Callington Town    0,   Newquay    2
Camelford    1,    Ivybridge Town       2
Falmouth Town    5,   Cullompton Rangers   1
Helston Athletic        0,   Tavistock       4
Saltash United    6,   Sticker   1
Stoke Gabriel    0,   Launceston    2
Witheridge    1,   Godolphin Atlantic   2

DIVISION ONE EAST
Alphington    1,   Torridgeside   0     (played at Torridgeside)    
Bovey Tracey    0,   Appledore    1    
Galmpton & Roselands    0,   Budleigh Salterton     3    
Liverton United    0,   Newton Abbot Spurs    6    
Sidmouth Town    0,  Brixham AFC   1
Teignmouth    6,   Ilfracombe Town   2    
University of Exeter    3,   Crediton United    1

DIVISION ONE WEST
Bude Town    2,   St Dennis    0
Holsworthy    3,   Wendron United    1
Liskeard Athletic    8,    Dobwalls        0
Ludgvan    1,   Mousehole   0    
Millbrook    3,   Illogan RBL   0
Penzance    2,   Plymouth Marjon   1 
Porthleven    4,   Wadebridge Town    1

14 hours ago, Jimmyruff said:

With all this dry weather this week, will be interesting to see how many ‘waterlogged’ pitches there are especially with reserve/feeder teams aiming for promotion.... ☀️?

A shower overnight so no doubt an excuse to call off matches by the officials !

Helston 0 -4 Tavistock 

only comment I can make on this is tavvy  better team & deserved the win but the Referee has had an absolute nightmare booking at least 5 or 6 Helston players plus a red card plus one maybe two tavvy bookings only a young Ref But absolutely terrible decision making. Mind you no help from the top Lino who was just as poor. In fact he may as well not of been there. Think possibly 2 yellow cards in the entire game would have been quite sufficient instead he wound up both teams especially Helston by some really poor cards. Overall this guy needs to Ref at a lower level first. 

Watched a very poor game between Callington & Newquay today.

Newquay scored after about 30 seconds, pure Route 1 football with the Newquay striker latching on to a long ball before finishing well.

Newquay scored again in similar fashion after 30 minutes.

To be fair to Callington, they were the better team for most of the game but final balls let them down and quality in front of goal was also poor, they must have had 10-15 shots at goal with none hitting the target and about 12 corners with no clear cut chances created.

Good result today!! Don’t know what game Teflon 123 was watching!! The result was never in doubt!! Plus we had 11 players unavailable and 3 second team players starting!!! Great job done by the lads!! Good luck to Callington in there last 13-14 games!! ??⚽️

Camelford 1 v 2 Ivybridge

To be honest a game neither side deserved to win and as such Camelford will be unhappy and Ivybridge now comfortable.

Five changes for Camelford from last game and although still a squad of 16 players had some players playing out of position - including Bobby Hopkinson kindly stepping in to cover Luke in goal who was on winning County u18 duty.

The wind was blowing straight down the pitch and the pitch was still very very soft, cutting up badly again.

First half saw Camels in total dominance and should have scored at least 4 but failed to convert - other than a close disallowed goal for offside. A penalty waved away (must start teaching the young honest players to dive screaming as otherwise refs won’t give penalties) and a 45 yd strike just missing whilst the keeper was out of his box  were probably the highlight for Camelford  

HT 0-0

Second half saw Ivybridge with a lot more possession, but like the Camels never took advantage of possession. I think in the whole game both keepers made one save each. 

In the 80th minute a well delivered corner saw a scramble and Ivybridge found themselves one up. Five minutes later a carbon copy but good finish on the back post 2-0 Ivybridge. Final kick of the game saw a 20yd volley by Josh I rocket into corner, 2-1 and game over. 

Thought all the officials had good games - didn’t agree with some decisions but that’s football. 

Onwards to the next game. 

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Helston 0 -4 Tavistock 

only comment I can make on this is tavvy  better team & deserved the win but the Referee has had an absolute nightmare booking at least 5 or 6 Helston players plus a red card plus one maybe two tavvy bookings only a young Ref But absolutely terrible decision making. Mind you no help from the top Lino who was just as poor. In fact he may as well not of been there. Think possibly 2 yellow cards in the entire game would have been quite sufficient instead he wound up both teams especially Helston by some really poor cards. Overall this guy needs to Ref at a lower level first. 

I must admit I thought the referee was a little card happy, but most were justified inc the red! Assistants mind you couldn't keep up with play, lack lustre to say the least. Helston were poor mind you, the cards didn't make a difference and no real key decisions effected the score line. They seem to take one step forwards and two back unfortunately, seem to be a little more frustrated with the system than anything? I don't think they've got the players to play it.

Ludgvan 1 - 0 Mousehole 

Great local derby and really good game, hard fought victory for Ludgvan. Not the best footballing match but plenty of grit and determination and the spoils went to the deserved winners. 

The goal coming midaway through the first half. A superb free kick delivered into the visitors box and a flick on header with the keeper in no mans land. 

Mousehole dominated possession in the second half and couldn’t break down a resolute Ludgvan defence. Ludgvan had a few break away chances which they couldn’t  convert. 

Both teams have important games on Monday before they do it all again on Wednesday. 

I for one hope the game is as good as today’s match. 

Ludgvan got their groove back for the run in. 

Dont know who the ref was today, could only of been 20 if that. Had a great game and controlled it with ease. One of the best I have seen in Cornwall for a while. 

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

I must admit I thought the referee was a little card happy, but most were justified inc the red! Assistants mind you couldn't keep up with play, lack lustre to say the least. Helston were poor mind you, the cards didn't make a difference and no real key decisions effected the score line. They seem to take one step forwards and two back unfortunately, seem to be a little more frustrated with the system than anything? I don't think they've got the players to play it.

That's what up get when there is a policy in place to rush young referred through. You cannot allow double promotions in one season. You need a season at your next level to realise the difference.

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Spot on ?

Thank you Marksy, glad to know that I am not the only one that believes that experience has to be gained . It is not acceptable that the push for young referees to advance should be put before gaining an understanding of the differences between the standards of the higher leagues.

1 hour ago, Clubman said:

Thank you Marksy, glad to know that I am not the only one that believes that experience has to be gained . It is not acceptable that the push for young referees to advance should be put before gaining an understanding of the differences between the standards of the higher leagues.

Who was the ref, was he named in the programme?

7 hours ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

Who was the ref, was he named in the programme?

I’m afraid I don’t know the experienced Luke Wilkes was on the far line & would of done a much better job. I hate Ref bashing I genuinely do but he was awful & made some poor decisions that made the game sound like it was a blood bath when there was barely anything all game. Clubman is spot on, a lot if not all of these young lads need lower experience first . These refs or again a lot of them are going off a set of rules which states this & that about tackles where as were they to play the game & experience lower level games reffing I know many haven’t they would for a start have a better understanding of certain challenges instead they see a player who for instance tries a last ditch tackle say & instead of a free kick because he’s attempted to make the ball & clearly not the man a yellow or red is quickly brandished alongside a free kick. Only for those people that were there yesterday at Helston the first booking he made in the game was atrocious it was in no way a yellow card. However some ten minutes later the same player has a tackle on the touch line which again these are my opinions only definitely warranted a yellow . So Helston down to ten ( wrong decision player should still be on the pitch because of the first one . Again I want to point out even though Helston lost there centre half ( who by the way looks bloody brilliant won everything in the air & Tuesday at Godolphin was top class.) this in my opinion would not of changed the result , goals maybe but not result Tavvy were way on top before the red. 

16 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Ludgvan 1 - 0 Mousehole 

Great local derby and really good game, hard fought victory for Ludgvan. Not the best footballing match but plenty of grit and determination and the spoils went to the deserved winners. 

The goal coming midaway through the first half. A superb free kick delivered into the visitors box and a flick on header with the keeper in no mans land. 

Mousehole dominated possession in the second half and couldn’t break down a resolute Ludgvan defence. Ludgvan had a few break away chances which they couldn’t  convert. 

Both teams have important games on Monday before they do it all again on Wednesday. 

I for one hope the game is as good as today’s match. 

Ludgvan got their groove back for the run in. 

Dont know who the ref was today, could only of been 20 if that. Had a great game and controlled it with ease. One of the best I have seen in Cornwall for a while. 

The ref was Paul kempon a very good young referee who if he keep going should go a very long way in the game, on to the game i totally agree with your comments ludgvan wanted it more even though I thought Mousehole had more possession but couldn't get through the ludgvan back four who were superb see you on Wednesday. 

No report on the Bodmin v St.Austell game ..... :ninja:

Bodmin 4-1 St.Austell,

Game played on an excellent Priory Park surface that did cut up as the game went along. As for the game its self, a dominant display by Bodmin against possibly the weakest St.Austell side I have seen in many years. Both teams having players missing & I personally felt the game missed the usual 'bite' this fixture brings with it. But credit to our lads who played St.Austell off the park during some parts of the match & if had their shooting boots on it could of been 6/7 goals to Bodmin. After a very hard week against Saltash, Parkway & St.Austell & now we move on to Tavistock, followed by Saltash again. Roll end end of this farcical season for all.

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Bodmin 4-1 St.Austell,

Game played on an excellent Priory Park surface that did cut up as the game went along. As for the game its self, a dominant display by Bodmin against possibly the weakest St.Austell side I have seen in many years. Both teams having players missing & I personally felt the game missed the usual 'bite' this fixture brings with it. But credit to our lads who played St.Austell off the park during some parts of the match & if had their shooting boots on it could of been 6/7 goals to Bodmin. After a very hard week against Saltash, Parkway & St.Austell & now we move on to Tavistock, followed by Saltash again. Roll end end of this farcical season for all.

Fair assessment of the game for sure Bodmin wanted it a lot more than St.Austell .They looked devoid of any ambition to fight for the points from the management to the team . Might be time for some of them to move on and relight their enthusiasm at a new club .. 

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Bodmin 4-1 St.Austell,

Leeds - from what was on Twitter, this was probably the strongest St Austell team that has been put out for a fair while, other than Liam Eddy (who was shown on the bench). To loose 4-1 is not good and I am sure many of the St Austell faithful will see beating Bodmin as a priority - so even worse.

Looks like there is a 'change of guard' taking place with Falmouth taking up seniority in mid Cornwall. 

St Austell look like a club that has gone steadily backwards after the league title and Vase semi of 2014/15. They looked ready to move up to step 5 that season , surprised they didn't do this as this would have provided the challenge needed to keep everything going in the right direction. Not privy to the reasons why though, must have had valid reasons.

On 15/04/2018 at 08:02, MARKSY said:

I’m afraid I don’t know the experienced Luke Wilkes was on the far line & would of done a much better job. I hate Ref bashing I genuinely do but he was awful & made some poor decisions that made the game sound like it was a blood bath when there was barely anything all game. Clubman is spot on, a lot if not all of these young lads need lower experience first . These refs or again a lot of them are going off a set of rules which states this & that about tackles where as were they to play the game & experience lower level games reffing I know many haven’t they would for a start have a better understanding of certain challenges instead they see a player who for instance tries a last ditch tackle say & instead of a free kick because he’s attempted to make the ball & clearly not the man a yellow or red is quickly brandished alongside a free kick. Only for those people that were there yesterday at Helston the first booking he made in the game was atrocious it was in no way a yellow card. However some ten minutes later the same player has a tackle on the touch line which again these are my opinions only definitely warranted a yellow . So Helston down to ten ( wrong decision player should still be on the pitch because of the first one . Again I want to point out even though Helston lost there centre half ( who by the way looks bloody brilliant won everything in the air & Tuesday at Godolphin was top class.) this in my opinion would not of changed the result , goals maybe but not result Tavvy were way on top before the red. 

sometimes Marksy, referees do make you wonder whether it would be easier grabbing the whistle and doing it yourself<_<

52 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

St Austell look like a club that has gone steadily backwards after the league title and Vase semi of 2014/15. They looked ready to move up to step 5 that season , surprised they didn't do this as this would have provided the challenge needed to keep everything going in the right direction. Not privy to the reasons why though, must have had valid reasons.

Probably the expense of it - the long away journeys involve a colossal expense in travelling and the money certainly would not be covered by gate money. The Devon clubs do not have such an expense of course, being situated much closer to away matches. Southern League will never exist within Cornwall.

Some are suggesting that perhaps we need to get rid of the Western League in the pyramid!

Have a league instead with the likes of St.Austell, Bodmin, Saltash, Falmouth in with Bideford, Barnstaple, Willand, Buckland, Parkway, Tavistock, Exmouth, Wimborne, Bristol MF, Yate, Mangotsfield, Larkhall, Paulton, Slimbridge and others and once that is established then others will follow and the footprint will retract in a SW direction.

Bigger away followings, more home income and yes initially more travel, but clubs have to be pushed.

10 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Some are suggesting that perhaps we need to get rid of the Western League in the pyramid!

Have a league instead with the likes of St.Austell, Bodmin, Saltash, Falmouth in with Bideford, Barnstaple, Willand, Buckland, Parkway, Tavistock, Exmouth, Wimborne, Bristol MF, Yate, Mangotsfield, Larkhall, Paulton, Slimbridge and others and once that is established then others will follow and the footprint will retract in a SW direction.

Bigger away followings, more home income and yes initially more travel, but clubs have to be pushed.

Be a few hammerings their David for a few of the Cornish clubs against those sort of sides if it were to materialize! 

Expect you're right Big Al. Given the age and strength of the squad, the size of the support and improvements to the ground that had been made and were in the offing. it did seem that St Austell were good for a few seasons of success. Be interesting to hear the views of the St Austell fans on why this didn't happen.