Crediton United     0,    Liverton United   2

Honiton Town     1,   Newton Abbot Spurs   2

Teignmouth     2,    Sidmouth Town   5

Torridgeside     2,    University of Exeter   1

DIVISION ONE WEST

Ludgvan     6,   Wendron United   0

Plymstock United    2,   Holsworthy   2

St Blazey     0,    Millbrook   2

Poor show -thats the second game conceded to Falmouth the other being Away v Witheridge-I suggested at the time that part of the punishment  would be  for Witheridge to play a rearranged Home game at Bickland Park to cover the costs.

A Win, 0-0 doesn't help goal difference or Jordan Annear in 2nd.spot in The Golden Boot.

And an embarrassing League table for Step 6 standard-The trend was started by Helston last season who couldn't get to Cullompton and Parkway-i can not find any other previous seasons Premier division games awarded.

2 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

That’s twice now this has happened to Falmouth! Easy 6 points for them 

And why not just shows the contempt of Argyle. They have no interest in this league and should not be in it.I wait in anticipation to see how the big men of the swpl deal with this - no doubt will offer excuses !

What an absolute joke. You can understand (sort of) the Witheridge and Helston fixtures. Travelling miles to a game and some lads just not being bothered about it/working and not being able to make the journey, injuries etc. But this is a pro club... at home. Its not as if they don't have any players or money is it!!! They had 5 coaches up there on the side line the other day when we played them, if it was any other club, they would be playing. You could be damn sure that Milch (Miller) would be putting his kit on if Falmouth could only muster 10 players this evening.

I've defended Argyle a few times on this forum, but this is indefensible. There are teams who always struggle this end of the season, that's normal, but when they played 16 year old against Callington, which in my eyes is fine, why can't they do that tonight? The complaint is that the firsts and reserves are playing tomorrow. I get that the first team have a long injury list, but that's why you have reserve and youth teams, for them to supplement each other. Very poor showing and, as a Plymouthian, frankly embarrassing 

1 minute ago, gingerninja said:

I've defended Argyle a few times on this forum, but this is indefensible. There are teams who always struggle this end of the season, that's normal, but when they played 16 year old against Callington, which in my eyes is fine, why can't they do that tonight? The complaint is that the firsts and reserves are playing tomorrow. I get that the first team have a long injury list, but that's why you have reserve and youth teams, for them to supplement each other. Very poor showing and, as a Plymouthian, frankly embarrassing 

On the face of it, lovely three points, but the reality is we were all looking forward to testing ourselves against a supposedly professional outfit. The mockery comes when they have played several professionals in previous games and now they cant even get 11 players.  Jordan Annear hungry for goals and the lads hungry for football.  Not to mention the logistical nightmare of rearranging child care and work committments.

Sitting at the negotiation table when Argyle blessed us with their presence must have been a real lesson for any budding business person. I just hope Argyle had the manners to use lubricant. 

As for me playing Lloydy I would be out there now if they could find a shirt to fit me.

The SWPL  (Phil) has said that Argyle Reserves will be dealt with 'as other teams' - but they are not. I think everyone would accept that the first team fixture takes obvious precedence and has nothing to do with this failure to play a fixture. However the fixture in the Central League most certainly does.

Argyle entered the Central League this season, whilst members of the SWPL Prem Division - I did comment at the time that Argyle were using the SWPL and would pick and choose squads to suit themselves - from 8 pro's to now failure to fulfil fixtures!!

They have CHOSEN not to play tonight's fixture in lieu of playing in the Central Reserve League - that is different from a local club with a lack of finance / injuries / work etc and playing Away from home.

Loosing points / having points awarded or a fine has no impact at all on Argyle Reserves (in my opinion). Without knowing the full league sanctions (FA controlled or otherwise) - Argyle should be removed from this league - after all they have the U18 Academy League / Central Reserve League and First team fixtures still available.

I feel that it is a rather feeble excuse that they have games tomorrow evening.  A few Peninsula sides have had to play 3 games in 4 days and do not have the amount of players that Argyle have. As previously stated, on the face of it an easy 3 points but no change in goal difference and come the end of the season this could decide a top 3 place. Very unprofessional to say the least.

Agree with all these comments above. I would however 'tread carefully' as a lot people associated with clubs closer to Plymouth have criticised them on Social media (again rightly so) however these teams might be begging Argyle in the summer to bring a team over the Tamar for a friendly. If I were Plymouth Argyle's head of communications I would most certainly be taking a mental note as to what clubs these people are associated with & maybe avoid heading their way in pre season. Thats NOT including anyone at Falmouth Town as they have a right to be p****d off! Easy three points though...! 

38 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Agree with all these comments above. I would however 'tread carefully' as a lot people associated with clubs closer to Plymouth have criticised them on Social media (again rightly so) however these teams might be begging Argyle in the summer to bring a team over the Tamar for a friendly. If I were Plymouth Argyle's head of communications I would most certainly be taking a mental note as to what clubs these people are associated with & maybe avoid heading their way in pre season. Thats NOT including anyone at Falmouth Town as they have a right to be p****d off! Easy three points though...! 

I agree with you there Leeds, most of them will be gasping for a pre season trip to boost income etc, however, absolutely shambolic how they are "unable to fulfill a fixture" when they have plenty of players on their books. Happy to pick and choose when they fancy shoving in 8 first teamers or when they fancy a team full of 16 year olds but not able to raise a side is a joke. Making an absolute mockery of the league, hats off to those who welcomed them in at the meeting ?. Even the pro-argyle supporters saying "oh but they bring loads of supporters to away games" are finding it a joke. 3 easy points for Falmouth on the plus side

2 hours ago, J MILLER said:

On the face of it, lovely three points, but the reality is we were all looking forward to testing ourselves against a supposedly professional outfit. The mockery comes when they have played several professionals in previous games and now they cant even get 11 players.  Jordan Annear hungry for goals and the lads hungry for football.  Not to mention the logistical nightmare of rearranging child care and work committments.

Sitting at the negotiation table when Argyle blessed us with their presence must have been a real lesson for any budding business person. I just hope Argyle had the manners to use lubricant. 

As for me playing Lloydy I would be out there now if they could find a shirt to fit me.

Mr.Miller still a handy player -averaging a goal a game for Town this season.

Whilst I can see the benefits of an Argyle team in the league, the way they’ve gone about it is an utter disgrace! They should play in Plymouth - do up Harper’s park training ground if needs be, consistently play a development team and show more respect to local clubs. They had the chance to have a proper community team playing in the local area, showing themselves to be a proper community club and haven’t taken it. There are plenty of players in the p&d league who would have jumped at the chance to put on an Argyle shirt if needed. Some teams in the past may not have been able to put a team together. Argyle have chosen not to. Argyle supporters who have supported swpl team all season have been treated with utter contempt. 

14 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Who in there right mind would ask PA to play a friendly match, they properly not turn up for it anyway! Who cares about what the head of communications at PA thinks about clubs slating them!

Every team has the right to be pissed off not just Falmouth or you hoping that they’ll come and play down there in a pre season to make up for this embarrassing no show? 

PATHETIC from a so called Semi Pro club with the amount of player on the books!!! 

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Agreed Mark 

Better make sure Falmouth are willing to travel, cause can’t see PA making the trip down there!!!!

1 hour ago, Sticker Forever said:

Crickey ? someone’s got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! You sound like an Elburton Villa fan that’s just seen Millbrook and Ludgvan both won last night!? ?

I like this comment... where you looking through my bedroom window this morning ??

I dont want to jump on the Argyle bandwagon as it not the players fault, its the muppets that run them and as someone has already said, its a disgrace and totally disrespectful to our league. Remove Arglye from the league and dont relegate Witheridge. Withy have had a tough year but have conducted themselves superbly. A really good club with a great bunch of people ....could this be an option I wonder

1 hour ago, Ivory Toast said:

I dont want to jump on the Argyle bandwagon as it not the players fault, its the muppets that run them and as someone has already said, its a disgrace and totally disrespectful to our league. Remove Arglye from the league and dont relegate Witheridge. Withy have had a tough year but have conducted themselves superbly. A really good club with a great bunch of people ....could this be an option I wonder

...but Witheridge have also been unable to fulfil a fixture this season!

2 hours ago, Soccerkid said:

So you want to kick Argyle out the league for not full filling a fixture , but it’s still ok for other clubs to do it on more than one occasion , sometimes even in the same season and still keep there place . Not really fair is it .

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

...but Witheridge have also been unable to fulfil a fixture this season!

I understand what you both are saying BUT this is meant to be a proffesional club and the guys at witheridge have been unable to fulfil games for legitimate resaons, not because they cant be bothered or have other games to play in other leagues. Helston were fined last season and again these are hardworking lads that work all day ...just my opinion

On 30/04/2018 at 13:13, Mike Odgers said:

Poor show -thats the second game conceded to Falmouth the other being Away v Witheridge-I suggested at the time that part of the punishment  would be  for Witheridge to play a rearranged Home game at Bickland Park to cover the costs.

A Win, 0-0 doesn't help goal difference or Jordan Annear in 2nd.spot in The Golden Boot.

And an embarrassing League table for Step 6 standard-The trend was started by Helston last season who couldn't get to Cullompton and Parkway-i can not find any other previous seasons Premier division games awarded.

To be fair to Helston Mike, the game last season at Cullompton they had already travelled once to east Devon  have the game called off by the Ref and subsequently rearranged last minute for a Bank Holiday Monday - hardly the same?

57 minutes ago, Ivory Toast said:

I understand what you both are saying BUT this is meant to be a proffesional club and the guys at witheridge have been unable to fulfil games for legitimate resaons, not because they cant be bothered or have other games to play in other leagues. Helston were fined last season and again these are hardworking lads that work all day ...just my opinion

Totally agree and last night summed it up - Argyle chose not to play as it suited them, whereas Witheridge (knowing they are relegated) travelled down to Camelford with 11 for a mid week fixture and gave all they had on the pitch. 

Witheridge failed to fulfil at a time they lost their manager and had reall off field problems - they got a £250 fine which is a lot for a non profit making football team (nothing to Argyle) and have made every fixture since.

The excuse given by Argyle will be EXACTLY the same next season if they continue to play their Reserve team in the Central League (which they only entered this year)SWPL and U18 League - at this time of the season when they have ditched most of their year 2 scholars, their younger players having exams and injuries (reasons they gave in their press release).

My point is not against Argyle - they are the top pro club in the area and need to develop their Reserves - just do it ‘honestly’ - pick two leagues to play in and not three (I won’t go into the injustice of playing 8 pros one week and 11 16 year olds another). 

As for the ‘big crowds’ - that is not as straight forward - several Argyle away games have brought decent crowds - but Argyle do not ‘bring’ the away supporters - they normally travel with just a few parents - the bigger crowds are local to the home team who turn up to see 8 pros - paying £5 to watch a group of talented 16 year olds is somewhat of a rip off (you don’t pay to watch the academy u18 league). Those fans are already there and just need engaging with - Helston or Mousehole being examples of that as teams who have bucked the trend of declining crowds (a bit). 

2 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

This could have a bearing if the last space in next season's league is going to a vote between Torquay United reserves and Bere Alston. Perhaps teams will think twice about letting another "Pro" team in (if Torquay are still pro by then!)

not sure I'd call Torquay a pro team anymore ?