Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday/Sunday 5/6th May 2018

Results for this weekend
Saturday 5th May 2018 
Hayle (Cameron Irish 5) 5-2 St Day (Chris Dobson 2) 
Att - 41
Pendeen Rovers (Darryl Richards, Silas Sullivan, Josh Findlay) 3-0 Goonhavern Athletic 
Att - 22
Perranwell (James Rowberry) 1-2 St Agnes (Sam White, Curtis Pay)
Att - 38
Redruth United (Ben Widdershoven) 1-1 West Cornwall (Matthew Field)
Att - 25
St Ives Town 0-4 Perranporth (Luke Wort, Justin Searle, Reece Monteith, Jack Bradshaw) 
Att - 25
St Just (Ashley Ellis 2, Jack Willis, Stuart Nicholls, Darren Steadman) 5-2 RNAS Culdrose (Connor Brewer, Ben Biggs) 
Att - 35

Sunday 6th May
Supp Cup s-f
Carharrack (Bradley Leivers, Mark Hollands) 2-0 Porthleven Reserves
Att - 61

4 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

Perranwell 1 - 2 St Agnes. I'm afraid Perranwell chucked this one away today. However, credit must go to St Agnes for plugging away and getting the winning goal right at the end. Perranwell took the lead in this one. A ball was played in and the Perranwell player lobbed it over the advancing St Agnes keeper. Looked more like it came off the right shin however he still finished it well. Perranwell definitely were the better side in the first half. Second half and it was a tight game with both teams having spells going forward. The last 25-30 minutes St Agnes definitely edged it and this is where they got their goals. The St Agnes leveller was a cracking finish by the young midfielder. The ball bounced out to him, and from around 25 yards on the half volley he smashed it in to the top left of the keepers goal. The winner then came right at the end with only a minute or two left to play. A cross came in and the young keeper dropped the ball under not much pressure and a St Agnes player put it over the line. However there was originally some sort of confusion as to whether it went over the line before a defender cleared it. The St Agnes players claimed it and the Perranwell linesman didn't flag. After around 5-10 seconds he then flagged for the goal. Unsure as to why it took him that little bit longer to give however he ended up getting the decision correct as a fellow spectator confirmed that it had indeed comfortably gone over the line. Difficult to pick a star player from today. There were a few players that had good games. The young keeper from Perranwell made some very good saves. Will Snapes from Perranwell had a good also. The St Agnes back line didn't do bad either along with the young midfielder who scored the goal. Not the best Combination League football game I've seen this season. However, it was a good one nonetheless.

I thought the ref had given it as it was clearly 18" over the line, I was surprised he played on and that's when I flagged, it was very clearly a goal.

Hayle att41 Cameron Irish 5-2 St Day  , 3-2 half time ,  what a good win , we had a lost dog on the pitch before ko , a presentation to Greg for groundsman of the year , he was actually speechless for once , congratulation  Greg well deserved . Hayle should have the dog as a mascot because he brought luck to the team . Cameron was on fire today and the saints could not cope with him  , great to catch up with Adrian yet  again and  George Patterson was fantastic in the middle  some younger refs could learn a lot from watching George and how he manages a game without being about him . The young keeper for the saints  made some cracking saves and was probably their mom. Was told by their chairman that he had stepped up from the reserves ,  Hayle also had three Stepping in from the reserves  to help out  and all gave a good account of themselves .  A good result  and deserved  , a good team performance  great birthday present for Matty  Thomas . The game was played in good spirits without any bad challenges ,  

52 minutes ago, winston said:

Rumour has it that Steve b was up to his old tricks with the flag again. 

Steve is one of the most honest  assistants that you will get. Gives it as he sees it and should be up there  for too Combo assistant.  

1 hour ago, winston said:

Rumour has it that Steve b was up to his old tricks with the flag again. 

What a k##b St days 1st goal was about 10yrds offside, played off the park after that, St day for all the money that is thrown about, you would have though they wouldn't be long ball merchants, but hey ho, cam the man was lethal, we will just continue to bleed green

Popped across to watch the 2nd half of St just v culdrose. Few petulant coming togethers, couple of well worked goals. Elliott controlled the game well and played the advantages well. Few more cards could’ve been shown, but well reffed. Few supporters were going on and on. All in all an eventful 45 minutes. Hopefully the St Just lad that came off is ok. 

5 hours ago, Hayle87 said:

What a k##b St days 1st goal was about 10yrds offside, played off the park after that, St day for all the money that is thrown about, you would have though they wouldn't be long ball merchants, but hey ho, cam the man was lethal, we will just continue to bleed green

100% agree with you about the result, Hayle were the better side by far but I'm not sure where you get your information about paying player's comes from but that isn't the case. As for Steve he gave two offsides in the second half that shouldn't have been given one of which was unbelievable seeing the St.day winger hadn't even got passed his fullback yet. As you said he missed an offside for the first goal so hopefully the case is that he just got decisions wrong on the day as we all make mistakes. Well done to Hayle yesterday who wanted it more and were first to the ball all over the park.

I'd rather not talk about what the home side's assistant referee, did or didn't do. I will however say that I was warned what to expect from him, by players & officials from several other combination league clubs. 

As for the game itself, we knew it would be a tough afternoon, after narrowly beating a good Hayle side 2-0, earlier in the season. Both us and Hayle were missing a few players. We had myself, Craig Clinton, Connor Miles, Lee Gribble, Matt Witts and Dan Richards missing, so we utilised our reserve team.

Cam played well and everything he seemed to do, resulted in a goal. Chris Dobson scored twice for us, but both side had chances for further goals, especially when the saints pushed to get back into the game, we were exposed at the back. Both keepers Danny Ford & Mikey palmer made some good saves. 

The players that stepped up for Hayle did a good job, including one or two from Ludgvan's peinsinsula side. 

Hayle will be a team to lookout for next season, if they keep that squad together. 

As for money at St Day, behave! ? 

I run the line for Hayle , to put something back into the game I have enjoyed  for a lot of years , being a player, manager various positions on committees .  I do make mistakes  I don't deliberately cheat as some have said over the past few seasons ,  I have given goals being over the line against Hayle ( booner  for St.Day couple of seasons back ) , and try to be fair as possible , as all club linos  we do it for nothing , turning up in all weather's .  I have had opposition fans behind me agreeing with the offsides  I have given and the dug outs going nuts as if I was a serial killer .  I have been called a c.... Fat , paedophile , you name it I have been called it , how many of you would put up with this ?   I wasn't going to respond  but I feel a bit fed up and angry  about this  I am nearly 56 , not in the best physical shape , health issues ,  i   don't mind banter   , my home team Hayle even give me a hard time for not giving offside  for them . I don't go out to f... up anyone's game football , I like meeting opposition and visiting clubs , but perhaps one of two of you who like to give stick , maybe think now did I make a mistake today ?  did I not get back quick enough ,did  I go to early , or as a manager were  my team outplayed today and accept it or blame or berate  the opposition lino  .  I am seriously considering giving up perhaps St.Days manager was right as he told me walking away from me towards the changing room ,  is it any wonder  people don't want to get involved in football .

Steve Bailey , lino  for Hayle  I don't hide behind a keyboard .

@stevieb - one of the best and most honest clubs linesman I’ve had the pleasure of working with.

If he’s made an incorrect decision, it’s because he’s made a mistake. Absolutely nothing more than that!!!

It pisses me off when people come on here giving volunteers shit... we should be encouraging more people to get involved in the game, not encouraging them to walk away!!!!

I ain't giving him stick, I believe he did get a couple wrong yesterday like player's make mistakes. But the one were he gave the st.day winger offside and he hadn't even got passed he man yet was a hard one to understand. Steve I believe you being not in line was the only reason you gave it and as you said getting older and health is probably the reason for that. Stop eating all the sausages and chip's after the game. ?

Ps Hayle were far better and would have won wether you flagged or not.

1 hour ago, willy7 said:

I ain't giving him stick, I believe he did get a couple wrong yesterday like player's make mistakes. But the one were he gave the st.day winger offside and he hadn't even got passed he man yet was a hard one to understand. Steve I believe you being not in line was the only reason you gave it and as you said getting older and health is probably the reason for that. Stop eating all the sausages and chip's after the game. ?

Ps Hayle were far better and would have won wether you flagged or not.

Willy  first time I've  have been in the bar for weeks ,   usually go straight home to my other passion fishing with my mates , but no one wanted to play last night , mind you sausage was nice ?  , for St Day 1St goal i was out of position so didn't flag as it would have looked bad ? , if the incident i was thinking was your winger was offside stopped the went again ,    I didn't have the best afternoon  and I am as hard on myself as anyone  , but if I made mistakes  I am sorry they are never deliberate , been doing this for a while  now  , I am human   they are genuine descions , I don't want Hayle to win by my handy work  , I want them to win fair and square by their football on the pitch  . Patch and his team are going the right way on the pitch as the club is on the up , I don't want t it to be about what I get wrong on a Saturday  to detract from the strides the players are making on the pitch .  I did speak with your chairman after the game and he was very complimentary about the club at the way it's going  , that is what it is about   the  club's  .

I ran the line for a couple of seasons and I got more stick from my own team than the opposition , we do make mistakes as there is no way anyone can be totally in-line all of the time .

The guys that do it regularly for there clubs do get some stick but at the end of the day I’d rather have them than what some clubs do just get a sub to run the line and he probably doesn’t know the laws of the game so they seem to flag ( or not when they should ) and let the ref deal with it .

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

I ran the line for a couple of seasons and I got more stick from my own team than the opposition , we do make mistakes as there is no way anyone can be totally in-line all of the time .

The guys that do it regularly for there clubs do get some stick but at the end of the day I’d rather have them than what some clubs do just get a sub to run the line and he probably doesn’t know the laws of the game so they seem to flag ( or not when they should ) and let the ref deal with it .

On the subject of being totally in line, a quick message of sympathy for any linos running the line against Penryn. Ryan Reeve. Bloody hell, that boy is quick, tried giving him two yards, three yards, absolute waste of time. Unless you have the attributes of Usain Bolt, don't even bother! He plays on the shoulder of the last man and is gone, got to be the quickest player in the Combo, linos nightmare! Class player and nice lad, but please take the foot off the gas just a bit to give us old boys running the line a chance!

Its funny how people moan about Steve when they lose and never when they win. Steve didn’t give an off side for the st day first goal and was honest enough to tell me that he couldn’t give it as he was to far behind play. Fair play to him you can’t argue with that. He is honest enough to admit that. He is a honest guy, doing a job that most people don’t actually want to do or should I say don’t have the balls to do, but are happy to slate and give him grief. When you come down to it you could give every Lino Grief and slate them cos I am 100 percent sure that not every Lino has got every decision correct. I give out banter to the opposition Lino every week and shake there hands afterwards and apologise for any ear ache I may have given them. Banter is part of the game but a witch hunt on one Lino is harsh and wrong. Have a nice bank holiday everyone. Patch. ???

3 hours ago, Andys said:

On the subject of being totally in line, a quick message of sympathy for any linos running the line against Penryn. Ryan Reeve. Bloody hell, that boy is quick, tried giving him two yards, three yards, absolute waste of time. Unless you have the attributes of Usain Bolt, don't even bother! He plays on the shoulder of the last man and is gone, got to be the quickest player in the Combo, linos nightmare! Class player and nice lad, but please take the foot off the gas just a bit to give us old boys running the line a chance!

Cracking player ,hats off to him he has stuck with Penryn when several left at the beginning of the season , Andy is right he is quick ,  wish he lived in Hayle .  He is a nuisance on the pitch  but in a good way .

On 07/05/2018 at 12:48, stevieb said:

Cracking player ,hats off to him he has stuck with Penryn when several left at the beginning of the season , Andy is right he is quick ,  wish he lived in Hayle .  He is a nuisance on the pitch  but in a good way .

The lad Ellis who plays for Pendeen maybe St Just is the quickest ive seen in the combo (haven't seen much of him this season though)