Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawney League Results 25/04/18

Very disappointing to hear that Newlyn Lions made the trip to Clijah to be greeted only by a Cormac Worker to be told there's no game! What a waste of their time! 

Due to Storm's non appearance, that now leaves them with just one point in Division 2 - They've won 6 and drawn 1 in the League this season! They've given up 18 points and are now in danger of being relegated from the Division. Due to the withdrawal of Chacewater Reserves earlier in the season, only one team will be relegated from the division. To survive in the division, Storm must win their remaining 5 games and hope that Four Lanes lose their remaining four fixtures - a win and a draw for Four Lanes however will see them stay in Division 2. However, with both teams struggling to raise sides this week, more point deductions could be on the cards if that trend continues.

In more positive news, Congratulations to Mousehole Reserves who have picked up the Division One Winners trophy after a 3-1 win at RNAS Culdrose this evening.

1 hour ago, Mangle said:

Pathetic! 

your club didnt tell us last week the game was off so no different.

mariners 1 carharrack 1.very poor from mariners again against a hard working carharrack team who deserved there point but really deserved all 3.To many players out of form for us at the moment soo frustrating to watch things could be alot different,like watchen man utd at times!!! 

7 hours ago, fudge said:

your club didnt tell us last week the game was off so no different.

mariners 1 carharrack 1.very poor from mariners again against a hard working carharrack team who deserved there point but really deserved all 3.To many players out of form for us at the moment soo frustrating to watch things could be alot different,like watchen man utd at times!!! 

Everyone knows the referee called a game off. Newlyn NA did not (and cannot anyway). The referee informed both clubs. There is a difference.

mariners 1 carharrack 1.very poor from mariners again against a hard working carharrack team who deserved there point but really deserved all 3.To many players out of form for us at the moment soo frustrating to watch things could be alot different

24 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Everyone knows the referee called a game off. Newlyn NA did not (and cannot anyway). The referee informed both clubs. There is a difference.

we know the ref called the game off coz we phoned him that wasnt a problem,the problem was newlyn club didnt let us know or respond to us or the ref.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

So are we saying here that Newlyn Lions we’re informed in time by Storm to prevent them travelling?

Sounds like someone at Newlyn Lions dropped the ball on this one, failing to pass on information to the manager or players??

Also seems like they're shying away from embarrassment by claiming they had no call/email/text from Storm.

12 hours ago, B_D said:

Very disappointing to hear that Newlyn Lions made the trip to Clijah to be greeted only by a Cormac Worker to be told there's no game! What a waste of their time! 

Due to Storm's non appearance, that now leaves them with just one point in Division 2 - They've won 6 and drawn 1 in the League this season! They've given up 18 points and are now in danger of being relegated from the Division. Due to the withdrawal of Chacewater Reserves earlier in the season, only one team will be relegated from the division. To survive in the division, Storm must win their remaining 5 games and hope that Four Lanes lose their remaining four fixtures - a win and a draw for Four Lanes however will see them stay in Division 2. However, with both teams struggling to raise sides this week, more point deductions could be on the cards if that trend continues.

In more positive news, Congratulations to Mousehole Reserves who have picked up the Division One Winners trophy after a 3-1 win at RNAS Culdrose this evening.

I like to say I myself ring up saying to mr D James that we cannot make midweek games as 70% of my players work night I no what people going to say . We had 4  midweek games Goonhaven/ Newlen/ Forgpool x2 the league can carry on to the 31st .  We got Goonhaven nx week at Home which could have been a double header we got frogpool x2 which could be put on a Saturday a double header so that’s 4 games storm could have played but no help for the small clubs 

4 hours ago, fudge said:

we know the ref called the game off coz we phoned him that wasnt a problem,the problem was newlyn club didnt let us know or respond to us or the ref.

I see what you're saying fudge. A bit of guesswork here, but as the referee called the game off, somehow that information got to our "secretary", and my guess is that the ref had got in touch with him to pass the news on. Now, he was not at the pitch, that I know for a fact, he was working,  but I received a text at 5.29, (if I could do what Timbotastic did above I would, but I ain't that savvy). I would also now assume that in the "communication" that occurred between ref and Newlyn secretary, the information that Mariners had already been informed was given. That last bit is a guess, I have no knowledge if this is a fact or not, but I am pretty sure our guy would have tried to inform you if he thought it was necessary. Common courtesy comes into play here, you have brought that subject up before, and I agree. But, although the whole saga was very frustrating, there was really nothing that Newlyn NA did that was either untoward, nasty etc etc.