Cornwall Football Forum

Clubs looking for managers next season.

St Agnes

Penryn

Carharrack 

perranporth

overheard kimmo is looking for a manager to look after his club after a fantastic 20years in charge.

penryn looking for a manager to take them back up the leagues, will this happen if harry pope takes all the players from carharrack, where will this leave carharrack?

perranporth will lose a manager, does 2 managers ever work?? Who has the final say?

I ll bite your fishing rod newbie, first of all I personally can’t stand the boy pope but if he goes to penryn with the current Carharrack side they will do well & if Penryn do want to go up again I think they will comfortably achieve that under him & his squad . As for Carharrack they will defo go down the leagues in my opinion . Onto Perranporth & I reckon the only decision making there will be by the committee, again can’t take away a great season . And if it is true about Kimmo what him & Mandy have done for that football club is immense as for Martyn both as player & manager for Aggie he won’t be replaced for anyone to do that stint again. If true I’m sure he  will remain as a club representative in one way or another. There you go newbie ? over

This is an interesting topic?

Clearly 'Feed the Goat' has insider information Martyn isn't aware of.

We will be celebrating his 20 years on the 16th June (details to follow) and as things stand at the moment I will be carrying him out of the club in a box before he steps down.

Clearly noone goes on for ever but if and when Martyn is ready to step down we promise we will post all about it ourselves.

1 hour ago, aggiemaid said:

This is an interesting topic?

Clearly 'Feed the Goat' has insider information Martyn isn't aware of.

We will be celebrating his 20 years on the 16th June (details to follow) and as things stand at the moment I will be carrying him out of the club in a box before he steps down.

Clearly noone goes on for ever but if and when Martyn is ready to step down we promise we will post all about it ourselves.

Top man Kimmo. Keep going Pal. ?

Reckon Kimmo got at least another 20 seasons in him yet!? Like Marksy said Kimmo and Mandy are Aggie legends, what they do for the club and hours they’ve put in over the years is incredible! Just look at the clubs facilities these days! Kimmo is the Wenger of Cornish football, he’ll decide when he’s had enough! Penryn be a great job for anyone, Jarvo has brought through some cracking youngsters last few seasons and they got some good people still at the club, lovely set up and the pleasure of seeing Mr Older every week! ??

Kimmo wouldn’t have anything to do without St Agnes on a Saturday afternoon. And as a mutual friend once said “wouldn’t have anything to wear either”

no one and I mean no one (without the benefit of money) could have done what he has done and remained competitive without any fear of relegation over the years. The amount of phone calls, text messages, Facebook messages (from Mandy) that he has had to make to get players to sign or even turn up has been mental. I’ve even had to do some of it for him as well over the years. 

Without Martin and Mandy the club wouldn’t be where it is now. 

There are a lot of clubs out there that are reliant on the manager. 

On 16 April 2018 at 09:59, MARKSY said:

I ll bite your fishing rod newbie, first of all I personally can’t stand the boy pope but if he goes to penryn with the current Carharrack side they will do well & if Penryn do want to go up again I think they will comfortably achieve that under him & his squad . As for Carharrack they will defo go down the leagues in my opinion . Onto Perranporth & I reckon the only decision making there will be by the committee, again can’t take away a great season . And if it is true about Kimmo what him & Mandy have done for that football club is immense as for Martyn both as player & manager for Aggie he won’t be replaced for anyone to do that stint again. If true I’m sure he  will remain as a club representative in one way or another. There you go newbie ? over

100% would have to agree. Good Luck to Harry next season at Penryn

Managers who committ a huge amount of time to one Club need commending as in this day and age commitment and loyalty are not words used in unison with regards to Clubs, but on the flip side a prolonged term in management can become detrimental to the position and the Club, managers can become lazy and teams and players become stale, change is a positive for lots of things in life and football is no exception, the problems faced by many Clubs is people involved for personal agendas and not the best interests of the Club, change in the right form is a positive for any Club