Cornwall Football Forum

Foxhole appoint new manager for 2018-19

Foxhole AFC are delighted to announce they have appointed the much-respected Lee Whetter as their new manager for their Duchy Premier league team for next season. Lee, who has enjoyed much success as a commanding centre-half while representing a number of local senior sides, is excited at the prospect of continuing the improvement and growth at all levels from youth through to veterans that his home village club has made in recent seasons. Foxhole AFC wish to thank Mr Whetter for agreeing to be their new manager and to express their thanks to current boss Gary Dyer, who will remain very much part of the club.

Good luck to Lee, although I got myself down to Goverseth last night, and witnessed a very poor display from foxhole, against what looked like an extremely weakened st stephens side! Would be quite safe to say foxhole now out of this years title race! Looks like Lee will have a tough task on his hands!

On 17/04/2018 at 23:03, 8 quid said:

Lee Whetter with Shaun German !!,hope Shaun has money to spare for players like he has done @ Bodmin 2nds & wadebridge 2nds as foxhole as a club won't be paying anyone ?

With out a doubt there will be players going across from wadebridge! Not sure why Shaun would want to leave when they are winning the league and getting promotion  

6 hours ago, Tribute said:

Apparently lee whether has been banking the money St Blazey pay him . Should be enough for 2 yrs at foxhole ??

After the season St.Blazey have had & not finishing in the top 3 (possibly 5!) After relegation last year I would suggest Lee should pay it back. Awful season & much dissatisfaction from the supporters not to be back in with Cornwall's elite for another season