Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Thursday 12th April 2018

2 hours ago, Sijames said:

That's what I initially thought, here now....and it isn't great watching! ?

Well considering you never had to pay you don’t have nothing to moan at.  Holmans defo the better side going forward & we should have got 3 points but West Cornwall good side & defended very well. The boy knuckey or whatever his name is played very well up top for WC . Holmans lads played some decent football but the final finish is just missing. Another point on the board ?

West Cornwall didn't play well, grew into the game but started really slowly. Had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside, and got into some good positions but the lino put paid to any threats. Holmans final ball let them down but were a threat down the wings and young Lewis up front was superb. Lovely footballer. Draw was probably about right though. Another point towards safety for both sides, think they'll both take that.

11 hours ago, ballsax said:

West Cornwall didn't play well, grew into the game but started really slowly. Had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside, and got into some good positions but the lino put paid to any threats. Holmans final ball let them down but were a threat down the wings and young Lewis up front was superb. Lovely footballer. Draw was probably about right though. Another point towards safety for both sides, think they'll both take that.

Not to sure about your slating  of our Lino  as he is a very good referee. Little bit sherbet lemon ? on that one 

None at all Dave, was just there as a spectator stood on the far side, my involvement this year has been limited at best. Not questioning his ability as a ref, been very good when we've had him. Just thought he got a couple of decisions wrong, and I had a good view opposite him. No bitterness, just an honest opinion. Doesn't mean I'm right. As for the game, I thought Holmans looked far more dangerous, just the final ball let them down. Much improved from the start of the season, and I wish you all the best for the remainder and hope to see you next season ?