Cornwall Football Forum
CornishRhino

Steven Gerrard - New Rangers Manager

24 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Big gamble.

No previous managerial experience.

Gambling his playing experiences,pays off.

Lets hope he is given time.

I do agree that it's a gamble Dave. This is his first job in management. And it's a very big one at that. I actually hope he does really well there. I shall follow with interest.

On 05/05/2018 at 17:15, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Everyone has to start somewhere, why not the joke that is Scottish football.

As with every appointment, he will be a hero - or get sacked.

Many ex good, or great players, have failed at management. If they sack him at the end of his first season, or before that, his severance pay off will be massive though.

Yeah that’s not really Scottish football as a whole though Dave. I agree Celtic are 20 points better than anyone else in the Premier league but I’ve watched some really good matches up there in the lower divisions including the Highland and Lowland leagues and it’s really competitive. Clubs like Dundee United can’t get out the Championship and Rangers took a couple of attempts. It’s decent football and very physical, should take the mrs up there for a little holiday and have a look Dave, reckon you would be surprised at the standard mate 👍

3 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Yeah that’s not really Scottish football as a whole though Dave. I agree Celtic are 20 points better than anyone else in the Premier league but I’ve watched some really good matches up there in the lower divisions including the Highland and Lowland leagues and it’s really competitive. Clubs like Dundee United can’t get out the Championship and Rangers took a couple of attempts. It’s decent football and very physical, should take the mrs up there for a little holiday and have a look Dave, reckon you would be surprised at the standard mate 👍

Hello Mark.

Hope you are well.

Her mother was Scottish, and she always wanted to go up there, but we never got around to it, now she says she's to old ....74 years young !!!!!

Saw some Welsh footy once, and that was very physical as well, a lot of ex pro's and some toughies !!!!

Scottish footy is destroyed by Celtic, and most would have the same impression I have I'm afraid, can't see myself changing my mind in the near future either.

Stay fit buddy.

5 hours ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Using that logic, German & French football is also a joke 

Yup, I do lean toward that way of thinking.

Don’t see why Scottish football was destroyed by Celtic!

they've run a football club with a massive fan base within its means. Rangers messed up!

its tough for all the other sides up there because of the spending power of Celtic in comparison to others

Rappo, you say it’s a good standard, but in conparison to what? 

Cody Cooke has taken a great opportunity to fulfill a dream whilst putting himself in a bigger shop window. Best of luck to him 

Hi Darren, watched football all over Europe over the years, especially Holland, Belgium, Spain, Portugal bits in France and Cyprus and the top half of the Scottish Premiership can hold its own with most of it. Take the top four or five sides away from the top leagues obviously but the rest of the league I would say Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and the two Edinburgh teams would give most teams a game without doubt. All about opinions obviously but seen a lot of it and that’s mine. 👍

Hi Dave, tell Fred to get up there!! Reckon you two are still fit enough to have a great time mate! It’s like a big Cornwall!! Plenty of green up there! A few pitches up there that even you would be proud of!   👌   Get a bit of lovely Scottish air in your lungs! 👍

19 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Hi Darren, watched football all over Europe over the years, especially Holland, Belgium, Spain, Portugal bits in France and Cyprus and the top half of the Scottish Premiership can hold its own with most of it. Take the top four or five sides away from the top leagues obviously but the rest of the league I would say Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and the two Edinburgh teams would give most teams a game without doubt. All about opinions obviously but seen a lot of it and that’s mine. 👍

Hi Dave, tell Fred to get up there!! Reckon you two are still fit enough to have a great time mate! It’s like a big Cornwall!! Plenty of green up there! A few pitches up there that even you would be proud of!   👌   Get a bit of lovely Scottish air in your lungs! 👍

Leave Cornwall ...WHAT!!!!!!! only Prague once a year.