Cornwall Football Forum

West Division Champions?

Interesting finish to the West Division!? Down to a two horse race I would imagine between Ludgvan and Millbrook? Interesting game on Saturday as Millbrook make the long trip to Penzance, will the hosts do their neighbours a couple of miles up the road a massive favour!?! Would they want to!? ? Ludgvan have a tough looking couple of away games at Porthleven and Holsworthy with Millbrook knowing it’s in their own hands winning their last three games which they would expect to do with Marion’s at home and Penzance and Wendron away. Still think there might be one more twist in it? Good league this season though ?

Think Millbrook have had it in their hands for a while, even with Ludgvan coming close, Millbrook will go up either way as Ludgvan cant. Had the easier run in and have really been the most consistent overall. The best sides ive seen are certainly Millbrook, Liskeard are a top side and Porthleven are strong on their day. All would do alright in the top league id say, although all would need to invest as the jump is a steep one

54 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Think Millbrook have had it in their hands for a while, even with Ludgvan coming close, Millbrook will go up either way as Ludgvan cant. Had the easier run in and have really been the most consistent overall. The best sides ive seen are certainly Millbrook, Liskeard are a top side and Porthleven are strong on their day. All would do alright in the top league id say, although all would need to invest as the jump is a steep one

The difference between div west and premier is not that significant. I have watched several west games this season and they have been just as fast and skilful as premier.

14 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

The difference between div west and premier is not that significant. I have watched several west games this season and they have been just as fast and skilful as premier.

on occassions ive thought youre right, just the evidence that Sticker absolutely walked the league last year and are now down near the bottom of the prem

Yeah would agree with Leeds from what I’ve seen. The top 8 in the West would compete with the bottom 8 in the Premier most games I would say but couldn’t see them picking up many points at all against the top dozen or so sides. Definite leap in class amongst the Parkways, Tavistock, Saltash, Bodmin, St.Austell, Falmouth etc no doubt. Good league to follow this season though ?