Cornwall Football Forum

City at Hampton tonight for play-off match - Wed 2 May 2018

I'll post this, but unsure much interest!

VanSouth.png
Wednesday 2nd May 2018- 7.45pm
Vanarama Eliminators - Match A - Hemel Hempstead Town vs Braintree Town
Vanarama Eliminators - Match B - Hampton & Richmond Borough vs Truro City

Sunday 6th May 2018- 3pm
Semi Final - Dartford vs winner of Match A
Semi Final - Chelmsford City vs winner of Match B

Sunday 13th May 2018
Promotion Final

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'll post this, but unsure much interest!

VanSouth.png
Wednesday 2nd May 2018- 7.45pm
Vanarama Eliminators - Match A - Hemel Hempstead Town vs Braintree Town
Vanarama Eliminators - Match B - Hampton & Richmond Borough vs Truro City

Sunday 6th May 2018- 3pm
Semi Final - Dartford vs winner of Match A
Semi Final - Chelmsford City vs winner of Match B

Sunday 13th May 2018
Promotion Final

Yes come on truro city done so well this year be great to win first stage playoff game ?

Unlucky to Truro, beginning of the season everybody was expecting them to go down. With all the turmoil behind the scenes I think everybody at TCFC can be proud of what the club have achieved this season. Let's hope both our local teams can go one step further next season.

Hitting the bar and missing a penalty... Truro could have won it in normal time. The team gave their all and worked their socks off. They came off.at the end to long and loud chants of."we're proud of you" from the many City Faithful at the match.

End of a very good season. FA Cup and play-offs. Roll on next season. The adventure continues............

8 hours ago, BigG said:

Hitting the bar and missing a penalty... Truro could have won it in normal time. The team gave their all and worked their socks off. They came off.at the end to long and loud chants of."we're proud of you" from the many City Faithful at the match.

End of a very good season. FA Cup and play-offs. Roll on next season. The adventure continues............

Good to see you last night Big G

2 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

I agree with BigG here. Truro could definitely have won the game in normal time. Unfortunately they couldn't convert chances though. I do think the extra time goals could've been prevented which is always difficult to take. I also think the referee had a poor game but this didn't affect the result. All in all it's been a good season though. Now to see who stays and who goes.

Yes will be interesting to see who stays and who goes / hope they don’t break up the team to much but we wait and see 

10 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

I think they may have to break up the core part of the squad through no choice of their own. Other clubs will be coming in for them I think. And we must not forget that Lee Hodges and Chris Todd are both out of contract too!

I have the impression our support never gave that a thought, naturally accepting they would be there again next season, the management team were settled, the team settled into an effective unit and the support from the terraces remaining strong. What possibly could go wrong - HAPPY FAMILY.

I should add - It is good to see a band of younger supporters joining the ranks.

16 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Chris Todd just tweeted that him and Lee Hodges have agreed to sign two year deal 

Yes just seen that good to keep them done a good job this year with getting to playoffs and f a cup run / wonder how many of the players they can keep ?

3 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

Slim chance of that happening as I believe some will go on to bigger and better things. At least they should do anyway.

River Allen and Stewart Yetton leaving.

There is a rumour that Tom McHale is off to Scottish Premiership club St Mirren - I did say RUMOUR.

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

What a great result for Hampton and Richmond, just goes to show how close Truro City came to pulling off a major shock. Hope they go all the way, a great little club. 

Chelmsford had a player sent off on 53 minutes - ironically Hampton scored from a penalty immediately following the incident.

NOW THE GOOD NEWS - http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/white-tigers-management-team-rewarded-with-new-dea-50343