Cornwall Football Forum
Piran

Video highlights of Cornwall FA U 18s v Oxfordshire FA U 18s

16 hours ago, Piran said:

Another good set of quality highlights Mark. I must say Cornwall will be very disappointed at letting what looked like a fairly comfortable 2-0 lead slip. Not the best goalkeeping for the second goal but I'm sure the young lad will learn. Surely Cornwall will go one step further and win something next season?!

Would have been a different outcome if Wills shot went in for 3-0 instead of hitting the post or the shot Olly dragged just wide of the far post to make it 3-1. Fine margins but the boys will all come out of it better players with all those top blokes and coaches around them. Regardless an excellent 3 years from Hoops and the team with some very talented boys coming through who will have learnt a lot carrying them forward. Well done to Dave for the commentary and Mark and Piran films for all the great coverage the lads have enjoyed particularly over the last couple of seasons. Excellent work all round 👍

11 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Would have been a different outcome if Wills shot went in for 3-0 instead of hitting the post or the shot Olly dragged just wide of the far post to make it 3-1. Fine margins but the boys will all come out of it better players with all those top blokes and coaches around them. Regardless an excellent 3 years from Hoops and the team with some very talented boys coming through who will have learnt a lot carrying them forward. Well done to Dave for the commentary and Mark and Piran films for all the great coverage the lads have enjoyed particularly over the last couple of seasons. Excellent work all round 👍

Will was unlucky not to score. They were two cracking shots, particularly the one that flashed just past the top corner. I really do believe football wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for the likes of Mark who offer the chance of highlights for those who can't make these games. That and the experts he has in to do the commentary. Hoping to watch the County Youth at some stage next season.

22 hours ago, Fanfare said:

It would appear there was a game on but guessing by the lack of posts that Cornwall lost?

Just too much football going on! Not many match reports for any - win, lose or draw! 😗

Thanks for the positive feedback. I have been fortunate to have had Dave Deacon at the end of the microphone commentating at all of the Cornwall U 18s games and the likes of Steve Massey, Rappo, Phil Lafferty, Tommy Matthews (and John Hewitt stepping in at the last minute) summarising for me. I have come to appreciate just how powerful the audio track can be - hence the longer football videos .

Anyway, here's Hoops' set of reflections - on the final, the past three years and next season.

On 01/05/2018 at 14:08, Piran said:

Thanks for the positive feedback. I have been fortunate to have had Dave Deacon at the end of the microphone commentating at all of the Cornwall U 18s games and the likes of Steve Massey, Rappo, Phil Lafferty, Tommy Matthews (and John Hewitt stepping in at the last minute) summarising for me. I have come to appreciate just how powerful the audio track can be - hence the longer football videos .

Anyway, here's Hoops' set of reflections - on the final, the past three years and next season.

Always like listening to Glynn Hooper. Like him, and many others I'm sure, I'm hoping the County Youth will continue next season. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't.