Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL Fixture Monday 9th April

Well a lot has been said about Parkway playing 1st team players from time to time.  I can only argue that St Austell had David De Gea playing last night.  2 unbelievable saves - one in the 88th min I still don't know how he's saved.  We hit the woodwork twice, created plenty but St Austell just wouldn't allow it.  Deserved winners.  Their game against Saltash will be a cracker in the next round.  By far the 2 best teams we have played (so far) this season.  Well Done Mark and lads.

I don’t think it will be as close as what people may be thinking. Saltash are looking good but Torpoint have 5/6 games after their first team’s season finishes so I believe they’ll finish the strongest as they’ve always mixed the teams to their advantage very well. 

12 hours ago, OldFan said:

I don’t think it will be as close as what people may be thinking. Saltash are looking good but Torpoint have 5/6 games after their first team’s season finishes so I believe they’ll finish the strongest as they’ve always mixed the teams to their advantage very well. 

To be fair to Torpoint they have had a few players promoted to the 1st team this season (at least 5) but obviously when there aren't any 1st team games I would expect them to return 

2 minutes ago, Cornishfootball said:

To be fair to Torpoint they have had a few players promoted to the 1st team this season (at least 5) but obviously when there aren't any 1st team games I would expect them to return 

They put in at least 4 when they played Saltash ;)