Redruth United Reserves 1-2 Mullion Reserves

Wendron United 3rds 3-1 Frogpool & Cusgarne

DIVISION 3

Rosudgeon Reserves 1-1 Ruan Minor           Double header at Rosudgeon

Falmouth DC H/W Carharrack Reserves

Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves 13-1 Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves

St Just Reserves A/W New Inn Titans

Ludgvan Reserves 12-0 St Buryan Reserves

Ruan Minor 4-0 Rosudgeon Reserves          Double header 2 x 60 min matches at Rosudgeon

DIVISION 4

Lizard Argyle Reserves 1-2 Praze-an-Beeble

Madron 1-3 Troon AFC Reserves

Perranwell Reserves 0-2 Penzance Reserves

Wendron United 4ths 1-3 Mousehole 3rds

Falmouth DC Vs Carharrack off. 

After Falmouth doing everything they could to get the game played including one of their clubmen offering to ref the game Carharrack have made the tough decision to forfeit the game. Due to work commitments and players coming down with illness yesterday it's meant we are missing 12 players leaving us with only 8 fit players, 2 of which are carrying injuries. Meaning that we had no choice as we would hate for the game to be abandoned early if 1 or 2 couldn't carry on.

Carharrack are on a 6 game unbeaten run so this wasn't an easy decision. Apologies once again to Falmouth and best of luck for the run in.

I must admit... I do fear for the short term future of the grassroots game down here in Cornwall. If we don't get it sorted, it will be detrimental to out long term future.

We need to do more as a county, league and clubs to get people into the game. Failure to do so will see us operating with minimal teams in minimal league's very soon 

after running the line this morning for truro under 11s I was looking forward playing this afternoon!

this has got to be the worst season in the history of Cornish football, multiple teams withdrawing

from leagues , constant raining during winter causing mass postponements , then teams unable to raise sides .cancellations of cups .

all we need now is postie pidge to be made president of the Trelawney league to put the icing on the cake.

roll on next season

2 hours ago, B_D said:

Following teams unable to raise a side this week:

Penryn Reserves

Carharrack Reserves

St Just Reserves 

Carharrack will struggle to get one side out next season

3 hours ago, Roy D said:

Falmouth DC Vs Carharrack off. 

After Falmouth doing everything they could to get the game played including one of their clubmen offering to ref the game Carharrack have made the tough decision to forfeit the game. Due to work commitments and players coming down with illness yesterday it's meant we are missing 12 players leaving us with only 8 fit players, 2 of which are carrying injuries. Meaning that we had no choice as we would hate for the game to be abandoned early if 1 or 2 couldn't carry on.

Carharrack are on a 6 game unbeaten run so this wasn't an easy decision. Apologies once again to Falmouth and best of luck for the run in.

Did you ask any of the local carharrack boy's to play?

Goonhavern Reserves 3 Probus 0

Goonhavern were the better team throughout the game and deserved the win. They wanted it more which is unacceptable from us as we entered the game defending our unbeaten league run, but we went down without too much fight. Goonhavern took the lead when the striker headed home. 

We had more of the ball in the second half but we created nothing. The physical home defence more than dominated our attacks. Goonhavern scored 2 more breakaway goals and we could stay there until next Saturday and still not create a chance, let alone score a goal. 

The best team won and we were rubbish, not a lot more to say! 

Div 2

Illogan 0  Newlyn Lions 4   h/t 0-3

Turned up at Illogan Park to find that the pitch had not been marked in recent days and little enthusiasm from the hosts to carry out such a task as one person was doing most jobs.Both managers and teams wanted to play,however,so it was pointed out that the shortcomings of the pitch markings being barely visible could be detrimental to the game.Luckily there was no issues or complaints about the indistinct lines during the game.

Trelawny Div 4

Perranwell Reserves 0-2 Penzance Reserves

Wasted chances from both sides until the 90th minute. Perran awarded a penalty and Pz have a man sin binned.  Penalty taken, Simon Mortimer saves. From the loose ball Pz race up the other end and score. A couple of minutes into injury they score again. 10 watching, 5 supporting either side.

Quick one today!

Division 3

Frogpool Reserves 13-1 Newlyn Reserves

Thanks to Newlyn for making the effort and to David Bartlam for fantastic officiating.

Goals:

Jack Froud x4

David Leach x3

Harry Payne x2

Aaron Coveney x2

Adam Coveney 

Dan Templeton

MOTM: Cameron Hamshaw

1 hour ago, Alf said:

Carharrack will struggle to get one side out next season

Did you ask any of the local carharrack boy's to play?

Alan no need to be bitter. Everyone signed for the reserves were asked. First team were short so took two players too

Madron 1 troon 3

Good game.  Troon came out on top after a close first half. 

Madron tired and the class of the players brought into the troon side showed the difference between the prem and the 4th division.

Oh well if you've got the resources then you may aswell use them

4 hours ago, Tempo said:

Division 3

Thanks to Newlyn for making the effort and to David Bartlam for fantastic officiating.

Yes, no need for an in-depth analysis of this one. 8-0 at half time, so we improved only losing the second half 5-1. We tried, bare 11 players (two over 50, two over 40), and gave it our best. Newlyn could have got a couple more, but Frogpool could have had several more too. Thanks for the hospitality, and Mr Bartlam for taking time to come and ref today, doing a sterling job in the process.

Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves 13

(2, 7, 14, 22, 31, 40, 45, 45, 65, 67, 69, 77, 89)

Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves 1

(72)

I hope @Mangle didn’t mind but I made a point prior to kick off of gathering his team together, asking for a show of hands of the 8 players who turned up to play last weekend (subsequently beaten 16-0 by the New Inn Titans). My message to them was clear; from a personal point of view and from that of an Officer of the League... Well Done. Well done for turning up against a very good Titans side last week when it was pretty clear they would suffer a heavy defeat. I told the players that they are the type of players we need; they are the players that are keeping Grassroots football in Cornwall alive. I also told them, more importantly that they should persevere and then rebuild prior to next season. 

I meant every word - I am so passionate about trying to keep Grassroots football ticking over so I felt it necessary to congratulate and thank these players who, despite being three men short last week, turned up and faced their scheduled opponents almost certain that defeat would prevail. It would have been easy to forfeit the game - they took the difficult option. Well done to all involved.

Today’s game showed a difference in class between both teams but also showed a fantastic unity by the Newlyn players to carry on going. From a referees perspective, usually after going down by a few goals, the losing side can lose their heads - attitudes start creeping in, players start losinb their heads, tackles start flying in etc... This game had none of that. I probably had a total of 5 fouls all game, zero backchat, no complaining, no moaning and absolutely no issues. A very easy game to officiate purely because of the attitude of both the Newlyn players and the Frogpool players.

For me, this is what grassroots football is all about! The winning team were respectful and didn’t take the piss - the losing side were gracious in defeat and left with a smile on their face.

At our level, football is a hobby - it’s about forgetting everything that’s going on in our lives, stepping out onto that pitch and giving what we can to the badge on our chest... both teams can be proud.

A class act from both teams. It was a pleasure to take charge of this game today - my last few games have again asked the question “would I rather play then ref?”.... however the satisfaction I gained today by being part of this game shows me why I chose refereeing over playing. 

6 hours ago, Tempo said:

Quick one today!

Division 3

Goals:

Jack Froud x4

David Leach x3

Harry Payne x2

Aaron Coveney x2

Adam Coveney 

Dan Templeton

MOTM: Cameron Hamshaw

Well done Tempo is that your first goal for the season ?

7 hours ago, B_D said:

A class act from both teams. It was a pleasure to take charge of this game today - my last few games have again asked the question “would I rather play then ref?”.... however the satisfaction I gained today by being part of this game shows me why I chose refereeing over playing. 

Cheers! We knew we were up against it today, even though we assembled 11 players. With a scoreline like this, I did wonder if you had considered you made the wrong choice, but you make it very clear how you view things. I’m glad you took something from the game. I guess we all did, barring the score from Newlyn’s point of view! 

1 hour ago, Tempo said:

It is mate, although I’d like to point out it’s also my third appearance! It was a penalty though!

Apart from the fixture chaos, due to the weather your team and yourself  have had a good season , can you take promotion ??  Tempo hopefully Will meet someday would be great to put a face to your name , good luck with your football  and keep up the enthusiasm for your club and the grass roots football , you are the future we need more like yourself and BD  involved to keep the game alive down here .

20 hours ago, Alf said:

You have lost me. My name is Nathan I don't hide who I am. 

Well Alan must be your dad then as you have exactly the same IP address. Or maybe you sit in his garden and use the WiFi. Bit weird that on some threads you actually have conversations with yourself

4 hours ago, Roy D said:

Well Alan must be your dad then as you have exactly the same IP address. Or maybe you sit in his garden and use the WiFi. Bit weird that on some threads you actually have conversations with yourself

82.68.4.126 This is mine so whatever you looking at or for hope this helps. And your name is?lol

14 hours ago, stevieb said:

Apart from the fixture chaos, due to the weather your team and yourself  have had a good season , can you take promotion ??  Tempo hopefully Will meet someday would be great to put a face to your name , good luck with your football  and keep up the enthusiasm for your club and the grass roots football , you are the future we need more like yourself and BD  involved to keep the game alive down here .

Thanks mate, I appreciate that. We’ll work out promotion at the end of the season - the firsts could still go up!

Always welcome at Richard Jory Playing Field - but I’m hoping I’ll be spending more time on the pitch next season.