Cornwall Football Forum

Worst case scenario?

Everyone is aware of the fixture backlog of course. What I am wondering is, in the event that we unfortunately reach the end of the season with fixtures still unplayed, what will actually occur? is there a worst case scenario plan in place or will we have to wait on the Duchy AGM to hear what will happen? 

I'm not aware of any specific rule within the Duchy handbook and sincerely hope it is not something being left as a last minute decision....

not what I was after.... it's what will occur come 31st May if circumstances mean that league fixtures are still unplayed... for instance if all the promotion spots are determined, despite remaining fixtures, in say Duchy 2, whilst there are still relegation-determining fixtures still outstanding in Duchy 1?? 

9 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

What about cancelling all of the cups...

Including the Junior Cup ? 

Cant cancel the cups, Duchy isn’t like the SWPL so can probably run into June??

Not that it’s an ideal situation, of course. Just organise no pre season fixtures next year? 

20 minutes ago, Jimmer06 said:

Including the Junior Cup ? 

Cant cancel the cups, Duchy isn’t like the SWPL so can probably run into June??

Not that it’s an ideal situation, of course. Just organise no pre season fixtures next year? 

Not the Junior Cup. 

They can most definitely cancel the cups... just ask the Duchy’s counterparts at The Trelawny League. 

nope, sorry chaps, still not reading it right..... my point is .... if, after all other rearrangements have been made/attempted, and this would include cup cancellations, double headers, reversed ties, etc , that there were still league fixtures outstanding that had a direct influence on promotion or relegation come the end, what (With there being no rule currently in place to tackle it) would the league position be? 

56 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Not the Junior Cup. 

They can most definitely cancel the cups... just ask the Duchy’s counterparts at The Trelawny League. 

OK, I will rephrase, they should not cancel the cups. Taking competitions away from a competitive sport?? It is some clubs last chance of winning something. Trelawney have mucked up on that decision.

At what stage was the cup cancelled? Quarters? Semis?

Games in April and May count as ordered fixtures, so the games must go ahead unless the pitch isn't fit (and it HAS to stop raining at some point). If you want an indication of what can be done to get fixtures played in April/May check out this

http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/DisplayTeam.do?selectednavpage1=All&navPageNumber1=2&teamID=8477166&divisionseason=975874520