment is spot on. The league is just much more competitive this season. Sticker walked it last year and I honestly don’t feel that would have been the case this time around. The comments above are just undermining the achievements so many teams have accomplished by improving. Port themselves have been massively improved this season and with the injuries they have had you can only credit the management team for where they are in the league.

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Certainly a very poor end to the season for them. I suppose Alan has two choices, stick it out & find better players or throw in the towel & take failure.

I personally if he is still as competitive as years gone by can't see Alan quitting, does he still live down that way? 

With the players he had at his disposal he certainly has been let down by the looks of the table

can see him shooting off to be honest, only ever heard of him saying they'll win the league and now they can finish 4th at best... a bit embarrassing. Obviously the players hes got in arent good enough, watched the Sims lads and Thackeray in the top division and this year in the west and have been very poor. Would've saved the club a lot of money (judging by the above expenses) had they just worked with local lads

Yes full credit to all the teams that was fighting for the top 5, as I’ve already stated previously!

What injuries and to whom?

The Managers had a big budget and a strong 2nd team to full back on unlike most.

Yes Carey has been boasting that they would win the league and for sometime during Mar/Apr they was in pole position especially when Ludgvan wobbled slightly!

What I saw the other night v Ludgvan was a shambles really, the performance was poor with bad discipline from management, players with some fans calling for Carey to leave .Credit to Ludgvan though, different class really.

I missed the sending off due to getting refreshments but did see a player (mentioned) who was subbed off leave Gala at the final whistle refusing to shake a club representatives hand declaring he’s done here ,so something’s going to change for sure.

Yes I believe he lives Coverack which is a pain as he can’t drive apparently 

And all this under the watchful eye of Kev Richards;)

17 minutes ago, shedhead said:

Yes full credit to all the teams that was fighting for the top 5, as I’ve already stated previously!

What injuries and to whom?

The Managers had a big budget and a strong 2nd team to full back on unlike most.

Yes Carey has been boasting that they would win the league and for sometime during Mar/Apr they was in pole position especially when Ludgvan wobbled slightly!

What I saw the other night v Ludgvan was a shambles really, the performance was poor with bad discipline from management, players with some fans calling for Carey to leave .Credit to Ludgvan though, different class really.

I missed the sending off due to getting refreshments but did see a player (mentioned) who was subbed off leave Gala at the final whistle refusing to shake a club representatives hand declaring he’s done here ,so something’s going to change for sure.

Yes I believe he lives Coverack which is a pain as he can’t drive apparently 

And all this under the watchful eye of Kev Richards;)

not sure on personnel by name, but did see an interview from Carey saying he was missing a couple of crucial players from long term injuries. 

didnt catch the game on wednesday night due to geographical location and work commitments, did hear ludgvan were too good really. Poor all round performance from Port or was it the usual "one or two players doing their bit whilst the others throw the towel in" ?

Could be a reunion with Kev, im sure he will deny any interest ?

As someone that has watched port a lot this year I know that the two central defenders they started with have major knee issues. The lad Tarrant I think is out for at least next season as he is waiting on an op. Bringing in someone of Matt thacks standards has steadied there back line, with the left back being the only player to last the whole season. 

But I am not making excuses as I think the team has done well and achieved a higher finish then I thought they would. At the same time I feel that the club have improved from last season. That is shown in the position they finished last time around with kev in charge.

On the discipline of the management? Not sure what you are getting at there. But what I did hear and see is a ludgvan fan shout out some abuse onto the pitch after the game. Not being very gracious in victory and then jump the barrier to try and confront a member of port team. Lucky for that idiot he thought better of it and climbed back over and left the ground.

Disgraceful behaviour from the Ludgvan fan!

Tarrant has been away with the Navey for a bit but has been available.

Wormington has been available all season as was Hunter to play Centre half with either Sims ,Stidwell ,McLean alongside Thackeray, not to mention Ben Williams so plenty to choose from!

Surely your not that naive to imagine what’s shouted from Carey’s dugout?

He hasn’t changed for sure!

As the Manager of Ludgvan football club and reading NO 5 & SHEDHEAD negative COMMENTS I contacted our supporter to establish what happened after the game.

I have known this person for over 40 years and one of the most honest and respected people you would meet so I believe him 100% . 

He told me our goalie had pulled off a great save and all of the porthleven players and bench WERE up in arms shouting and screeming saying the ball went over the line. Our supporter was in line at the time returning from a cup of Tea and walked past the Porthleven dug out  when he said that it never went over the line... He was greeted with abuse by Ports dug out calling him a F...... W..... and calling Ludgvan Cheats.  During the remaining part of the 2nd half he said the Language coming from the Porthleven bench was foul and abusive towards Ludgvan and the match officials for all to hear which has also been confirmed by other people watching!

After the game he commented sarcasticly & tongue in cheek to there dug out "unlucky boys " we dont need to cheat ,  he was then greeted with abuse and gestered the W..... sign by part of the managment team. He was also offered a fight by a player who had been previously subbed of which he responded out of character and then decided to leave.

I will say that on the 2 games we have beaten Porthleven their Manager and officials have been very gracious in defeat and wished us all the best for the season, on a seperate issue I think the Keyboard Warriers should be better placed commenting on what an excellent game it was from two very good sides instead of bringing negativity to this forum!

I hope this clears the matter up as I will not waste any further time commenting on this subject.

Anthony Hosking

(Manager of ludgvan FC)

Well I did write Carey’s dugout if you read it properly!

I also gave Your side the credit they deserve!

I’m not negative unless it’s to do with failure to which the result, discipline , dugout abuse (which you’ve confirmed) and alarmingly the behaviour of a Ludgvan supporter,(again confirmed).

6 hours ago, No. 5 said:

As someone that has watched port a lot this year I know that the two central defenders they started with have major knee issues. The lad Tarrant I think is out for at least next season as he is waiting on an op. Bringing in someone of Matt thacks standards has steadied there back line, with the left back being the only player to last the whole season. 

But I am not making excuses as I think the team has done well and achieved a higher finish then I thought they would. At the same time I feel that the club have improved from last season. That is shown in the position they finished last time around with kev in charge.

On the discipline of the management? Not sure what you are getting at there. But what I did hear and see is a ludgvan fan shout out some abuse onto the pitch after the game. Not being very gracious in victory and then jump the barrier to try and confront a member of port team. Lucky for that idiot he thought better of it and climbed back over and left the ground.

The lad Tarrant. !!!  ? Central Defender !!! ?  Forum name no 5. !!!  ?. ????

1 hour ago, Hosky Mourinho said:

As the Manager of Ludgvan football club and reading NO 5 & SHEDHEAD negative COMMENTS I contacted our supporter to establish what happened after the game.

I have known this person for over 40 years and one of the most honest and respected people you would meet so I believe him 100% . 

He told me our goalie had pulled off a great save and all of the porthleven players and bench WERE up in arms shouting and screeming saying the ball went over the line. Our supporter was in line at the time returning from a cup of Tea and walked past the Porthleven dug out  when he said that it never went over the line... He was greeted with abuse by Ports dug out calling him a F...... W..... and calling Ludgvan Cheats.  During the remaining part of the 2nd half he said the Language coming from the Porthleven bench was foul and abusive towards Ludgvan and the match officials for all to hear which has also been confirmed by other people watching!

After the game he commented sarcasticly & tongue in cheek to there dug out "unlucky boys " we dont need to cheat ,  he was then greeted with abuse and gestered the W..... sign by part of the managment team. He was also offered a fight by a player who had been previously subbed of which he responded out of character and then decided to leave.

I will say that on the 2 games we have beaten Porthleven their Manager and officials have been very gracious in defeat and wished us all the best for the season, on a seperate issue I think the Keyboard Warriers should be better placed commenting on what an excellent game it was from two very good sides instead of bringing negativity to this forum!

I hope this clears the matter up as I will not waste any further time commenting on this subject.

Anthony Hosking

(Manager of ludgvan FC)

Sounds like the chap was trying to get a reaction and when he did he shit himself ?

1 hour ago, kevin richards said:

The lad Tarrant. !!!  ? Central Defender !!! ?  Forum name no 5. !!!  ?. ????

Bout time you worked that one out kev. I’ve been giving you hints for ages lol

6 hours ago, shedhead said:

Disgraceful behaviour from the Ludgvan fan!

Tarrant has been away with the Navey for a bit but has been available.

Wormington has been available all season as was Hunter to play Centre half with either Sims ,Stidwell ,McLean alongside Thackeray, not to mention Ben Williams so plenty to choose from!

Surely your not that naive to imagine what’s shouted from Carey’s dugout?

He hasn’t changed for sure!

The lad Tarrant here lol 

yeah I wish I was away but nope out for two seasons now. My name keeps popping up on the squad list as I beg every week saying I can still do a job. 

I know some of the other boys have also had troubles but still a good season from us 

18 minutes ago, No. 5 said:

Bout time you worked that one ou kev. I’ve been giving you hints for ages lol

The lad Tarrant here lol 

yeah I wish I was away but nope out for two seasons now. My name keeps popping up on the squad list as I beg every week saying I can still do a job. 

I know some of the other boys have also had troubles but still a good season from us 

Known  for quite a while Dan. Just enjoyed reading your posts. However, couldn’t resist when you referred to yourself as, The lad Tarrant, priceless. Lol.

Bit embarrassing for the lad ?

Looks like Carey be wielding the Axe, Alan Carey 'of old' wouldn't be happy with 6th, sounds like he has spent a few quid as well (clubs provocative) so that to will rub salt in to the wounds

You had any offers Kevin since your resignation at Mousehole?

9 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Bit embarrassing for the lad ?

Looks like Carey be wielding the Axe, Alan Carey 'of old' wouldn't be happy with 6th, sounds like he has spent a few quid as well (clubs provocative) so that to will rub salt in to the wounds

You had any offers Kevin since your resignation at Mousehole?

Thank you for asking Leedsunited. Enjoying the break & getting to watch a few games. Looking forward to supporting Westy & the Falmouth boys in their final tomorrow. Will see what happens, if anything, in the summer.