Cornwall Football Forum

TRURO GOALKEEPER GETS ENGLAND CALL UP

Fantastic achievement for Tom, be a great experience for him! Reward for how much hes come on this season playing week in week out and being the number 1. Big confidence booster for him going into the play offs hopefully!?  Congrats to City goalkeeping coach Deba Sidhu for all his hard work with Tom, top bloke with it too. Surprised Cody ain’t had a little call up the form he’s been in of late as well?  

• 1 month later...

This game was played last weekend with the Republic running out 4.2 winners. Tom played for the first 45minutes and conceded one goal. I'm sure he would have enjoyed and learned from the experience. The question is will the City be able to hang on to his services for the coming season. :c:

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

This game was played last weekend with the Republic running out 4.2 winners. Tom played for the first 45minutes and conceded one goal. I'm sure he would have enjoyed and learned from the experience. The question is will the City be able to hang on to his services for the coming season. :c:

Yes this is the big question now /would be a big loss to the team if he did go 

I has been mentioned on the Internet that both Tom McHale ans Cody Cook are registered with the V9 set up run by Leicester City's Jamie Vardy and that Cody will be assessed  there in the coming weeks, the object of V9 is to secure professional contracts with Football League clubs. - It's taken time but Truro City has become one of football's shop windows for youngsters who have yet to break through to the professional ranks and a second chance for those who may have just missed out first time around.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-vardy-v9-academy-england-1622898 

• 1 month later...