Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & Cup - Tuesday May 1 2018

40 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Bideford missed out on the play offs on goal difference too.

I'm still buzzing today.

Its been a great season and that has just put the cherry on the top.

Couldn't be more pleased for you Bald One. Standing in the Bolitho car park waiting for the bus to Witheridge on a Saturday morning in early 2012, wondering how many players would turn up and if we'd even get a full team out, seems like a long time ago now.

I don't think it's fair to judge Bideford on one game and say the levels are the same. This cup has never been a priority for them. Parkway however are deserved winners, and looking at the team sheet from last night, over half of their team has played at Bideford's level and above. If those players stay together I have no doubt they will be out of the Western League in one year and with Bideford in the Southern League Div 1 West.

10 minutes ago, Zac said:

I don't think it's fair to judge Bideford on one game and say the levels are the same. This cup has never been a priority for them. Parkway however are deserved winners, and looking at the team sheet from last night, over half of their team has played at Bideford's level and above. If those players stay together I have no doubt they will be out of the Western League in one year and with Bideford in the Southern League Div 1 West.

Parkway went out of the FA Vase and FA Cup to step 5 sides this season.  The Western League will definitely present new challenges for both players and management.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Parkway went out of the FA Vase and FA Cup to step 5 sides this season.  The Western League will definitely present new challenges for both players and management.

I know that but Parkway should've certainly won that match. Anything can happen in one off games which showed, but over a full season their squad will be too strong against most of the Western League teams, providing Parkway keep the majority of their team together with possible additions too.