Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v Launceston tonight 7-45pm

Enjoying their best season since 2011-12 (3rd) Falmouth will be looking to regain second spot with the visit of Launceston this evening.

The "Clarets"  in 9th.position are sure to be a tough nut to crack as they as they defend a 5 match unbeaten run at Bickland Park

Like  other clubs this will be the 2nd of 4 games within 8 days with Falmouth welcoming back its two County players Olly Walker and Jack Webber

Don’t forget the impact of coaches at Truro College who ‘identified players who played elsewhere’’ and directed them towards Falmouth - Jordan (and Tom) (plus more from that year) / Harry C / Marcello / Ollie / Jack W ans others and a lot of the Reserve team.

Westy has done really well but a lot of the upturn has come with these better players. 

17 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

1--0 to Falmouth

61m Luke Brabyn  heads home a Dave Broglino cross

very little bwetween the clubs as it finished 0--0 at Pennygillam in November.

Ha, ha, two "rynners" win the game.......c,mon you 3rds.

5 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Don’t forget the impact of coaches at Truro College who ‘identified players who played elsewhere’’ and directed them towards Falmouth - Jordan (and Tom) (plus more from that year) / Harry C / Marcello / Ollie / Jack W ans others and a lot of the Reserve team.

Westy has done really well but a lot of the upturn has come with these better players. 

That post will make the ex Penryn boys very happy I would think !!!!!

Why so bitter @TheolderIgetthebetterIwas? The Penryn lads got offered a better deal, facilities (although still dated!), and moved on! That's football buddy, you need to move on you're not doing yourself or Penryn any favours moanjng on here every time an 'ex penryn' player scores a goal or makes an appearance for someone else? I don't see what you're going to gain by it? You should be focusing on how to get the club back to where it was 10-20 years ago else I am afraid you'll just slip off of the radar, and we will see more houses built!

22 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Why so bitter @TheolderIgetthebetterIwas? The Penryn lads got offered a better deal, facilities (although still dated!), and moved on! That's football buddy, you need to move on you're not doing yourself or Penryn any favours moanjng on here every time an 'ex penryn' player scores a goal or makes an appearance for someone else? I don't see what you're going to gain by it? You should be focusing on how to get the club back to where it was 10-20 years ago else I am afraid you'll just slip off of the radar, and we will see more houses built!

Mmmm housing, just like there will be at Bickland Park and Falmouth without a ground; funny old world !

8 hours ago, Sijames said:

I think you will find it is a bit of banter between the Falmouth lads and myself, but you would not know that.

When I go to watch Penryn 3rds at Bickland I'm always asked what I'm going to call them this week ....just a laugh mate - no more.

I've said it often enough ....well done to Falmouth (Falpen) (Penfal) for a cracking season.....C'mon you 3rds.

We have had many substantial offers for our land, but with nowhere suitable locally we will be staying where we are for a bit longer yet.....but never say never !!!!!