Cornwall Football Forum

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP FINAL (at St Agnes)

Congratulations to St Stephen! Torpoint didn't really create much today and it's hard to win games with few chances. St Stephen tight at the back and the bulk of the chances fell to them throughout th3 game.

Well earned Title for St Stephen and commiserations to Torpoint after a great cup run!

Well done and thanks for St Agnes for a great pitch and top hosts for the final

I would have to agree with just about everything already posted. Very smoothly organised by the County FA staff and St Agnes FC. Torpoint didn't really get going today and St Stephen deserved the win. Two well taken goals, nothing much controversial and much better vibe than it would have been on a Friday night. Not a great sized crowd but that was to be expected given the location and that the two teams were from the east  (again !!!)

Congratulations and thanks to all concerned.

Congratulations to St Stephen today.it was never going to be for us, didn't feel we played as well as we can, and if you don't create chances then any team will find it hard. Having said that, I feel you deserved the win and showed why you've been in 3 finals, I'm proud of my team because I don't think many others thought we'd get this far, this is nearly a completely new side this season and if we can learn from this today I'm sure we can make days like today a more regular occasion. But once again, congratulations to the manager and players of St Stephen. 

2 hours ago, Justin norman said:

Congratulations to St Stephen today.it was never going to be for us, didn't feel we played as well as we can, and if you don't create chances then any team will find it hard. Having said that, I feel you deserved the win and showed why you've been in 3 finals, I'm proud of my team because I don't think many others thought we'd get this far, this is nearly a completely new side this season and if we can learn from this today I'm sure we can make days like today a more regular occasion. But once again, congratulations to the manager and players of St Stephen. 

I wasn't there today but you sound very magnanimous in your defeat, when lots of others wouldn't have been. Top man.

probably the worst attendance we've had for a jnr cup final in the last 3 seasons but take nothing away from St Agnes as they wer spot on with everything & did the county proud,thank you for that & we're still having a great evening but some people should never pick up a microphone #terriblesingersbutcupwinners