St Day Reserves 0-1 Mawnan

Wendron United Reserves 2-1 Helston Athletic 3rds

DIVISION 1  

Lanner 1-5 Constantine

Mawnan Reserves 1-3 Threemilestone

Newlyn Non-Athletico 2-8 Penwith Exiles

Rosudgeon 0-1 Mousehole Reserves          

DIVISION 2  

Probus 2-0 Storm                 Double header 2 x 60 min matches at Probus     

Falmouth Town 3-0 Frogpool & Cusgarne

Gwinear Churchtown 6-1 Illogan RBL 3rds

Mullion Reserves 7-1 St Day 3rds

Redruth United Reserves 6-3 Four Lanes

Storm 0-1   Probus                 Double header 2 x 60 min matches at Probus     

DIVISION 3     

West Cornwall Reserves 3-2 St Just Reserves           Double header 2 x 60 min games at West Cornwall pitch

Carharrack Reserves 6-2 St Buryan Reserves

Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves 1-2 Ruan Minor

New Inn Titans 16-0 Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves

St Agnes 3rds 2-2 Holman SC Reserves

St Erme 3-1 Ludgvan Reserves

St Ives Mariners 1-1 Falmouth DC

St Just Reserves 2-1 West Cornwall Reserves                           Double header 2 x 60 min games at West Cornwall

DIVISION 4

Hayle 3rds 7-1 Probus Reserves     DOUBLE HEADER 2 X 60 MIN MATCHES @ HAYLE

Probus Reserves 1-5 Hayle 3rds      DOUBLE HEADER 2 X 60 MIN MATCHES @ HAYLE

Stithians Reserves 3-7 Mousehole 3rds

Troon AFC Reserves 2-0 Perranwell Reserves          

Wendron United 4ths 5-0 Goonhavern Athletic 3rds

mariners 1 fal dc 1.hard fought draw in nice conditions on a nice pitch played in good spirits.dc took the lead just after half time and mariners scoring from a penalty from kieran aberham,massive praise to the falmouth linesman who flagged for the foul in the box after the ref originally said no! 

Lizard Argyle 9 (16, 22, 39, 48, 50, 53, 58, 74, 88)

Stithians 0

A really good game to referee. Stithians turned up with 12 men and had Ben Allen substituted on 56 minutes due to an ankle injury. Argyle took the lead early on and never really faltered, playing some glorious football on a lovely day down on the Lizard Penisular. 

Despite the goals going in at quite a frequent rate, Stithians never gave up - they did have a few chances but unfortunately for them, the Home defence stayed strong. Some really good goals were scored by the Home side, particular the one midway through the second half where a fantastic cross was put in for the Argyle striker to leap highest in the box to put a looping header over the keeper and under the crossbar. 

This was my second trip to the Lizard this season, I was particularly impressed with the facilities and hospitality. New dugouts have been erected, all of the necessary Charter Standard documentation plastered all over the walls and some very nice food after the game. This was an easy game to referee, particularly due to the fantastic attitudes of both sets of players. It was an absolute pleasure to take part in this match so thank you to both sides for making it enjoyable.

I wish Lizard all the best in their quest for promotion to the Combination League this season. 

I also want to say a big well done to both Four Lanes and Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves who I believe were both very short of players. Despite the numerical disadvantage and instead of accepting defeat by default, a fine and the potential loss of points, both sets of players travelled to their games and played a game of football. Those players that let your respective teams down today just need to look at your commitment and follow suit. Both teams have earnt a great deal of respect from me. Well done.

1 hour ago, B_D said:

Lizard Argyle 9 (16, 22, 39, 48, 50, 53, 58, 74, 88)

Stithians 0

A really good game to referee. Stithians turned up with 12 men and had Ben Allen substituted on 56 minutes due to an ankle injury. Argyle took the lead early on and never really faltered, playing some glorious football on a lovely day down on the Lizard Penisular. 

Despite the goals going in at quite a frequent rate, Stithians never gave up - they did have a few chances but unfortunately for them, the Home defence stayed strong. Some really good goals were scored by the Home side, particular the one midway through the second half where a fantastic cross was put in for the Argyle striker to leap highest in the box to put a looping header over the keeper and under the crossbar. 

This was my second trip to the Lizard this season, I was particularly impressed with the facilities and hospitality. New dugouts have been erected, all of the necessary Charter Standard documentation plastered all over the walls and some very nice food after the game. This was an easy game to referee, particularly due to the fantastic attitudes of both sets of players. It was an absolute pleasure to take part in this match so thank you to both sides for making it enjoyable.

I wish Lizard all the best in their quest for promotion to the Combination League this season. 

I also want to say a big well done to both Four Lanes and Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves who I believe were both very short of players. Despite the numerical disadvantage and instead of accepting defeat by default, a fine and the potential loss of points, both sets of players travelled to their games and played a game of football. Those players that let your respective teams down today just need to look at your commitment and follow suit. Both teams have earnt a great deal of respect from me. Well done.

Four Lanes with just 7 players due to a wedding

Division 3

Frogpool Reserves 1-2 Ruan Minor

Short one from me today - I have a 5000 word essay due Monday, so please let me off!

Tight game, where not a heck of a lot of football was played and very few chances were created. Ruan certainly edged the first half, pretty even in the second, but a good finish from their striker won it for them.

We were poor for the second match in a row.

Frogpool goal and man of the match: Lewis Bax

Probus 2 Storm 0

The first game of the double header was very tight and despite us having a lot of possession we could only score 1 goal in each half, both scored by Sean Johnson. The result was the important part but we wanted to play better in the second game.

Storm 0 Probus 1

We took the lead with a goal scored by Sean Johnson, which was not unlike the goals he scored in the first game. Then there was a moment of handbags when one of our players made a foul and there was an ensuing melee....it was 50 yards away from me and it was too hot to run to try and clam things down, although the Storm keeper didn't have the same thought as me! This resulted in 2 straight reds, 1 for either team, a 2nd yellow for one of our players, resulting in a red and a yellow for the Storm keeper. We faced playing 40 minutes a man down, but Storm rarely troubled us and we had several chance to increase our lead. Well done to our 50 year old manager, Tony Penrose, who managed to play for the final 10 minutes without pulling a muscle :thumbsup:

Overall we were pleased to get 6 points in very hot conditions, but disappointed with the performances and chance conversion. Goonhavern away next week. 

42 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

Probus 2 Storm 0

The first game of the double header was very tight and despite us having a lot of possession we could only score 1 goal in each half, both scored by Sean Johnson. The result was the important part but we wanted to play better in the second game.

Storm 0 Probus 1

We took the lead with a goal scored by Sean Johnson, which was not unlike the goals he scored in the first game. Then there was a moment of handbags when one of our players made a foul and there was an ensuing melee....it was 50 yards away from me and it was too hot to run to try and clam things down, although the Storm keeper didn't have the same thought as me! This resulted in 2 straight reds, 1 for either team, a 2nd yellow for one of our players, resulting in a red and a yellow for the Storm keeper. We faced playing 40 minutes a man down, but Storm rarely troubled us and we had several chance to increase our lead. Well done to our 50 year old manager, Tony Penrose, who managed to play for the final 10 minutes without pulling a muscle :thumbsup:

Overall we were pleased to get 6 points in very hot conditions, but disappointed with the performances and chance conversion. Goonhavern away next week. 

Yes we went up there to play one game we got there at 1:50 the ref said it’s a double hd I said no I told the league last week . But we did play two games but happy with the team 5 players out but that’s ok. But your player that got sent of is he the same that got sent of at illogen two games ago 

2 hours ago, B_D said:

Thank you. Some people seem to think that Newlyn call off games when struggling. Well, we were struggling today big time, and an away fixture at New Inn Titans is not the place you would choose on a day like today. Thanks to NIT for putting up with us, at least we got a game.

1 hour ago, N P R said:

Yes we went up there to play one game we got there at 1:50 the ref said it’s a double hd I said no I told the league last week . But we did play two games but happy with the team 5 players out but that’s ok. But your player that got sent of is he the same that got sent of at illogen two games ago 

Says Connor Rhodes is suspended from the 14th for 3 games, yet on full time website he has been named ? Is this the guy in question?

11 hours ago, N P R said:

And since he wasn't named in the squad for the 1st game it meant he had served the 3 games to then play the second, even if he didn't actually stay on the pitch very long.

Probus maintain their season league unbeaten run!

1 hour ago, Sh91 said:

And since he wasn't named in the squad for the 1st game it meant he had served the 3 games to then play the second, even if he didn't actually stay on the pitch very long.

Probus maintain their season league unbeaten run!

Says on full time website banned from the 14th. 

So you played 1 game on the 14th.

Then 2 games on 21st April. (Yesterday)

3 games 

Or because your reserve side played mid week does that count as a one of his games he is banned for? Which made him eligible for the second game yesterday? 

1 hour ago, Timbotastic said:

Says on full time website banned from the 14th. 

So you played 1 game on the 14th.

Then 2 games on 21st April. (Yesterday)

3 games 

Or because your reserve side played mid week does that count as a one of his games he is banned for? Which made him eligible for the second game yesterday? 

I’ve looked into this after receiving a few emails...

He missed the first game on the 14th, the second game on the 17th (Reserves) and then the first game yesterday. This meant that he was eligible for their second game. Not a very good return back to football after serving a ban ?

*Of course, I will be clarifying games served with the CFA.

Edited by B_D
* Edited for clarification

27 minutes ago, John Mead said:

I was of the opinion that a suspension is not "cleared" until the team you were playing for at the time of the sending off has played the requisite number of games: don't think you can count the games from two (or more!) different teams within a club!

The guidance I received earlier in the season was that because this player would miss out on playing for the teams other side in the league, this counts towards a suspension game due to the category of football (Saturday).

In any case, when a query is raised to me regarding player eligibility and/or it flags up on Full Time that a player has played whilst being suspended, I will always send an email to the Governance Manager at Cornwall FA to seek clarification. I personally do not (in my position as Reg. Sec.) decide the games which the players miss. 

2 minutes ago, B_D said:

The guidance I received earlier in the season was that because this player would miss out on playing for the teams other side in the league, this counts towards a suspension game. 

So when you say “this player” are you saying the rules are different for everyone. 

Surely this rule needs investigating further ?

Just now, Timbotastic said:

So when you say “this player” are you saying the rules are different for everyone. 

Surely this rule needs investigating further ?

When I say this player, I mean this one In particular given these circumstances (the potential games missed). 

As I've said above (in my edited post), I will always seek clarification on the player suspensions as it is not down to me in my role to determine what games the player misses. The main factor revolves around the category of football in which the suspended player plays - so if he is banned on a Sunday League game, he can still play Saturday games etc.

In this instance, the concern has been raised to me via email twice already and has flagged up on the Full Time System, so it’s something I will be speaking to Cornwall FA about tomorrow to ascertain player eligibility. 

6 minutes ago, B_D said:

When I say this player, I mean this one In particular given these circumstances (the potential games missed). 

As I've said above (in my edited post), I will always seek clarification on the player suspensions as it is not down to me in my role to determine what games the player misses. The main factor revolves around the category of football in which the suspended player plays - so if he is banned on a Sunday League game, he can still play Saturday games etc.

In this instance, the concern has been raised to me via email twice already and has flagged up on the Full Time System, so it’s something I will be speaking to Cornwall FA about tomorrow to ascertain player eligibility. 

So the way it looks this player may well have not been eligible to play after all. 

The way they got around it seems wrong. You can get a 3 game ban. Your reserve team play 3 games in a week (possible this time of the season) for whom you have hardly played for . Yet you can then play again for the first team possibly the following Saturday. 

Gwin 6- 1 Illogan 3rds 

We dominated the game from the start. Going 3-0 up in the first 10 minutes. Billy Foster clinically putting away 2 neat finishes and jack Elliot slotting away a penalty with no doubt. Before half time our right back Alastair Thomas rifled in a great strike that was never in doubt. 

HT 4-0 and cruising, should have scored more but very happy with that. 

Illogan scored first against us in the second half which came from a few errors which would have usually made us start panicking but not today. We got hold of the ball again and got ourselves another goal from Ben trebillock, a very well worked goal. And to top of a great day at the office, skipper gavin Russel got on the scoresheet again with a great finish. 

Full time 6-1. Quality result for us. And was good to see all the boys clicking together and working for each other. Everything came into place. And a special mention to our keeper Jamie Jose who dominated his area and came of his line a lot more compared to recent weeks which bred confidence through the whole team. 

MOM - Sam Charlton for me. Was a very tight one but the dirty work and covering he did, and just controlled the game.

16 minutes ago, Timbotastic said:

So the way it looks this player may well have not been eligible to play after all. 

The way they got around it seems wrong. You can get a 3 game ban. Your reserve team play 3 games in a week (possible this time of the season) for whom you have hardly played for . Yet you can then play again for the first team possibly the following Saturday. 

I personally wouldn’t say if a player is eligible or not until I’ve spoken to the County because I could end up with egg on my face. Again, it’s something I will be checking before I have to decide whether a League Rule has been breached.

My understanding is, if a player was to sign for every team in a club like Wendron or Illogan who have a team in the SWPL, Combination (Illogan) and then one or more teams in the Trelawny League, he can use the “category” rule to his advantage. For example, if the players 3 game ban started yesterday, he Could miss one game for say Illogan Thirds on Saturday, then on Monday miss a game with the firsts, Tuesday miss a game with Their Reserves, he’s then able to play on the Wednesday for any team. The discipline handbook states the term “team” so it’s something I will seek clarification on tomorrow (I’ll post the response in here so we can understand how it works).

When I get enquiries, I refer them to Cornwall FA as this isn’t my area of responsibility (to assume eligibility status for suspended players). I just ping an email off to the Governance team at the FA when it’s been raised :) 

43 minutes ago, Timbotastic said:

Think you're struggling to understand this a little here. He missed 2 games for 1st team and 1 for reserves (that equals 3) which meant he was available for the 2nd of 2 games on Saturday.

Right or wrong, if you don't make the rules, you just do as you're allowed to do, which was done. Well within league rules.  Although i see how people may at first be confused.

4 minutes ago, Sh91 said:

Think you're struggling to understand this a little here. He missed 2 games for 1st team and 1 for reserves (that equals 3) which meant he was available for the 2nd of 2 games on Saturday.

Right or wrong, if you don't make the rules, you just do as you're allowed to do, which was done. Well within league rules. 

It seems there is some confusion though. Both John Mead and Ballsax above seem unsure. And now sausage fingers...

Seems as though at this moment in time u are correct. And rules have been adhered too.

2 minutes ago, #sausagefingers said:

Regarding the suspension rule we had a player for our reserve's sent off  the first team had played 3 games since his suspension date but the 2nds left him out yesterday so his one game ban was served.but reading through posts he could of been selected after all ?

As long as he is signed on for them both then according to the rule as it stands he was likely eligible 

It’s something that requires clarification, certainly. This is just the handbook we get access to online. The discipline requirements that the County have will be much more informative and descriptive. 

Personally, I am sure (although doubt has been cast since reading some of the posts here) that the ban was served using both teams (firsts and Reserves). However, I have contacted the CFA for clarification. 

Marcus alonso is banned for Chelsea.. good job the under 10's and under 13's have games this week 

59 minutes ago, #sausagefingers said:

So in theory the poor lad served his suspension and missed out on being available for selection in 3 other games ? 

Does anyone want my opinion? Tough! Within the Trelawny League, a player signs for the club, not team. He will be eligible to play for the first team, reserves, 3rds and so on, within the specific rules regarding appearances for 1st team etc. So, regardless of which team he was playing for when being sent off, it must be that as his eligibility for any team exists, the ban must take into games played by any team. I think the only complication here is if the 1st team and reserve team played on the same day, this would only count as 1 game (he physically would not be able to play both games). I believe this is the state of affairs presently. So all good for yesterday's game in my opinion.

If this is considered wrong, the change to making the ban stand only for the team the player for, either 1st team, reserve team and so on, would be a logistical nightmare.

This is grass roots football people.

As you were.....

7 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Does anyone want my opinion? Tough! Within the Trelawny League, a player signs for the club, not team. He will be eligible to play for the first team, reserves, 3rds and so on, within the specific rules regarding appearances for 1st team etc. So, regardless of which team he was playing for when being sent off, it must be that as his eligibility for any team exists, the ban must take into games played by any team. I think the only complication here is if the 1st team and reserve team played on the same day, this would only count as 1 game (he physically would not be able to play both games). I believe this is the state of affairs presently. So all good for yesterday's game in my opinion.

If this is considered wrong, the change to making the ban stand only for the team the player for, either 1st team, reserve team and so on, would be a logistical nightmare.

This is grass roots football people.

As you were.....

The same opinion as mine, Mangle :) This is what I alway thought to be the case also. We will have to see. 

27 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Sorry to harp on about this but - as the FA rule clearly states, qualifying matches relate to the team the player was playing for in the match in which he was sent off. Matches played by a Clubs other teams do not count!

That’s how I thought it worked - surely it would just make the ruling a farce. U could play for a club with 3 teams. All 3 teams have a midweek game on different days. 

Your then available again the following Saturday.

15 minutes ago, patch said:

So if he wasn’t supposed to play then the opposition get the points and the game is void. What about the red card?

Surely usual procedure lose the points? And given to opposition? 

16 minutes ago, patch said:

So if he wasn’t supposed to play then the opposition get the points and the game is void. What about the red card?

And will he have to re-serve his original ban as well as his new one? 

I think the ruling suggesting that if a player is sent off for a team, that is the one he serves the ban for is the correct ruling. As several have said previously, at this time of year it could mean the banned player could be playing again within 5 days after serving a three game ban if a club with three/four sides all had evening fixtures on separate days. 

If a player in ‘Step’ leagues and above is sent off, their ban lasts for the length of time it takes for their team to see out the length of the ban. 

I know that in the past I have been unsure on when a player’s ban is starting or concluding I have emailed county to confirm and they have been extremely helpful. 

1 hour ago, patch said:

He would be regarded as an ineligible player and the points awarded to the opposition. The "new" red card would stand and further disciplinary action would be applied for playing while suspended. Wouldn't advise playing him in any matches between now and Saturday when the next suspension for yesterday's red card automatically starts! No doubt CCFA will be in touch to clarify things.