Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Tuesday 1st May 2018

Results for 
Tuesday 1st May 2018 
Carharrack (Ryan Stephens 2, Jake Shaw) 3-5 Mullion (Jack Price 2, Jack Green, Josh Wilson - Hone, Charlie Glover)
Att - 15
Falmouth Town Reserves (Kyle Cooke, Fraser Harris, Ben Kellow) 3-0 Illogan RBL Reserves 
Att - 26
Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve 3, Reggie May, Will Harding, Elliot Jorey, Liam Jarvis) 7-3 Perranwell (Chris Madeley, James Rowberry, Joe Ibbs-George) 
Att - 35
Porthleven Reserves (Sean Haskill-Mills 2) 2-5 Holman SC (Adam Gill, Adam Brown, Connor Catteral, Adam Selley, Jack Mankee) 
Att - 5
Redruth United 0-0 RNAS Culdrose 
Att - 10
St Agnes (Mark Bell 2 Jakob Springall Terry Campbell) 4-1 Goonhavern Athletic (Craig Brown) 
Att - 35
St Ives Town (Aaron Hicks, Danny Paynter) 2-1 Hayle (Ben Williams) 
Att - 20
West Cornwall (Nick Pulgliese, Owain Barrett, Matthew Field ,Simon Jeffries) 4-1 Penndeen Rovers (Shaun Glasspoole) 
Att - 10

Hayle lost 2-1 to St.Ives Ben Williams goal for Hayle  , 2-0 h/t  smash and grab  after most of the half St.ives  hardly got out of their own half , much the same in the second  but Hayle couldn't get the equalizer ,  ref signalling for a pen for Hayle then changed his mind , glad to get home cold ,wet   , couple yellow cards issued , also a couple of robust challenges from both teams , which could have picked a card up on another day , sorry didn't see steve the opposition lino at the end to shake hands apology for that but I was so cold after the game I just wanted to change and get home  . Shooting practice at the next training session ?????

Penryn Athletic 7 (2, 3, 26, 51, 59, 62, 72)

Perranwell 3 (30, 63, 90+2)

A really good game from my point of view. Penryn were the best attacking side that I have officiated so far this season - often using a long balll from midfield to the flanks to start an attack, then whipping in a pinpoint cross for a tap in from four yards - this happened on a number of occasions - including two times which were disallowed due to offside offences. Very clinical, composed and strong on the break. 

Perranwell’s goals were all well taken.

The best part about this game for me was the fact no-one ever really questioned my decisions or gave me any grief. There were a total of about 5 fouls - both teams good in the tackle and rarely making a mistake. Both sets of players and their management teams accepted my decisions (not that I had a great number to make) and just got on with the game. They were more interested in playing football than getting on my case. So, I want to personally thank both sides for making this an enjoyable game from a refereeing perspective. Top stuff.

Thank you also to both of my assistants today and to the gentlemen at Penryn for the hospitality. 

Kind words B_D was nice to see 2 teams just wanting to play football and getting on with it. We(Perranwell) got torn apart this evening from a very hungry and youthful Penryn side, some really good attacking football with Ryan Reeve a constant threat, and was clapped off by the whole Perranwell bench and supporters when he was subbed off towards the end of the game, you don’t see that very often. 

1 hour ago, B_D said:

A really good game from my point of view. Penryn were the best attacking side that I have officiated so far this season - often using a long balll from midfield to the flanks to start an attack, then whipping in a pinpoint cross for a tap in from four yards - this happened on a number of occasions - including two times which were disallowed due to offside offences. Very clinical, composed and strong on the break. 

The best part about this game for me was the fact no-one ever really questioned my decisions or gave me any grief. There were a total of about 5 fouls - both teams good in the tackle and rarely making a mistake. Both sets of players and their management teams accepted my decisions (not that I had a great number to make) and just got on with the game. They were more interested in playing football than getting on my case. So, I want to personally thank both sides for making this an enjoyable game from a refereeing perspective. Top stuff.

Thank you also to both of my assistants today and to the gentlemen at Penryn for the hospitality. 

Ha, ha BD ...you met older and didn't know it ....lol

HAYLE should of had 2 clear penalty’s the ref had a shocker in my opinion and usually a good ref .. still baffles me how he can signal for a clear pen then consult the opposing lineman and then not give it I’m sure the st ives lines man is not going to go against his own team it was a ridiculous looking forward to the game next week on a proper football pitch and not that lumpy shocking thing st ives call a pitch ?

8 hours ago, SM7f said:

HAYLE should of had 2 clear penalty’s the ref had a shocker in my opinion and usually a good ref .. still baffles me how he can signal for a clear pen then consult the opposing lineman and then not give it I’m sure the st ives lines man is not going to go against his own team it was a ridiculous looking forward to the game next week on a proper football pitch and not that lumpy shocking thing st ives call a pitch ?

You are entitled to your opinion, we all know the problems with the st Ives pitch, I am afraid we all do not have the facilities that you have at Hayle...however you probably had 70% of the play tonight and your finishing and ball into the box were abysmal.....the pitch, linesman or the ref were not to blame for that....

Very classy response from the Hayle supporter, refs fault, pitch is not great (because now they have first class facilities everywhere else is a dump) really !!! Get on with it and stop moaning, same for both teams, remember this is amateur football !

Bit of a set-back for Carharrack. Too many missed opportunities to shoot, too many shots off-target. scoring went 0-1, 1-1, 1-2, HT, Carharrack now playing down hill with the wind behind them, 1-3, 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, 3-5.

Appalling evening for football but both sides produced some good stuff nevertheless.

12 hours ago, B_D said:

Got to say I thought the ref was excellent last night. I think the reason the reason the game passed without incident was due to the way he controlled the game. Always up with play and used a common sense approach. One of the best I’ve seen this season. We had a few out last night but no excuses. Penryn completely played us off the park. As much as it wasn’t great to be on the receiving end, it was nice to see a young side play to a plan. Fantastic display of quick attacking football, much like Perranwell sides of years ago. 

No one is saying that Hayle have top class facilities and everywhere else is a dump. I actually like playing down saltings. In every league you have to play on whatever pitch is available and learn and deal with all surfaces. Its the same for both sides at the end of the day. I agree our finishing wasn’t good enough or the final ball into the box. It’s our own fault we didn’t take 3 points from the game last night and something we will work on and put right. All the best to st Ives, always a good difficult game when we play them, I look forward to the game next week. 

18 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

A good visit to Penryn on Tuesday night to watch a top notch performance from the home side. Perranwell certainly weren't at the races and got punished for doing so. It didn't help Penryn started quickly with two quick goals. From that Perranwell never really recovered. Ryan Reeve ran them ragged all game until he left the field of play for a rest with 15 or so minutes left to play. It was also nice to meet @TheolderIgetthebetterIwas for the first time and have a good chat. Very knowledgeable man and passionate about local football.

Told you he didn't bite ? , did you sample fag ash and chips ? ?