Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League & Cup - Saturday 14 April 2018

PREMIER DIVISION

St Mawgan 2-3 Torpoint Athletic Thirds

Sticker Reserves 1-0 Lostwithiel

Foxhole Stars 4-1 Biscovey

North Petherwin 1-0 St Stephen

St Dennis Reserves v Saltash United Thirds

Lostwithiel 0-0 Sticker Reserves  (at Burngullow Lane)

DIVISION 1

AFC Bodmin 3-1 Gunnislake

Grampound 0-5 Boscastle

Holywell and Cubert 11-1 Callington Town Thirds

North Hill 1-1 St Merryn

St Dominick 1-4 Godolphin Atlantic Reserves

St Newlyn East 4-0 Pelynt

DIVISION 2

Calstock 2-5 Tintagel          

Gorran 2-3 St Minver Reserves

Saltash United Fourths 1-9 Altarnun

St Cleer 4-1 St Columb Major

Stoke Climsland 3-2 Pensilva Reserves

Tregrehan Mills 3-2 St Breward

DIVISION 3

Delabole United 1-4 Lamerton Community FC

High Street 1-4 Lifton

Mevagissey Reserves 4-2 St Eval Spitfires

St Stephen Reserves 4-0 Rame Peninsula FC

DIVISION 4

Boscastle Reserves 2-3 Week St Mary

Looe Town Reserves 3-2 Wadebridge Town Thirds

Lostwithiel Reserves 6-1 North Petherwin Reserves

Southgate 3-2 Tregony

St Kew FC 0-10 Polperro Reserves

St Mawgan Reserves 1-2 Liskeard Athletic Thirds

Bodmin Sports Trophies Duchy League Cup

Lanreath Reserves 2-0 Dobwalls Reserves

Duchy Div Two

Calstock 2 - 5 Tintagel

I headed down to Calstock wondering what the pitch would be like (but mostly looking forward to a pint in the Tamar Inn afterwards) and found it deserted !  One seriously bad patch on the pitch that i noticed and i doubt it will be in action any time soon. So it was back up the hill and a quick look in to see how Gunnislake's pitch was holding up, and to my surprise Calstock & Tintagel were there.

The pitch was in superb condition by the way.

Calstock opened brightly and took the lead after 20 minutes but Tintagel had equalised by the break and probably should have had a couple more. Three Tintacs goals in the first 20 minutes of the second half saw the game off but Calstock were never quite out of it and kept plugging away and eventually clawed another one back. In the closing stages Calstock should have scored again but a bad miss was countered by a breakaway attack which saw the scoreline rise to 2-5.

No doubt that Tintagel deserved their win but Calstock were certainly not as bad as their record suggest, perhaps a player or two short of being a reasonable side at this level. All in all very enjoyable, both sides doing their bit, no moaning of note and well handled by referee Mark Hill who tries to let the game flow.

Duchy Prem;

St Mawgan 2-3 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint started strong but had a chance well saved within 10 mins, St Mawgan pressed down the slope with the wind and tested the keeper twice before breaking and scoring a tap in after they caught Torpoint with a quick counter.

Most of the chances fell to St Mawgan but the score at half time was 1-0 to the home team.

the 2nd half saw St Mawgan start stronger up the slope and they scored a goal after 10 mins with a through ball not dealt with and a shot wrong footing the keeper to make it 2-0.

Point pulled a goal back through a fine free kick from Robbins and equalised with a poachers goal from Rogers after a flick on.

St Mawgan pressed and forced the Torpoint keeper into a couple of important saves before 3 minutes from time the away team grabbed the win with a fine header from Gibbons.

The slope and wind was a major contributor today but Torpoint sprung to life after their 1st goal and deserved the points all in all.

St Stephen Reserves 4-0 Rame

St Stephen thoroughly deserved their win and dominated throughout the game with the away side creating very little clear chances, however credit to Rame, they did not give up until the end.

Goals from Jordi Willmott x3 and Reece Willmott

Real shame to see that not a single Rame player make it back to the pub for some food and drink, I know they said someone had to leave early but would be nice to see at least a couple there. #ShameOnRame

MOM - Ash Bonney

Southgate 3-2 tregony

how we (tregony) lost this game, I’ll never know. We had the better chances, a dodgy penalty given to Southgate. Oh well, was a brilliant game to be part of and credit to us and Southgate for playing such a good game on an awful pitch. Southgate are a good bunch of lads and we look forward to seeing them next week at our place! A mention to Stephen floyd Norris who was like a young Edwin van der sar in the sticks. 

39 minutes ago, davegrose said:

Some one care to explain the losty sticker games? Some odd results in the duchy prem league this season,none more other than my team st Dennis,less sed bout us the better lol!! The leagues any ones at the minute even tho I'm afraid to look at the table ha ha

was 2x 60 min games after eachother I believe in order to get the fixtures completed

12 hours ago, davegrose said:

Some one care to explain the losty sticker games? Some odd results in the duchy prem league this season,none more other than my team st Dennis,less sed bout us the better lol!! The leagues any ones at the minute even tho I'm afraid to look at the table ha ha

What is odd about St Dennis' results Grosey?

On 14/04/2018 at 22:19, Cornishfootball said:

Duchy Prem;

St Mawgan 2-3 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint started strong but had a chance well saved within 10 mins, St Mawgan pressed down the slope with the wind and tested the keeper twice before breaking and scoring a tap in after they caught Torpoint with a quick counter.

Most of the chances fell to St Mawgan but the score at half time was 1-0 to the home team.

the 2nd half saw St Mawgan start stronger up the slope and they scored a goal after 10 mins with a through ball not dealt with and a shot wrong footing the keeper to make it 2-0.

Point pulled a goal back through a fine free kick from Robbins and equalised with a poachers goal from Rogers after a flick on.

St Mawgan pressed and forced the Torpoint keeper into a couple of important saves before 3 minutes from time the away team grabbed the win with a fine header from Gibbons.

The slope and wind was a major contributor today but Torpoint sprung to life after their 1st goal and deserved the points all in all.

Torpoint XI

Bond

Bays C.Westall(c) Rogers Gibbons

M.Westall Norman Brayson Rosevear

Robbins Ferguson

Subs: Richardson, Charman

I thought St Mawgan would've been disappointed entering the break only 1-0. Despite the strong save from their keeper and a lucky bounce from a divot they kept Torpoint at bay for most of the half. A 3 on 1 opportunity was not capitalised on as the Torpoint keeper Bond made a strong stop. Despite their strong build up play, their biggest opportunities came on the counter attack and this is how they found their first goal.

Once the Mawgan 2nd had been scored I felt that the win may have been too far for Torpoint. Subs and a slight formation change helped the away side, a terrific 30 yard free kick from top scorer Robbins got it back to 2-1. Soon after when a flick on landed to CB Rogers at the back post, Torpoint soon made the game even at 2-2 as he volleyed in. Torpoint continued to press from here with Ferguson cutting back to an on rushing Gibbons, the strike was blocked on the line by the defender. Entering the last 10 minutes of play both sides were creating opportunities to win the game. A positive move from St Mawgan found the man inside the box with the strike being blocked superbly by Brayson. With the game not over, Torpoint captain C.Westall found Gibbons with a through ball over the top of the St Mawgan defense. With the keeper rushing out of his box, the ball was lifted over his head (by the slightest of flicks) hitting the inside of the post before hitting the back of the net.

You can see why St Mawgan are where they are in the Division, they played some nice football throughout the game and really used their rolling substitutes well. It's never an easy place to go and I feel that a draw would've been fair for both sides.

Thanks for your report Luke it was a good game and you guys certainly celebrated when you scored the third goal but then why not. St Mawgan has now played both Junior Cup finalists within the space of 3 days. In both games St Mawgan were 2 - 0 up with about a quarter of the game to go in each match. In both matches we gave away two free kicks and were punished as all 4 led to a goal. I think the cup final will be a very tight affair and I hope it is an exciting game and good luck to both teams.

On 16 April 2018 at 09:02, Jimmer06 said:

What is odd about St Dennis' results Grosey?

Were losing more than were winning jimmer,not going how we wanted that's for sure mate

On 16 April 2018 at 12:04, Cornishfootball said:

was St Dennis v Saltash not played? 

Cannot see it on the Full-time or on here as a result 

No ref available

10 hours ago, davegrose said:

Lack of interest,lack of players,lack of everything,not good enough really

Was the decision to have 3 teams a bit too much then?

Or I suppose it was a good idea with 50 players pre season, now people lost interest? shame for local football really, 2 teams next season?

On 18 April 2018 at 08:44, Jimmer06 said:

Was the decision to have 3 teams a bit too much then?

Or I suppose it was a good idea with 50 players pre season, now people lost interest? shame for local football really, 2 teams next season?

Not sure wots gonna happen,the weather hasn't helped that's for sure,people lose interest no matter wot it is they do