Alphington 2, Teignmouth 2 
Axminster Town 2, Torridgeside 1 
Crediton United 4, Galmpton & Roselands 2 

DIVISION ONE WEST 
Holsworthy 2, Bude Town 0 
St Dennis 1, Plymstock United 1 
Wadebridge Town 1, Millbrook 3 
Wendron United 2, Illogan RBL 2

Entertaining one at The Underlane. Wendron went two nil up through a great Jack Stocker strike and a Cameron Wheat rebound following a rasping strike from Clarke which hit the bar. 

Illogan put us under the cosh for the final 15 minutes and managed to level the score line, the leveller being the virtually the last kick of the game. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Good people involved in the club and lots of belief in them yet! 

Parkway 1 Saltash 0. Really good game at Bolitho tonight. Hard fought, well contested and special mention to the ref who had a really good game. Been a long old season and the fact it has taken til now to confirm the league is a credit to Tavi who have kept us on our toes. But massive congratulations to everyone involved at Bolitho Park - you have given us a wonderful season

33 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Entertaining one at The Underlane. Wendron went two nil up through a great Jack Stocker strike and a Cameron Wheat rebound following a rasping strike from Clarke which hit the bar. 

Illogan put us under the cosh for the final 15 minutes and managed to level the score line, the leveller being the virtually the last kick of the game. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season. Good people involved in the club and lots of belief in them yet! 

Thanks for the nice comments..been a hard weekend for the club....some of the stick much deserved i must say as it is embarrising. However we do have some issues with raising a team...all.season!...the decison was made and it wasn't easy!.. 

Massive apology to the league and plymstock..

About tonight...great to see the illogan lads fight back.. gutting for wendron as it was the last kick!. Very impressed with some of wendrons younger players. 

All the best to the dron...there is huge potential there.. lovely set up.

From my non league blog!

Match: 67 of the 17/18 Season
Monday 23rd April 
At The Mill 
SWPL Premier Division 
Torpoint Athletic.         (0) 2
Tavistock.                     (3) 5
Att: 112
Goal Tally: 270
Goal Average per match: 4.02
Programme: FREE as I’m the editor and printer!

Tavistock stormed into a 3-0 lead through Liam Prynn in 27 minutes as they are trying to come runners up. The home side brought their game alive as Danny Zalick and Connor Rush made it 2-3 by the 66th Minute. Liam Prynn again scored to make his tally to four. Then in the last ten minutes Josh Grant it 5-2.

According to their twitter a/c, Argyle played 5 x under 16 players in a match against Callington that could well affect the relegation issue at the end of the season.
Good luck to Callington, not their fault, they can only play what is put in front of them, but really shows the total lack of care and respect that Argyle have for this league.
On the one hand they play 8 players with 1st team experience, ( against St Austell we believe ) and then include 5 schoolboys against another.
They may not have broken any rules, but do they have any respect for the league ? we don't think so.

30 minutes ago, We Two said:

According to their twitter a/c, Argyle played 5 x under 16 players in a match against Callington that could well affect the relegation issue at the end of the season.
Good luck to Callington, not their fault, they can only play what is put in front of them, but really shows the total lack of care and respect that Argyle have for this league.
On the one hand they play 8 players with 1st team experience, ( against St Austell we believe ) and then include 5 schoolboys against another.
They may not have broken any rules, but do they have any respect for the league ? we don't think so.

At this point in the season they need all of their pros in their squad as they are fighting for promotion, whilst the schoolboys are fighting for apprenticeships. They play some pros against the big peninsula clubs because it will be competitive. I don't see what the argyle pros would get from playing a struggling callington side. At the end of the day it is the reserve team of a professional and they are free to do what they like. Respect or disrespect is irrelevant.

30 minutes ago, CornishRhino said:

In my opinion they shouldn't be playing their Reserves in the South West Peninsula League anyway. They should be playing in a league full of other professional sides.

I've got to admit, i thought to begin with it would be alright, they would consistently play the kids (u18s or whatever), will do kind of well but not win every single game. The thing that annoys me about the whole situation is, you never know whos going to turn up. Against some teams early on in the season, one game in particular, they had 10 pros out or something ridiculous and then against Callington they had some u16's. Makes a mockery out of the league really!

18 minutes ago, SCFC said:

I've got to admit, i thought to begin with it would be alright, they would consistently play the kids (u18s or whatever), will do kind of well but not win every single game. The thing that annoys me about the whole situation is, you never know whos going to turn up. Against some teams early on in the season, one game in particular, they had 10 pros out or something ridiculous and then against Callington they had some u16's. Makes a mockery out of the league really!

Torquay will be exactly the same. Neither team should be in the swpl ; but saying that they are both Devon sides which will always be favoured by the league, being based in Devon !

51 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Looking at the Argyle kids(literally) at Callington last night,all I hope is that their mothers knew they were out late!

2 hours ago, Zac said:

At this point in the season they need all of their pros in their squad as they are fighting for promotion, whilst the schoolboys are fighting for apprenticeships. They play some pros against the big peninsula clubs because it will be competitive. I don't see what the argyle pros would get from playing a struggling callington side. At the end of the day it is the reserve team of a professional and they are free to do what they like. Respect or disrespect is irrelevant. 

Would disagree totally with your closing remark, that attitude is the cause of many problems in the game already.

Firstly the Argyle side isn't their official reserve side, as they do play in a Combination league. Secondly they can pick and choose who they want to play, it's not different to certain sides calling on loan players from Truro/Tiverton etc for midweek games. Thirdly, Big Al has a hatred for Devon that can only be rivaled by that of Trump's hatred towards the Muslims. Given that no other SWPL side had any ambition to progress through the leagues, does it really matter? They are never going to affect the promotion places as they cannot go up, and no other team wants too. If you had other teams with real ambition to progress through the leagues then I could see the issue. The isolationism taking place within Cornwall is only going to make the quality of football worse, not better 

I do apologise, its a Central League not a Combination league. Here's the live blog from the official Plymouth Argyle reserves match taking place right now https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-plymouth-argyle-0-0-1494237

2 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

Firstly the Argyle side isn't their official reserve side, as they do play in a Combination league. Secondly they can pick and choose who they want to play, it's not different to certain sides calling on loan players from Truro/Tiverton etc for midweek games. Thirdly, Big Al has a hatred for Devon that can only be rivaled by that of Trump's hatred towards the Muslims. Given that no other SWPL side had any ambition to progress through the leagues, does it really matter? They are never going to affect the promotion places as they cannot go up, and no other team wants too. If you had other teams with real ambition to progress through the leagues then I could see the issue. The isolationism taking place within Cornwall is only going to make the quality of football worse, not better 

Not sure who you refer to in respect of loan players which agreed happens and is no different, but that doesn't make it right, and as not everything is about promotion, our post was about the potential effect that the Callington / Argyle match result COULD have on the relegation scene.
We still would appreciate any comments / knowledge about UNDER 16s playing senior football ?

That's Argyle's prerogative, it's up to them to choose which 11 they want to play from their squad, no different to a Premier League side naming their squad of 25 players. They could play 2 different 11s two weeks running and it wouldn't be a problem. In regards to the ages of the players, in order to have the registered the league surely know their ages, and would flag up any problems. Then again, Ethan Ampadu played professionally for Exeter City last season at the age of 15 (or the previous year not sure) 

7 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

That's Argyle's prerogative, it's up to them to choose which 11 they want to play from their squad, no different to a Premier League side naming their squad of 25 players. They could play 2 different 11s two weeks running and it wouldn't be a problem. In regards to the ages of the players, in order to have the registered the league surely know their ages, and would flag up any problems. Then again, Ethan Ampadu played professionally for Exeter City last season at the age of 15 (or the previous year not sure) 

Professional teams in the Premier league have been fined for fielding what was considered weakened teams against teams involved in end of season promotion / relegation battles.

3 hours ago, gingerninja said:

I do apologise, its a Central League not a Combination league. Here's the live blog from the official Plymouth Argyle reserves match taking place right now https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-plymouth-argyle-0-0-1494237

Ii cannot get any worse than what it is now!

Cornish sides soon wont be playing Argyle anyway, as the league is to split. Leading Cornish sides will soon loose fixtures against Argyle, Parkway and Tavistock and will be playing village teams instead. Despite Cornish clubs biggest attendances being against these Devon clubs, some on this forum somehow believe that attendances will improve. 

37 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

Cornish sides soon wont be playing Argyle anyway, as the league is to split. Leading Cornish sides will soon loose fixtures against Argyle, Parkway and Tavistock and will be playing village teams instead. Despite Cornish clubs biggest attendances being against these Devon clubs, some on this forum somehow believe that attendances will improve. 

37 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

They certainly will especially from the away support.

13 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Village teams like St Austell, Falmouth, Torpoint, Saltash, Launceston, Bodmin, Newquay,, all top teams in their time, and no disrespect to Devon clubs who have been also rans during that period.
Regarding Argyle, our opinion about them is not because they are a Devon club, we would have the same opinion if they came from Cornwall or Somerset, and that is that they have no respect for other teams in the league, and that includes the Devon teams.
If they have how come they play 8 players with professional backgrounds against one team, and then 5 schoolboys against another, you could hardly call that consistent or fair to teams involved in promotion/ relegation issues.

2 hours ago, We Two said:

Village teams like St Austell, Falmouth, Torpoint, Saltash, Launceston, Bodmin, Newquay,, all top teams in their time, and no disrespect to Devon clubs who have been also rans during that period.
Regarding Argyle, our opinion about them is not because they are a Devon club, we would have the same opinion if they came from Cornwall or Somerset, and that is that they have no respect for other teams in the league, and that includes the Devon teams.
If they have how come they play 8 players with professional backgrounds against one team, and then 5 schoolboys against another, you could hardly call that consistent or fair to teams involved in promotion/ relegation issues.

What is your obsession with respect? If they're not breaking any rules they are free to do what they like. Playing against Argyle is exciting for local players and fans, whether they are playing full time professionals or schoolboys. You have to accept that you could be coming up against any of their signed players and try and beat what's in front of you. 

5 hours ago, We Two said:

The places you refer are towns, not villages. I obviously was not referring to those places and their clubs. A new Cornwall league would involve smaller clubs with very small fan bases. Are you trying to wind me up or are you really that thick???

5 hours ago, Zac said:

What is your obsession with respect?

Thanks for the compliment, an obsession to be proud of.

2 hours ago, Rob1978 said:

Are you trying to wind me up or are you really that thick???

The answer is above, something that is sadly missing in some areas, but if that's the way some people want to think so be it, it's their loss not ours.
It seems that a comment can only be made if an offensive remark is included.