Cornwall Football Forum

S4C looks impressive!

Yes lol impressive let's hope it gets used well, still need gov. To stump up with money not sure they will. And not sure local sides will attract big enough crowds to make it pay. it's the product not the stadium that will attract fans. Can't see people travelling from the East of the county on a regular basis. Hope I am proved wrong

Pirates will own the freehold of the stadium and Truro City will pay rent.   I think £18,000 per annum was mentioned at the briefing last week.

What size crowds do the Pirates and Truro city currently get?

Threemilestone FC  and Cornish Sharks American Football was also mentioned in the Council papers.

Not quite there yet, reading the paper today there is no business plan in place yet, this is needed to attract the council money, and the government money.

Only a commitment to cover any shortfall up to £300K per annum for the first ten years......seems like they are confident  then - white elephant springs to mind.

Council run facility ....dead in the water.

The pirates will own it so - why aren't they running it, or are they (?)  because they are not daft.

46 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

In the paperwork it mentions holding football Cup finals, etc, there.

Has the CFA already committed itself to holding the Senior/Junior Cup finals there plus maybe County Under 18's home games?

If so, for how long?

I understand no not yet!

No good if the Senior Cup Final is to remain on Easter Monday anyway as the Step 2 National League South takes priority!

Best the county got their own artificial facility somewhere for themselves 

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

Not so much a stadium for Cornwall then, more a stadium for the Pirates !

Of course it is a Stadium for all of Cornwall.

Rugby League's Cornish Rebels are looking to play there.

American Football's,Cornwall Sharks,want to play games,there.

Cornwall's County Rugby games.

Football finals.

Add into that with all the hospitality facilities,like weddings,conferences meetings etc.

Live concerts.

The potential is huge,and if managed correctly,the S4C could be a massive success.

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I understand no not yet!

No good if the Senior Cup Final is to remain on Easter Monday anyway as the Step 2 National League South takes priority!

Best the county got their own artificial facility somewhere for themselves 

Why not have the Senior Cup/Junior Cup Finals on the Easter Sunday.?

Or request to the National League to make sure TCFC have an away fixture on Easter Monday.

Not too difficult.

Bottom line here is,providing who were in the Finals,the best available ground was selected,weather it was Blaize Park,Poltair,Priory Park,Treyew Rd.

Now in a couple of season,s the S4C will be far and beyond the best ground available.

Trying to find problems with old history,is boring.Its time to look forward,and move on,to the great new opporunities.

Do you think,as a Spurs fan that I wanted to leave White Hart Lane.?????

But you move on to the new Stadium,and what a beauty it is.

Thats what everyone does. 

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

The CCFA  paying out hire fees to play their own Cup Finals? they wont be too happy with that when Blaise Park and others have served them ideally over many years.lol,,

What do you think Big Al?

If Penfal get to the Senior Cup Final I'm sure Big Al and Older will only be to pleased to chip in for the cause especially with that fat pension sitting in an account doing nothing. :thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, Outsider said:

Home of Cornish Football and Rugby?  Cornwall Football final not on Easter Monday?    Stadium for Cornwall = Stadium for Pirates and Truro City.

Hope Cornwall FA stay away.

Did'nt you read my post,about all the other teams and sports,that would like to play there.

Open your eyes people,take your head out your backside.There is a positive future ,there.

53 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

I noticed the clip didn't show the overused, busy, nightmare road going past!

How many times do people have to be told Fanfare football and rugby matches are not played at peak times when the traffic is heavy, having lived at Threemilestone for twenty five years I can assure you that the A390 is not that busy on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon, midweek games are played on a Tuesday evening so no problem there either. How do you think these big clubs in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool manage. To much negativity on this subject I'm afraid. :SM_carton_y::SM_carton:

3 hours ago, Rayvon said:

If Penfal get to the Senior Cup Final I'm sure Big Al and Older will only be to pleased to chip in for the cause especially with that fat pension sitting in an account doing nothing. :thumbsup:

That's my fear, my big fat pension will be subsiding a stadium for the pirates.

Senior cup final in a 6 possibly 10,000 seat stadium will be the ruination of the competition ...AKA - no atmosphere at all, just like all the other minnows that may play there.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

That's my fear, my big fat pension will be subsiding a stadium for the pirates.

Senior cup final in a 6 possibly 10,000 seat stadium will be the ruination of the competition ...AKA - no atmosphere at all, just like all the other minnows that may play there.

We have just had a rise with our pensions.

Plus fans create ,atmosphere,not Stadium's.

You want to go to an away game with TISA,when a minority,create a cracking atmosphere.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

We have just had a rise with our pensions.

Plus fans create ,atmosphere,not Stadium's.

You want to go to an away game with TISA,when a minority,create a cracking atmosphere.

How many 6,000 seat stadiums do you play in (?)

17 minutes ago, David187 said:

Truro city's average attendance 467 ?

5,533 empty seats !!!!!!

I can remember going to Highbury many years ago, they were building a new stand behind one of the goals so they put up hoardings and painted a crowd on them, perhaps the same could be done at the S4C. I heard Older was some sort of artist when he was younger, perhaps he could help out. :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

I can remember going to Highbury many years ago, they were building a new stand behind one of the goals so they put up hoardings and painted a crowd on them, perhaps the same could be done at the S4C. I heard Older was some sort of artist when he was younger, perhaps he could help out. :thumbsup:

An artist with a football - not a paintbrush......some would not agree with that ...lol

7 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Hereford have won promotion to the National League South from the Southern League Premier.

Their trip to Truro next season will help increase The White Tigers average attendance. 

Tomorrow they will be presented with the League Trophy after their home game with Kettering Town, a sell-out with over 4,500 tickets sold!

1,500 empty seats.

5 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Your talking a load of bull again CTB but we'll done from me. :smiley20: Truro City  v Hereford United in the new Stadium, has to be ticket only then.

by the time the stadium us built hereford will be in the premiership!!!!

No certainty that Hereford will be placed in South as they are on the borderline, as also depends on the relegated teams from National league.. Torquay are the only certainty at the moment - they will bring a few hundred! Woking are a possible as in bottom 4 and only 1 game to play. 

Not unusual for some switching between North and South. Leamington have played Truro in Southern Prem but are in Nat North.

• 4 weeks later...