Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League result Weds.11th April

25 minutes ago, Soccer Follower said:

Div 3

Frogpool-Cusgarne 4   Holman SC 0  H/T 0-0

Goals in the 65th,75th,79th and 88th minutes.

Yeh Holmans lads worked hard tonight but just like last week fitness really showed & Frogpool great little side under Dan . 18 I believe unbeaten couldn’t wish for a better side to win div3 . ??

Division 3

Frogpool Reserves 4-0 Holmans Reserves

A good win and a very strong and commanding performance tonight, the first in a long while, against a strong and solid Holmans side who have caused problems over both games.

Our first goal came in the second half, Adam Coveney’s delightful through ball was latched onto by man of the match Sam Macwilliam to calmly tuck away into the bottom corner. Jack Froud scored a composed finish to double our lead about ten minutes after.

Substitute Mark Fuller calmly squared it to Charlie Martin to tuck away, and Zach Maunder rounded off a great game for the frogs late on with a good finish.

Massive win after a horrid evening trying to get everyone to the game. Massive thanks to Lee Booker for filling in between the sticks at the last minute for us - he had an outstanding game.

Great team performance, with excellent performances at the back from Richard Roper, Lewis Bax, Tom Campbell and Jordan Phillipps also deserving a shout out.

Thank you for the kind words @MARKSY and thanks to Holmans for two tough but enjoyable matches in the space of a week.

St Buryan Reserves 1-2 St Just Seconds (HT 1-1)

Very well contested game that could’ve gone either way. Second half St Just mounted the pressure and eventually got the winner. Goals courtesy of a drive from range by Sam Mckenna and a great one-on-one finish by young Josh Attwood.

Man of the match Luke May who didn’t put a foot wrong for us in my opinion. That’s two derby wins on the bounce now for us - Jurassic Park! ??

Weirdest game for us ever tonight! 

West cornwall 11-5 newlyn reserves 

really unusual game tonight! Started very quickly out the blocks and were 3-0 up with 15 minutes with neat finishes from ash kemp, Ben dawe and Jowan Kitchener.  Newlyn then scored a free kick from 40 yards which found its way through everyone into the bottom corner. Jowan then scored one from quickly inside our half. Which again wouldn’t put the game to bed as newlyn answered back to stay in touch. Just before half time Jowan Kitchener completed a first half hatrick and elliot carveth scored a tap in after good work from ash Kemp. 

6-2 HT 

After asking my lads to up there efforts defensively something clearly didn’t sink in as we conceded a penalty and a goal from a corner. 

Tireless midfielder Monty cloutman kept then created a 3 goal cushion before once again newlyn came fighting back and scored a header from another set piece. 

At 7-5 needing to stop newlyns momentum After a breather mr Kitchener was reintroduced he  returned to the field to round the keeper and score from a 40 yard through ball with his first touch to make it 8-5. 

The 9th came with a bit of controversy when Jowan was brought down by the keeper the ball bobbled acroos to our right back who put it away from a tight angle to which the ref played a good advantage but the player was flagged offside for the goal. 

After debate with the Lino whether to give the goal, bring it back for the pen or give the offside we were given the goal. 

The 10th and 11th came in the last 10 minutes with both Ben dawe and ash kemp repeating what they did in the first 10 minutes and doubling there tally! 

Game finished 11-5 and both teams could of had more. 

Scorers 

Jowan 4

ash and dawesy 2

elliot monty and Hodgey 1 

Best of luck to newlyn for the season. 

18 hours ago, Clubman said:

That's what you get with Club Assistants. Lol. 

Hi Mr @Clubman. I will take that comment personally as I was the "Lino" on the night. I was fair throughout, I flagged 1 offside in the first half, which was not given as the ref failed to look at me for about 1 minute, by which time play had continued elsewhere, nothing had happened, and he finally acknowledged me. Second half, I gave a second flag, this time a free-kick was awarded, with no complaints from anyone, and then the "disputed" flag for offside at the goal. A player had broken down the middle of the pitch, into the area, and was impeded by the goalkeeper. This player was not offside. The ball did then bobble, from the attacker, to another player out to the right, and this player was in front of the ball when it was last played, and also having only one opposition player between him and the goal. He scored, and I flagged. I was actually a little surprised at first why everyone looked a bit annoyed, and the ref came over (after he had initially awarded the goal without looking at me, again!). He asked me what happened, and I merely stated that the goal scorer was offside when the ball was played through to him. The ref disagreed, which I found odd, but then he clarified by saying that this player was behind the ball. My position was not perfect, but it was pretty good, the initial break through the middle was at pace, and I was running backwards, not directly in line with the offside player, but I was in line with the challenge in the penalty area (about where I should have been luckily with the out-rushing goalkeeper). By default, the scorer was clearly offside, being ahead of me, and I was fairly level with the ball and the challenge. I actually do not know where the ref was positioned, but I can assure you that I had an overall much better in-line view. He would have been more in the middle of the pitch, and someway further back. But, without arguing with him, I accepted his decision to award the goal (as opposed to a penalty). It had no impact on the result, and was highly unlikely to have any impact on the game. So why I would decide to cheat is beyond me, which I would never do anyway. I hope that explains the situation clearly enough.

On another note, I agree with Mr @paulo bestiniho as the weirdness of the game. I thought we were going to get stuffed, then I thought we would fight back, then we did get stuffed! WCR have some very good players, and are a match for anyone in the league I would have thought. Good luck to them throughout their remaining fixtures of the season.